France Travel Answers

change location

PURCHASE OF TRAIN TICKETS FROM NICE TO PARIS

by PINKY54 Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I am located in India and wish to travel between Nice and Paris by train. Please guide me on the following:-
1. Which is the internet site to buy the cheapest day train ticket.
2. I do not wish to undergo the hassle of having the ticket delivered to me. Will I be able to print the internet ticket on my home computer in advance.
3. How many months early can I purchase the ticket.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • riorich55's Profile Photo

Re: PURCHASE OF TRAIN TICKETS FROM NICE TO PARIS

by riorich55 Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Here is the website for SNCF. We used this website to purchase tickets and print tickets at home for our journey between Paris and Bern, Switzerland.

http://www.sncf.com/en/passengers

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: PURCHASE OF TRAIN TICKETS FROM NICE TO PARIS

by micolett Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 10:05 PM

TGV-Europe.com and idtgv.com are other options. But avoid been bumped to Raileurope.com, unless there are special prices (worth investigating all sites)
    90 days in advance is the time limit to book tickets. The earlier, the cheaper of course.
    You may encounter some problems with credit card payment: change "country of residence" for Canada for instance, if it doesn't work. There may also be a limit in your payment (over 150€ sometimes). You can have to try with different credit cards, too, and receive a "verified by Visa" message, meaning your bank will immediately phone/email you a special password to allow the transaction.

If you can get e-tickets (from idtgv.com), just print them and don't forget to bring your passport along (need ID when boarding trains).

Choose "pick up at automat" only if you have the (chipped) card used for booking and don't forget the file number that was emailed to you. There may be trouble with cards...

Safer option is "pick up at station", at a manned window, with card used for purchase, file number, everything...You can do that in any station, any day before your trip, to avoid queues and hassles before departure.

• gwened's Profile Photo

Re: PURCHASE OF TRAIN TICKETS FROM NICE TO PARIS

by gwened Online Now Feb 12, 2013 at 12:44 PM

check trains here in French but fairly easy, tell the site you will pickup tickets at train station
    www.voyages-sncf.com
    go to trains
    you can print the ticket too just tell the site you are in France.
    you can buy 90 days in advance, only on needed TGV section,the local trains TER ,Intercités, and others do not require advance purchase.

hope it helps

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular France Travel Answer Locations