Foz do Iguaçu Travel Answers

change location

From Foz to Puerto Iguazu

by the_land_of_awes Online Now Apr 29, 2007 at 8:49 PM

A few questions:

What is the best way to get from Foz do Iguacu to Puerto Iguazu? By bus or Taxi and about how much was the trip?

How long is the trip between the two cities?

I have read about the difference between both the Argentine and Brazilian sides of the falls and plan to spend the bulk of my time on the Argentine side. However, I was wondering how much time I should spend on the Brazilian side. I will have a Brazilian passport so there is no problem there. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: From Foz to Puerto Iguazu

by adra Online Now Sep 11, 2007 at 11:33 AM

We saw the falls a few weeks ago and it was great. I agree with the above post, taking a bus between the cities is fine, and only takes about 50 minutes. We were staying on the Brazilian side (also agree that Hotel del Rey was good value) and our Lonely Planet book said that getting to the Argentinian side and back in one day would be really difficult and time consuming due to the border crossing - coudln t be further from the truth. Get on bus at Foz bus depot (nice english-speaking lady at the tourist office at the bus depot tells you where), bus stops at border, get off and have passport stamped while bus waits, bus takes you to bus depot in the town on the Argentinian side.

Half a day is enough to see the Brazilian side if you just walk the path at a reasonable pace. Ejoy!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines