Frankfurt Travel Answers

change location
travelgirlga's Profile Photo

Flying into the airport and have an overnite...

by travelgirlga Online Now Jul 28, 2006 at 6:35 AM

Hi,

I'm flying into the Frankfurst airport and have an overnite. I am not sure which Frankfurt this would apply to but, I would like to stay fairly close to the airport. I would also like to explore a bit of the city, have dinner, and a nice German beer! Any suggestions for hotel, restaurants, activities, etc...? I would truly appreciate it! Thanks!

Stephanie

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • abalada's Profile Photo

RE: Flying into the airport and have an overnite...

by abalada Online Now Jul 28, 2006 at 2:45 PM

Frankfurt International Airport (FRA)? Not Hahn?

It's only 10-15 min by S-Bahn to the city centre. Thus no need to stay close to the airport.

frankfurt-tourismus.de/cms/t...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • PaulKirk's Profile Photo

RE: Flying into the airport and have an overnite...

by PaulKirk Online Now Jul 28, 2006 at 11:41 PM

You should fly into the main Flughaven from N America so the S-bahn will take about 20 minutes to reach the centre. It starts early in the morning and runs late so don't worry about the time unless it's say 3am! I'v only visited Frankfurt briefly but reccomend trying the local Apfelwein which is their type of cider. There's plenty of bars, restaurants and hotels to suit your needs. As for the local beer all you can do is try it and find one you like. I remember one called Binding which was pretty desperate but then I prefer "big beers" rather than little fluted glasses with doylies round the bottom. The World Cup probably helped promote Weiss beer from Bavaria. Try one of those but The Apfelwein is really the stuff to try as the real local traditional drink. There's a lot of info on the Frankfkfurt VT site.

• t_maia's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Flying into the airport and have an overnite...

by t_maia Online Now Jul 31, 2006 at 10:43 AM

I can recommend the HI Youth Hostel in Frankfurt at Deutschherrnufer 12. It is a big hostel with lots of people coming and going with the charm of a hospital, but Frankfurt is very expensive. (It isn't called Mainhattan for nothing.) The HI Youth Hostel is the cheapest and least complicated option.

Their email to reserve a bed: jugendherberge-frankfurt@t-online.de
    Prices start at 16,50 EUR including breakfast; if you are over 27 it is a 4,50 EUR surcharge. They offer cheap and tasty dinner too.

The Frankfurter Römer (the central and most touristic place) is nearby. Have a look.

• travelgirlga's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Flying into the airport and have an overnite...

by travelgirlga Online Now Jul 31, 2006 at 5:44 PM

Thank you! I'll check into that. I appreciate your help!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines