Foz do Iguaçu Travel Answers

change location

Bus tickets in advance???

by irmaazul Online Now Mar 26, 2007 at 11:55 AM

Hi, Sadly we don't have much time on our trip and must stick to planned dates, so I was wondering if anyone knew of a website where I can buy my tickets from Curitiba to Foz do Iguacu in advance and tickets from Foz do Iguacu to Campo Grande too. I saw Catarinense (running a Curitiba-Foz do Iguacu route) has an online buying area, but it is only for Brazilian nationals. And Eucatur (running the Foz do Iguacu-Campo Grande route) doesn't offer online purchases.

We really don't want to miss the buses we need to be on to keep the itinerary. Any suggestions???

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Worldtraveler's Profile Photo

Re: Bus tickets in advance???

by Worldtraveler Online Now Mar 26, 2007 at 1:31 PM

There are a lot of buses to/from the destinations you mentioned and I don't think you'd have to buy the tickets in advance. There are even first-class buses (seats that become comfortable beds – they are called "Leitos"). But if you're buying way in advance I'd advise you to try to buy airline tickets. Like Gol Airlines have good fares (it's compared to the Southwest fares in the US) or Varig.
    I'd done those trips either by bus and plane. The airplane trip saves you time and it's much more comfortable; on the other hand one gets to see more of the country and meet more (friendly) locals traveling by bus.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • robine's Profile Photo

Re: Bus tickets in advance???

by robine Online Now Mar 27, 2007 at 12:37 PM

Except for the busiest periods of the year (principally Christmas), Brazilians don't buy their bus tickets far in advance, just the day before (or on the day itself). You shouldn't have a problem. Boa viagem!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines