France Travel Answers

change location
alectrevor's Profile Photo

Transport news

by alectrevor Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Any news on French trains strikes during the next fortnight. Thanks for info.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • shrimp56's Profile Photo

Re: Transport news

by shrimp56 Online Now Jan 23, 2013 at 10:54 AM

OK. In my search on French Google nothing current is coming up for SNCF or SNCF Translien in the immediate future. The last one I found mentioned was for Dec 31-Jan. 1.In my experience and mine only, the strikes tend to be in Oct, Nov, Dec, unless there is some big contract issue. Also they are usually only announced a few days to a week ahead of time. It is always possible to run into a last minute one. Or even just the stoppage of one metro line or denying the RER/metro connection at Gare du Nord. For the current situation I use ratp.fr/informer/trafic/traf...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Jan 24, 2013 at 2:30 AM

from the local nothing to report at this time. althought it will be very cold -7C to zero in next five days. And many parts of France too. be prepare.

For the trains in the Paris region or Ile de France, the site is Transilien,and in English have all the works delays etc happennings
    transilien.com/trafic/etattr...

The RATP is for metro,RER, Tramways, and provide the same info for them.

hope it helps

• cubsur's Profile Photo

by cubsur Online Now Jan 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM

There were one day strikes affecting regional trains earlier in the month in both Aquitaine and Midi-Pyrenées.

If you are planning to travel within the various regions (as opposed to long distance TGV or Intercités trains) the best place to check is the regional railway website through www.ter-sncf.com

The information here is only given in French.

Of more import perhaps is the temporary closure of a lot of lines as a result of improvement and modernisation work. In some instances, replacement bus transport is not provided and trains simply don't run.

For long distance trains this information appears at www.voyages-sncf.com and for regional networks on the websites via the page above.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular France Travel Answer Locations