Foz do Iguaçu Travel Answers

change location
Bearzy's Profile Photo

Visiting Paraguay

by Bearzy Online Now Jun 5, 2007 at 1:41 AM

Hi VT´ers.

Im visting Puerto Iguazu for one day in September and then crossing over to Foz for one night from where I have a flight to Rio de Janeiro. Since I really like to visit Paraguay then I was wondering wether it would be better to cross over from the Argentina-side or the Brazilian-side?

I hope you dont mind that I posted the same question on the Puerto Iguazu-forum.

Með fyrirfram þökk fyrir hjálpina :)
Bearzy.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • BlueLlama's Profile Photo

Re: Visiting Paraguay

by BlueLlama Online Now Jun 5, 2007 at 8:17 AM

I visited Ciudad del Este from the Brazilian side. No problems at all. A taxi driver from my hotel drove me to the border, walked over with me and waited while I went in the various duty-free shops that are the only attractions in that particular town!

We didn't even stop at passport control as he said it was unnecessary and I had a Brazilian ID card at the time. It looked to be hassle-free though.

Ciudad del Este isn't very lovely but it is worth going to see a South American city that is quite different from those in Brazil and Argentina and it's a very quick visit.

Bee

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Lady_Disdain's Profile Photo

Re: Visiting Paraguay

by Lady_Disdain Online Now Jun 6, 2007 at 12:01 PM

If you cross over, be sure to visit the San Ignacio Mini mission - it is probably the best day trip you can make in Paraguay.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines