Foz do Iguaçu

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Getting there from Campo Grande

by elycebehr Online Now Apr 17, 2014 at 6:26 AM

Just wondering what is the quickest and easiest way to get to Foz do Iguacu from Campo Grande Matto Grosso do Sul in Brazil. It all seems very complicated.

If someone has a simple-ish solution could you please let me know.

Thanks

more
    • Two days in Argentina

by hannahDingley Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 3:40 AM

I am travelling to see the falls in June. I would like to spend 2 days exploring the Argentina side and a day and a half on the Brazilian side. I am flying into Foz do Iguacu. Would you recommend I stay in Brazil and travel to Argentina each day. Or should I stay in Argentina overnight?

more
    • Currency exchange at the Crossover

by joestode Online Now Mar 27, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Is there an exchange at the border after you enter Argentina? After seeing the Brazilian National Park, we are heading for the Argentina National Park and the Sheraton. We'll need pesos to pay to get into the park.

more
    • Getting there from Campo Grande

by elycebehr Online Now Apr 17, 2014 at 6:26 AM

Just wondering what is the quickest and easiest way to get to Foz do Iguacu from Campo Grande Matto Grosso do Sul in Brazil. It all seems very complicated.

If someone has a simple-ish solution could you please let me know.

Thanks

2 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 8:53 AM
    • Two days in Argentina

by hannahDingley Online Now Mar 31, 2014 at 3:40 AM

I am travelling to see the falls in June. I would like to spend 2 days exploring the Argentina side and a day and a half on the Brazilian side. I am flying into Foz do Iguacu. Would you recommend I stay in Brazil and travel to Argentina each day. Or should I stay in Argentina overnight?

3 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 8:40 AM
    • Currency exchange at the Crossover

by joestode Online Now Mar 27, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Is there an exchange at the border after you enter Argentina? After seeing the Brazilian National Park, we are heading for the Argentina National Park and the Sheraton. We'll need pesos to pay to get into the park.

3 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 8:35 AM
    • Do Canadians need a visa

by Melzinha011 Online Now Mar 10, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Do Canadians with a Brazilian visa need an Argentinian visa or pay a fee to stay overnight on the Argentinian side of the falls?

8 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 3:52 PM
    • bus station location

by clanbyrne Online Now Feb 3, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Are there 2 bus stations in Foz do Iguacu? We plan to travel by bus to both the Brazilian and Argentinian falls, the Itaipu dam, and the tres fronteiras markers in Brazil and Argentina. Do all these depart from the same place.? We are staying on Cataratas avenue. Thanks for any advice our trip is very soon.

3 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 12:25 AM
    • foz de Iguacu to Argentina falls

by clanbyrne Online Now Jan 8, 2014 at 9:35 AM

We will be staying at the Dom Pedro on cataratas road. Do we need to go into Foz centro and then Puerto Iguazu centro to get the el practico bus to the Argentine falls.or is there a website that shows the bus routes and pick up stops? I recall reading somewhere that you could get on to the Argentina bus along the route but I cannot find the information again. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 10:52 AM
    • group of 6 transportation

by clanbyrne Online Now Jan 3, 2014 at 2:00 PM

are there taxis from Foz de Iguacu airport large enough for 6 adults with baggage? thanks

2 Answers Jan 3, 2014 at 4:11 PM
    • One or Two Hotels in Iguazu?

by jkornblit Online Now Dec 29, 2013 at 5:55 PM

We'd like to see both the Brazilian and Argentinian sides and plan to spend two nights at the falls. Would we need to spend one night on each side or is it possible to stay on the Brazilian side for two nights and simply go back and forth for the day. Any advice is appreciated!

10 Answers Dec 31, 2013 at 3:20 AM
    • Money conversion

by sumitd Online Now Dec 28, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Which bank will convert US dollars to Brazilian real in foz do iguacu?

8 Answers Dec 29, 2013 at 9:00 AM
    • Buying Bus tickets from Foz do Iguacu to Puerto Iguazú

by irisdekruif Online Now Dec 9, 2013 at 11:35 AM

My question is: Is it possible too get a bus ticket from Foz do Iguacu (Brazil) to Puerto Iguazú (Argentina) online, forwards my traveling? So I can take this bus ticket as a proof of leaving Brazil at the duane when I enter Brazil? If yes, do you recommend a website? If not, is there an other option for buying a bus ticket from Brazil into Argentina online?

3 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 2:21 PM
    • Gringos with Brazil visa wants to go into Argentina for a day

by ryusrdragon Online Now Jul 6, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Do we need to pay for a visa to get into argetnina for a day if were american

13 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 4:54 PM
    • airport to hotel = Foz do Iguacu(IGU) airport to Best Western Taroba &Eventos

by smortimer Online Now Jun 30, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Will be arriving at 2317 and am on a short visit to the Iguacu Falls Am trying to organise a transfer from the airport to the hotel and wondering what the best/cheapest way would be at this time of night?

10 Answers Jul 2, 2013 at 8:21 PM
    • Argentine Visa for one day trip for iguasu falls from brazil..

by ShintaLimawan Online Now Jun 10, 2013 at 3:40 AM

Hi.. I need help.. I'm Indonesian Paspport holder.. we'll go to iguassu on end of july 2013 for 3 days... we have obtained brazilian visa... We'll stay in hostel, near parana brazil area... Do we need to apply for the argentine visa, if we only visit for one day trip...?? Please help... because i dont know how to figure out... many thanks

4 Answers Jun 11, 2013 at 7:49 PM
    • Unique82's Profile Photo

Foz do iguacu to Montevideo Bus

by Unique82 Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows if their is a bus from Foz do Iguacu to Montevideo uruguay? If so how much is it and how many hours? Thanks.

3 Answers Feb 6, 2013 at 6:01 AM
    • travelling to foz last minute...all suggestions welcome...thank you

by cassi88 Online Now Feb 9, 2012 at 10:36 PM

hi
      i will be arriving in foz (igu) for a couple days... i am hoping for any suggestions on safe places to stay (single female traveler), as well as how much it costs to travel from brasil side to argentina side, how long it takes to pay for reciprocity fee for us citizen for entry in argentina (i have brasil visa already) and suggestions on tours... i read there is horse back riding to the falls, is this safe? is it worth what ever price it is? where is the best place to look for tours? is there a fee or a waiver of visa for entry to paraguay? i am hoping for a relaxing/safe/clean/easy/falls filled stay... any information is greatly appreciated.

6 Answers Feb 11, 2012 at 4:47 AM
    • Getting to and from Foz

by socheid Online Now Jan 27, 2012 at 7:11 AM

Hi all,

I am planning to head to see the falls either tomorrow or Sunday from Asuncion. Can anyone advise with the following please?

1) Info on getting to Foz from Asuncion by bus? According to my guidebook it takes 5 hours. Any recommended tips on making that journey? I prefer to avoid overnight bus travel if possible.

2) Any recommendations on where to stay when I get there? Somewhere mid ranged is fine, ideally no more than 80 usd.

3) Whats the best means of getting from there to either of Buenos Aires or Montevideo? I am ware there´s a daily flight from Asuncion to Buenos Aires but if there is a direct flight to BA or Montevideo that doesnt cost the earth then I'd be delighted to consider it.

Any help is much appreciated.

9 Answers Jan 29, 2012 at 7:03 PM
    • Best location to stay (not hotel)

by tuynesn Online Now May 30, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Hi

I will be spending two nights (but only 1 1/2 days) in Iguassu Falls in December and am wondering whether I should stay on the Brazillian sie or the Argentinian side? I am flying to Iguassu from Rio and out of Iguassu to Buenos Aires? Does this make any difference? If I get up early will I have time to have a look Brazil side then on to Argentianian side and time to go to Devils throat? Also looking for recommended cheap clean accommodation (no more han US100)per night.

Thanks
      tuynesn

7 Answers Dec 19, 2012 at 11:43 AM
    • How to get to Sao Paolo to Iguazu Falls

by ci3ca Online Now May 27, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Dear all,
      I'm planning to go tho Sao Paolo by the end of August. I'd like to visit Iguazu Falls on August 22-23. Can you recommend the itinerary ? Recommended 3 star hotel? Or can you give recommendations on grup tours (not expensive the expensive one) ? Thank you

3 Answers May 30, 2011 at 6:24 AM
    • easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Brazil Side of the Falls into Ciudad del Este for the day

by easterntrekker Online Now Aug 19, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Just wondering if anyone has done this trip lately . I am hoping to hire a taxi and have hime wait. Do you need a visa for a day trip ? I am a Canadian. I appreciate hearing about your experiences.
      Thanks

12 Answers Oct 28, 2010 at 9:51 AM
    • Border crossing

by mob325 Online Now Aug 19, 2010 at 12:22 PM

I will be in the falls Argentia side for a day and want to cross over to Brazil side for a day and then leave from airport to rio de janiero, will I be able to cross border with a visa for brazil and will it take long ?Also will I need a taxi and any idea of cost to cross over/?

2 Answers Aug 19, 2010 at 2:51 PM
    • santanesia's Profile Photo

Going next week after 22 yrs, Hotel idea is needed. Cataratas $350 a nigth...

by santanesia Online Now Jun 4, 2010 at 7:12 AM

Thank you all your answer to the other questions that I have been reading for a couple days. Great tips.
      I would like to stay at the mentioned hotel but the price is almost prohibitive for me .We are going to stay 3 nigths arriving at 1:30am in the first one.
      I know that is just Sheraton and Cataratas but does anyone know another choice that would be in Av Cataratas where we would be able to see some trees in the morning ? I read about San Martin and Carima( would like to stay there but got very bad reviews).
      Because we just have 2 full days , I thougth if we stay near the 'fork'we could go easyly to both side of the falls in one day and see any decorations for the Soccer Word Cup in Argentina and Paraguai strees if possible.
      I'm from Brazil but have been living in US for 20yrs and want to take but hubby there who was born in a city next to Niagara Falls.
      We are thinking about renting a car just to be more functional and flexible, but still wondering. I understand that the public trasportationis very reliable but would like a little more freedom.
      Can we go from Port iguassu to Paraguay by car without going back to Foz?
      Thank you
      Maria

6 Answers Jun 28, 2010 at 9:24 PM
    • rentedcow's Profile Photo

Taxi or Bus to the falls

by rentedcow Online Now May 22, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Hello All!

We are staying downtown, and our hotel will reserve a round trip taxi for a fixed price of120 Real for us.

Is that the current price? Or is the hotel taking a kickback?

Thanks

5 Answers May 27, 2010 at 5:12 PM
    • Should I Rent A Car?

by schnarff Online Now May 7, 2010 at 9:25 AM

My wife and I are going to be staying at the Sheraton Iguazu on the Argentine side of the falls next week (within the actual park, not downtown). We're flying into the Foz do Iguacu airport, and had initially just planned to take a taxi ride to and from the hotel. However, I've heard it suggested that people staying at the Sheraton often rent a car, because of its relatively remote location, and the fact that the public transit from downtown shuts down around 8:00 p.m.

Is it worthwhile to rent a car down there, or would it be a waste of money? It'd be about188 for the time we're there, which isn't bad once you account for the money we'd save in taxis to and from the airport; my main concern is whether we'd be likely to actually use the car beyond that time.

3 Answers May 7, 2010 at 2:31 PM
    • glabah's Profile Photo

Is Oficina de Sorvette still open?

by glabah Online Now May 5, 2010 at 1:45 PM

This is one of the best ice cream shops I have ever been in...but that was a few years ago. Is it still open?

1 Answer May 16, 2010 at 7:35 PM
    • Can someone recommend a cheap hostel in Foz do Iguacu, and how much money and time is needed to...

by lizfairy Online Now Jan 20, 2010 at 11:43 AM

see both sides of the falls?

3 Answers Jan 23, 2010 at 2:34 PM
    • robine's Profile Photo

Hotels?

by robine Online Now Nov 25, 2009 at 12:36 PM

We'll be taking my 89-year-old (but fit) mother for a brief (2 night) trip to the Falls early in the New Year. I'd be grateful for your hotel recommendations, and any other tips. Many thanks, Robin

6 Answers Nov 26, 2009 at 12:01 PM
    • Trigger12's Profile Photo

Bus from Florianopolis to Foz do Iguacu

by Trigger12 Online Now Nov 25, 2009 at 7:05 AM

Hi there,

soon we ´ll go to Brasil and therefore we need to know how much is a bus between Florianopolis to Foz do Iguacu. And how much hours does it take? Is there a homepage i could look?

Thanks

Rebecca

4 Answers Jan 17, 2010 at 3:14 PM
    • Campo Grande to Foz do Iguacu

by dracobr Online Now Aug 21, 2009 at 6:55 PM

Hi!

Any idea how to go from Campo Grande to Foz do Iguacu? I´d like to travel on suface and stop once or twice on the way. Is there any place worth a visit?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

2 Answers Aug 22, 2009 at 4:23 AM
    • Bus from Iguazu to Bontito via Campo Grande

by SSASHoneymoon Online Now Jan 13, 2009 at 2:39 PM

My husband and I will be going to brazil in feb and we would like to find out the best way to do see Bonito from iguazu. We are looking to take the bus from iguazu to campo grande and then another to Bonito. Can you please send me some information on bus line information, schedule and the cost?
      Thanks

2 Answers Jan 19, 2009 at 7:25 AM
    • bus Foz do Iguaçú > Alegrete (RS)

by Rinette Online Now Sep 22, 2008 at 4:33 AM

Anyone knows how to get from Foz to Alegrete? Probably there is no direct bus, but what maior city should I go to to catch a bus to Alegrete? And what bus company does this route? I have sought a lot on the internet, but without any results.

Thanks a lot!
      Rinette

6 Answers Sep 22, 2008 at 11:57 AM