Fraser Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Driving/staying on Fraser Island

by jcalder Online Now Mar 27, 2014 at 8:53 AM

My husband, 3 children and I will be travelling to Queensland in November and would like to go to Fraser Island. We will have a rental car and will be staying on the Sunshine Coast (possibly in Noosa). Can we take our rental car to the island or are we better to walk on the ferry or take an organized tour? Not sure if we should go just for the day or stay overnight? Appreciative of any advice! Thanks!

more
    • Driving/staying on Fraser Island

by jcalder Online Now Mar 27, 2014 at 8:53 AM

My husband, 3 children and I will be travelling to Queensland in November and would like to go to Fraser Island. We will have a rental car and will be staying on the Sunshine Coast (possibly in Noosa). Can we take our rental car to the island or are we better to walk on the ferry or take an organized tour? Not sure if we should go just for the day or stay overnight? Appreciative of any advice! Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 5:41 PM
    • Conny76's Profile Photo

Party feeling of lonely beaches as a single traveller

by Conny76 Online Now Nov 24, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Hi, I am planning to spend a few days during xmas on Fraser Island and as I am a 37-year old women I am wondering what the best way would be to go about it.
      My fear is that organized tours end up in party feeling on each beach whilst being on my own might be a bit risky with getting stuck with the car. What do you reckon?
      Thanks in advance.
      Conny

5 Answers Dec 3, 2013 at 7:44 AM
    • Is October a good time to visit Fraser Island?

by KittyKat00 Online Now Aug 22, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Im hoping to visit Fraser Island with my partner and am wondering which month would be best - October or November? Considering the long weekend at the beginning of October and we will be doing a mixture of camping and then a night in a hotel as a treat. I would like the weather to be warm enough so that we can swim in the ocean and sunbathe/relax on the beach if possible. Any advice on time of year to go would be appreciated thanks :)

3 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    • Any solo dads want to join me and my children

by Dadsondaughter Online Now Aug 3, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I am a sole father of two children (5 -8). I want to take my children to Fraser Island over Christmas break and would like to have other single parents to join us, for a fun filled holiday, I have my own four wheel drive and camping equipment. Being a solo father I would like to meet others in the same situation with similar interests for friendship

1 Answer Aug 3, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    • join our trip to fraiser island ~ 27.-30.05.2013

by Stesistesi Online Now May 23, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Hey, we are two german girls, who are doing backpacking. We want to go to fraser island by our own, without an expensive tour. ~27-30.05.2013.
      Is there somebody who want to join us, hire a car, doing camping and share the costs?
      Looking forward to your answer, (our email: stesi9085@googlemail.com)
      Steffi and Simone

3 Answers May 24, 2013 at 6:29 PM
    • Fraser island in December

by pabloelgreco Online Now Nov 20, 2011 at 1:12 PM

Hi,
      We are a family with 2 children (7 & 11 years-old) and we plan to go to Fraser in between 19th and 21st Dec this year and we would like to know what would be the best solution: guided tour (which is the best one?) or hire a 4WD (advises welcome)? Is it a right period to visit Fraser as someone told us it wasn't possible at that period? If yes, what would be the spots that we have to see?
      By the way, we are not camping adepts thus any advise for rooms is welcome.
      Thanks in advance for your tips.
      Regards

7 Answers Nov 22, 2011 at 1:49 AM
    • Suggested overnight tours from Brisbane?

by chaelayann Online Now Jun 19, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Hi
      My boyfriend and I are travelling to Australia in October and really want to do a tour of Fraser Island. We will be based in Brisbane and ideally would like to spend one night on Fraser.
      I've spent hours trawling the internet, but many of the tours have mixed reviews - i.e Sunrover.
      Can anyone suggest a tour??

3 Answers Jun 22, 2011 at 9:57 PM
    • Driving from Hook Point to Kingfisher Bay ?

by rosscoo Online Now Apr 15, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Hi all,

i'm heading to Fraser for the first time.

I'm staying at Kingfisher Resort but would like to know it is possible to drive from Hook Point to Kingfisher Bay?

I know a barge goes straight from Hervey Bay to Kingfisher, but i'm interested in driving across the island to check out the sights if that is possible?

I'm just not sure if the beach is driveable all the way up to Eurong (for example) and then possible to cut across on an inland road to Kingfisher?

Any help (and suggested routes) would be very much appreciated!

Cheers.

4 Answers Apr 16, 2010 at 3:44 PM
    • Fraser Island next week - anybody wanna share a 4WD?

by kurkku Online Now Nov 1, 2009 at 2:17 AM

We're two girls thinking of renting a 4WD for a day or two to see the Island. Anybody wanna join so we could share the costs? If we're gonna spend the night we have a tent (but only for 2) and a camping stove.

Please write to kurkku@wp.pl, we're in Gold Coast right now and leaving on tuesday (around 1 pm probably), so please make contact soon:)

Natalie, 26 and Monika, 26

1 Answer Nov 1, 2009 at 2:52 AM
    • PtiteMand's Profile Photo

Guided tours for Fraser Island. What's the best ?

by PtiteMand Online Now Oct 19, 2009 at 1:25 AM

Hello all !

We are planning to go to Fraser at the end of November.
      We are looking for a guided tours (we are under 25, so we can't drive a 4x4 and we prefer travelling with a guided tour in order to avoid problems suggested on this forum... !).
      The problem is that it's quite difficult to choose by internet.
      We would like a 2 or 3 days guided tour, with camping (not resort or hostel) as we think it's part of Fraser' spirit, and if possible with a small group !

Do you have any good ideas ? Or, on the contrary, companies that we should avert ?
      Do you know if it's possible to book a 2 days guided tour, to stay on Fraser on night and one day more by ourselves and the next day, going back with our guided tour ?
      Last but not least question, do you think it's necessary to book anything in advance (end of November) or will it be ok ?

Thanks a lot all for all your reactions !

2 Answers Oct 20, 2009 at 11:18 PM
    • Need 2 or 3 persons for share a 4WD for Fraser Island

by MaxiYann Online Now Jul 29, 2009 at 5:22 AM

Hye,

We’re 2 young guys and we want to go to Fraser Island for cheap, avoiding large groups of 7 persons or more.
      We’d like to camp there and really discover this amazing island without being forced to follow a special itinerary.
      We found a place where we can hire 4 persons 4WD all included (boat, insurance, camping, parking…) for:

3 days:177 per person
      4 days:221 per person

We even can be 5 and pay less.
      It would be for Friday 31st of July, Saturday 1st of August or eventually Sunday 2nd.

Just give us a call and we’ll see if we can fit:

Max: 04 10 55 95 67
      Yannick: 04 10 55 30 62

See you

2 Answers Jul 29, 2009 at 8:16 PM
    • travelpedro's Profile Photo

Fraser Island from Brisbane

by travelpedro Online Now Sep 4, 2008 at 2:37 AM

Hi guys
      I want to get to Fraser Island from Brisbane. The sea plane looks a great option, but seems quite expensive ($600-$700 each)
      Has anyone been on it? is it worth it? are there cheaper / better options available?
      Cheers
      Pete

5 Answers Sep 4, 2008 at 9:08 PM
    • Snakes on Fraser Island?

by snammour Online Now Apr 10, 2008 at 6:48 AM

Does anyone know if there are snakes on the island?

4 Answers Apr 13, 2008 at 8:05 PM
    • tomli0829's Profile Photo

Hostel in Hervey Bay, need urgent help!

by tomli0829 Online Now Feb 18, 2007 at 3:48 AM

Hi , I don't know how to choose among Next Backpackers, Aussie Woodshed and The Friendly Hostel. They all look good! Any advise please? We are a couple, want to book private room with ensuite. This is our first time travelling to Hervey then to L.E. Island, no car so it would be better to stay close to everything. During our stay in Hervey Bay, we want to go fishing as well.

Hope someone can give me ideas.

Many thanks!
      Lisa

1 Answer Feb 18, 2007 at 1:12 PM
    • debbie1573's Profile Photo

Do Cellphones work here?

by debbie1573 Online Now Jul 7, 2006 at 4:45 AM

I haven't heard from my daughter in a week despite sending emails, texts and trying to telephone (her phone goes straight to answer phone). She is backpacking around Australia on her own. The last email I got she said she was going to Fraser Island and I wondered whether there was a problem with signals there. I am now starting to get really worried. She usually texts every day. Any help would be appreciated.

4 Answers Jul 11, 2006 at 9:35 PM
    • 4WD renting

by po2006 Online Now Feb 28, 2006 at 6:53 AM

Hi guys
      could u pls provide me with a good and cheap rental car company in hervey bay?
      thx

3 Answers Mar 13, 2006 at 7:31 PM
    • more info on fraser

by po2006 Online Now Jan 24, 2006 at 5:07 AM

only have 1.5 day there - would prefer to join 1 day tour but would also love to stay overnite and camp, do u know if there is any tour agency willing to let u do so or a tour directly organised once you re on the island ...?
      if agencies are not flexible enough i guess the solution is to rend a 4WD. is it very difficult/to drive it?
      also, whats the main difference between public and private camping?
      thx guys

4 Answers Apr 11, 2006 at 9:12 PM
    • camping in Fraser Island - how to get there

by po2006 Online Now Jan 20, 2006 at 3:48 AM

Hihi
      spending two days in Fraser island, thinking to camp ..would you guys recommed one of the two private campinground there (cathedral /dilli village) or the pubblic one? is there any diff or any of them is good.
      also, we ll be flying to Brisbane ..do u know if there is any coach from the airport which takes to Harvey bay? whats the easiest/quickest way to get to the island ?
      thx

6 Answers Jan 20, 2006 at 3:18 PM
    • timlexus's Profile Photo

Recommend a Quality tour company.

by timlexus Online Now Jan 5, 2006 at 10:55 PM

So i've decided based on your input and from friends that 3 days is a good amount of time to spend on the Island. Now, I'd just like to ensure I spend it with a quality tour company that will make the most out of the experience for me.

Can you all recommend good companys?

Thanks much,
      tim

2 Answers Jan 6, 2006 at 3:18 AM
    • impacked's Profile Photo

another Faiser Island questions??

by impacked Online Now Jun 13, 2004 at 10:07 PM

am getting ready to embark on my first ever all alone trip. All I have read of Fraser Island seems right up my alley. But, everything I've read says camping is the way to go as well as renting a 4x4. I'm not quite up to camping and my Mom will help pay for me to stay that the Kingfisher Hotel where I can do all the day trips. QUESTION IS : Will I be missing out by being in a resort? THANKS A BUNCH

8 Answers Feb 22, 2005 at 8:24 PM
    • mperezba's Profile Photo

Fraser Island from Noosa or Hervey Bay?

by mperezba Online Now Nov 5, 2003 at 4:18 AM

Hello! My name is Maria. I'm a Spaniard living in Germany and I'm fascinated by Australia. My husband and I are planning to visit Fraser Island on Monday, Dec. 15. One day is a short time, but that's all we have, so we want to take good advantage of it. We have several choices and would be very grateful to get some advice. We are not sure if we should rent our own 4WD on the island or instead take an organized day tour. Our second decision to take is if we should depart from Noosa or from Hervey Bay. Noosa has the advantage that we'll be driving less on Sunday, and that we can see Cooloola NP as well. The disadvantage is that we have to spend less time on Fraser Island and the drive to the Island over sand is longer. Hervey Bay as the departing point has the advantage that we can see more of the island (we gain time), but the disadvantage that we'll be missing Sunshine Coast and Cooloola. Tough choice! Maybe you could give us a hint on this... what would be your choice? Is it safe (and inexpensive) enough to rent & ride you own 4WD vehicle on the island? Are Noosa and Cooloola worth it? Would you take an organized day trip to ensure getting information about sites, fauna & flora? Would it be enough to get a good grip of what the island is about and enjoy the day to visit the lower part of the island, including Central Station & Lake McKenzie (not getting further than Happy Valley) or would you recommend to make it to Eli Creek as well? Many questions! I'll be very grateful if you could provide us some insights on this! Thank you sooo much!! Maria

4 Answers Dec 6, 2003 at 3:51 PM