Frankfurt

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travel to London by train

by jayvini Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Hi I would like to travel to London by train from Frankfurt, please recommend which train service do I've to take?

How much time do I've to reach at the station on both sides to clear immigration?

Thanks,

more
    • Travel to London by train

by jayvini Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Hi I would like to travel to London by train from Frankfurt, please recommend which train service do I've to take?

How much time do I've to reach at the station on both sides to clear immigration?

Thanks,

7 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 11:16 PM
    • Weekend trip

by walcotcrooks Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 1:13 AM

Hi we have a long weekend (Late Friday to Monday afternoon) with a car in Frankfurt and are looking for a recommendation for a scenic circular drive where we can stop on the route in 1 or 2 palaces. Previously we have been south to Baden Baden / Strasbourg. Any suggestions appreciated.

4 Answers Jul 3, 2014 at 12:49 AM
    • Frankfurt Airport to Frankfurt City day trip

by jamiekyt2208 Online Now Mar 9, 2014 at 7:07 AM

Hi, i'm landing Frankfurt Int Airport Terminal 1 in the morning 6.30am and transit to Edinburgh at 4pm. I will have 10 hours to spend and i'm planning to go to frankfurt city centre for a day trip.

Understand there is train going to city centre. Where can i get the return ticket from Terminal 1 and how much it cost. As i need to catch my next flight at 4pm, what is the distance and time required to catch the train back to Terminal 1 ?

Thanks in advance for help.

Cheers,
      Jamieanne.

1 Answer Mar 9, 2014 at 8:02 AM
    • Hotel near show grounds or with shuttle bus to show grounds

by lfc Online Now Feb 8, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Hi Folks
      Going to Frankfurt on the 11th March for a exhibition in the fair grounds can any recommend hotel near fair grounds or with a shuttle bus to fair grounds.
      Also appreciate any restaurant recommendations
      Thanks

3 Answers Feb 8, 2013 at 1:15 PM
    • Frankfurt Int Airport Tr2 to Tr 1

by paroovijay Online Now Jul 19, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I will land at Frankfurt Terminal 2 at 0640 hrs (by MH-6, pass thru immigration, collect baggage, pass thru customs & have to catch 1040 flight to Vienna from Terminal 1 (OS 122).
      is this time sufficient? How fat are terminal 1 & Terminal 2 & how to go from Tr 2 to Tr 1?

4 Answers Jul 19, 2012 at 2:23 PM
    • christmas market

by daisysmom2 Online Now Jun 19, 2012 at 1:08 AM

2 of us want to go for a 4 day trip to Frankfurts Christmas market from England. Where is a cheap hotel within a 15 min walk? How do we get there from airport? We don't speak German. Thank you.

3 Answers Jun 19, 2012 at 10:49 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Public Sector strikes at FRA

by SandiM Online Now Mar 26, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Ok I just heard that there was a public sector strike throughout Germany today and FRA got affected by this (Air Canada just listed the alert). Does this happen a lot?? I'm plannin to fly out of Canada on April 1 to FRA and then to SZG (same day) and I am VERY concerned on how long these strikes go on for or if they are random and for a few hours etc etc? Anybody got news on this? I wonder if my flight will be affected....

11 Answers Apr 1, 2012 at 10:23 AM
    • Frankfurt Airport

by TaliaP Online Now Sep 25, 2011 at 1:34 AM

Hi!

I'm traveling to Europe from Australia in about two months and on the way back I'm flying from London to Phuket via Frankfurt. My flight from London is a Lufthansa flight that arrives in Frankfurt at 12.35pm. I am then flying with Condor from Frankfurt to Phuket on a flight that departs at 3.30pm. My question is in two parts;

a) will I have to clear customs and immigration and collect my bags etc and then recheck in for the Condor flight or am I able to remain in transit?

and b) if I can't remain in transit, is 3 hours enough time or would I be better off trying to get on an earlier flight to Frankfurt?

Thank you in advance for all your words of wisdom, I've never travelled to Europe before so I'm a little bit nervous about getting it all right!

Cheers, TaliaP :D

7 Answers Sep 27, 2011 at 7:52 AM
    • take a approperiate hotel

by farhadk Online Now Sep 13, 2011 at 9:51 AM

I want to stay in frankfort 3 nights. i want take a hotel in citycenter and close to shopcenter and attraxtive places.i wanna walking from hotel to metro station,shopcenter streets,musum and others..
      please tell me in which strret i should take a hotel or which hotel is good for tourists like me that wanna close to city.
      thank you

14 Answers Sep 19, 2011 at 11:47 AM
    • what to do on arriving in Frankfurt in the evening??

by ritanu Online Now Sep 7, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Dear friends

I arrive at Frankfurt at 6 pm on 19 sep and leave by 10 AM for Prague. I can not imagine spending the evening staying in the hotel and miss the city.

Could you please advise me what to see?

Thank you

• Help!!!

by nengcefre Online Now Aug 8, 2011 at 3:26 AM

I am traveling to frankfurt at the end of this month for a 4 day mini vacation. Is there a castle or famous tourist attraction nearby? How much is the fair and how to get there. I'm really excited but scared because im traveling alone. Is heidelberg near? Please help!!!

13 Answers Aug 9, 2011 at 2:28 AM
    • Frankfurt to Zurich

by libra110 Online Now Jul 23, 2011 at 3:16 AM

Hello everyone, i will be in Frankfurt in October 2011, I am planing to visit
      Zurich for couple of days , please advice what is the best way of traveling from frankfurth to zurich by air or by train, if by train please suggest suitable trains etc

6 Answers Jul 25, 2011 at 1:52 AM
    • Have limited spare time in Frankfurt

by connode Online Now Mar 9, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Hi,
      I will be travelling to Frankfurt business trips over the next couple months to Frankfurt but will not have a whole lot of time to tour. Any suggestions on a nice and or interesting places to eat and/or have a few drinks that are not too far?
      Thank you.

4 Answers Mar 13, 2011 at 2:59 PM
    • susanzh's Profile Photo

Need advise: see different cities/places near Frankfurt (2days)

by susanzh Online Now Mar 6, 2011 at 2:32 AM

I'll travel to Frankfurt for business the following week. I'll have two spare days on Mar 21-22 (Mon & Tue). My plan is to base in Frankfurt and DB or even buses to travel around Frankfurt to explore more places to see. I've been to Freiburg and Heidelburg during my last visit, and I've been to the Schloss Neuschwanstein too. That was amazing experiences for me.

During this trip, I'd like to do the similar thing again, and explore more fantastic destinations in Germany.

Can someone give me any advise?

7 Answers Mar 8, 2011 at 9:08 PM
    • Family Apartment

by EddyB Online Now Feb 3, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Hi All. Me and 1.5 year old and my parents (all together 3 adults / 1 baby) will be in Frankfurt 7 June 2011 and are looking for a budget apartment - one or two bedrooms - that can accommodate us all - 4 nights total. Any suggestions? Would also consider a good budget hotel or hostel
      Cheers Eddy B

3 Answers Feb 20, 2011 at 3:59 PM
    • Football Tickets

by 10pele Online Now Jan 26, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Hi Frankfurt ,
      I am hoping someone can help me , my friends and myself will be in Frankfurt on the weekend 22 / 25 of April 2011 ,and we would like to go to the Football Game between Eintracht and Bayern , we do know tickets will be be difficult to come across , so can anyone help me.
      Can anyone get me 6 tickets for sitting down togeather , we will pay you good money for them . We can agree a price and take it from there .
      Or can anyone give me any imformation about how I may be able to get some tickets or where can I buy some tickets from .
      Hope You Can Help Me , A Football Lover .

• heidstar's Profile Photo

getting by bus from rudesheim to mainz hilton hotel!!!

by heidstar Online Now Jan 4, 2011 at 1:42 AM

Thanks for everyone who helped me with my last forum .christmas dinner in mainz....It all worked out perfectly!!!

My next question is..i am going to mainz again staying at the hilton.Decided to do a day trip to koblenz by train and on my return get off in rudesheim for a little look around.Is there a bus i can take from rudesheim that goes directly opposite the mainz hilton hotel or close enough!!!

1 Answer Jan 4, 2011 at 2:37 AM
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

christmas dinner in mainz?

by heidstar Online Now Nov 12, 2010 at 12:14 AM

arrive xmas morning staying in mainz hilton hotel.Does the trains run on xmas day?does anyone know a place 4 of us could book for christmas dinner on christmas night in mainz or if trains are running somewhere close as mainz hilton restaurant fully booked out!

Any suggestions or websites most appreciated
      thanks heidstar

11 Answers Sep 24, 2011 at 5:03 AM
    • I Need Must See Suggestions in Frankfurt

by rgibbons2108 Online Now Aug 20, 2010 at 7:00 PM

I land at the Frankfurt airport on a Monday afternoon at 3:10 PM and leave the next morning at 10:30 AM. I'll be staying overnight at a hostel across the street from the central train station. So...what to do for the afternoon and evening? So little time, what to do? What do you think is the best way to spend that short time. Thanks.

3 Answers Aug 21, 2010 at 1:02 AM
    • hello to all...

by carldavid Online Now Aug 4, 2010 at 3:47 AM

Warmest greetings to all...

I am from Asia and i have a business trip in Europe on August 15, 2010. Can anybody help me to find some options and actual opinion on your experiences for my travel plan? Thank you very much in advance and your opinions, suggestions and guidelines are highly appreciated.

Here´s the scenario;(¨,)

I´ll be sending by the co. to Frankfurt on Aug. 15 to 18 for seminars and some buss. matter. And i want to take this opportunity to travel and tour in Europe. I have a 5 days (Aug.22-27) booking tour reservation at TopDeckTravel which i only browse on the website. So below are some of my question and need your opinions;

1. It is advisable to stay in Frankfurt for 3 days after my business appointment and waiting for my tour? if Yes, what are the Things to Do and exciting places Frankfurt.
      2. What are the budget airlines from Frankfurt to Rome? Is the Ciampino Airport is near at the center or in St Peter Square? What are the budget hotel or recommendable in that area. Is there anymore Things to Do aside from roaming around at St. Peter Square?
      3. I end up my tour at Paris on Aug.29, is it possible to take train back to Frankfurt. How long it will take? ? ?

Again, thank you very much and my apology for my autobiography inquiries.

Best regards to all... GodBless

6 Answers Aug 6, 2010 at 5:03 AM
    • Care Rental at Frankfurt Airport

by raduvaleriu Online Now Jun 7, 2010 at 9:25 AM

Hello

I'll be in Frankfurt for 3 days at the end of June and I want to rent a car for this period, preferably from the airport.

Which company do u thinks is best? Avis? Sixt? or another company? as there are some scary stories running on the net about mishaps with car rental companies.

Also, I'll have to make a one day round-trip to Lumxembourg. Is it ok to go with the rented car? as both countries are EU members and in the Schengen Zone.

Thank you

8 Answers Jun 19, 2010 at 12:00 AM
    • Travel to Prague

by conveyancing Online Now May 28, 2010 at 9:41 PM

I was just wondering whether there is a direct train from Frankfurt to Prague. I checked DB BAHN website and they refer to the ICE train and Bus.
      Does this mean we have to get off the train and hop onto a bus and where will this change happen. We will have a large bag each (20 kg) and wonder whether we will be able to drag these bags onto the bus.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 Answers May 29, 2010 at 4:11 PM
    • Travel from Frankfurt to Prague

by conveyancing Online Now May 23, 2010 at 4:48 AM

Hello, my sister and I will flying to Frankfurt from Australia in early October. We need to get to Prague. Any information on flights or trains would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

8 Answers May 24, 2010 at 1:45 AM
    • Somewhere to leave my bag

by mrbimble Online Now Apr 25, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Hi, I am planning on going to nature 1 this july/august but I am planning to go inter railing straight afterwards. Is there anywhere I could leave my backpack for the weekend where it will be safe?

2 Answers May 8, 2010 at 12:41 PM
    • Anastasia73's Profile Photo

Train Frankfurt - Brussels

by Anastasia73 Online Now Mar 26, 2010 at 4:19 AM

I would be arriving in Frankfurt airport 28 March at 14.10 and need to go to Brussels. I am looking for fast international direct train Frankfurt - Brussels. Any information would be appreciated!

6 Answers Mar 26, 2010 at 5:31 PM
    • Capisco's Profile Photo

Frankurt to Paris

by Capisco Online Now Mar 23, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Can any one tell me the possibility of getting a train from Frankfurt to Paris also how many hours would it be ?
      IF i take the train from Munich is it better or from Frankfurt?
      Thanks

7 Answers Mar 24, 2010 at 11:58 PM
    • chinese stores

by chithra Online Now Feb 1, 2010 at 12:18 AM

i am new to frankfurt,
      i wanted to know if there is any chinese clothes (baby) stores in zeil or near by
      n also wanted to know the detailed adress (to catch which train n all) of the saturday flea market
      and also suggest me some of the good shopping mals
      thank u.....

1 Answer Feb 1, 2010 at 1:45 AM
    • How to get to Stuttgart from Frankfurt?

by alexlakeman Online Now Nov 25, 2009 at 6:44 PM

I am going to be in Frankfurt for about 12 hours this wknd and would like to visit the Porsche museum in Stuttgart. I heard there is an ICE train that travels there from the frankfurt a/p.... Any ideas?

An alternative would be to rent a car... but not sure how expensive that is, or I might be a little intimidated by driving in those fast highways, lol

tks

3 Answers Nov 26, 2009 at 4:44 AM
    • couple days in Frankfurt - what to do...

by alexlakeman Online Now Nov 10, 2009 at 1:02 PM

I am going to be in Frankfurt a couple days only in Dec and was wondering if anyone is familiar with the area. I'd like to go to the Porsche museum, but that might be too far, have to check. Any tourist attractions, etc that I should put on my list to see / do? If it's car related the much / much / much better ..

I am not sure if Frankfurt even has any touristie areas .. A couple of the hotels I saw where in the financial district...

tks

12 Answers Nov 22, 2009 at 6:21 PM
    • Hotels to recommend - nearby Frankfurt MAIN train station

by Frenchpromo Online Now Sep 22, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Hi all,

I will be staying in Frankfurt for a night. I need a reasonable price and comfortable hotel around the Frankfurt MAIN train station. What are the recommended hotels nearby to the train station?

Many thanks!

5 Answers Sep 27, 2009 at 11:56 PM