Fox Glacier

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Budget Lodging in fox glazier

by khalid48 Online Now Jun 19, 2011 at 2:57 AM

We wil be in South Island from 23 Oct - 1st Nov 2011. There will be around 21 -26 adults. We had identified hotels/places to stay in Christchurh, Queenstown, Te Anau and Wanaka. Only one last place remain very elusive, i.e. Fox Glazier.Can someone please recommend us a good view/location but cheap lodging for the above adults preferably staying close together for a night on the 30 Oct? We are budget travellers. What we need is a clean place to sleep as most of the time we will be out of the hotel.As "cheap" is very relative, would appreciate if we can get an overview of the 'cheap' lodging in Fox Glazier or maybe even in FJ Glazier

8 Answers Jun 28, 2011 at 9:29 PM
    • Which track is highly recommended in Fox Glacier region?

by kennyboi Online Now Dec 14, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Hi all,

I am looking for a hike (or combination of few short walks) for a total of about 90 minutes in duration. Can anyone recommend me which one is best for scenery?

There are a good selection of tracks here:

doc.govt.nz/parks-and-recrea...

My initial pick is either Lake Matheson or The Fox Glacier Valley walk. Not sure which one is better, or if there is any better ones...

Unfortunately, I don't have time to do them all...

Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Dec 16, 2009 at 11:24 AM
    • swdke's Profile Photo

Fox Glacier: Is there a better time of day to take a helihike trip?

by swdke Online Now May 3, 2007 at 8:07 AM

I am interested in information regarding a Helihike trip on the Fox glacier. One possible date is around December 2nd. Is there a "best" time of day to take a tour? Like morning vs. afternoon. I realize the trips don't go if the weather is bad. I had read where someone stated that the morning trip might be best. Unfortunately, I think an afternoon trip would best fit our schedule, but will change plans as necessary. What do you recommend for this time of year? Thank you. Steve

2 Answers May 9, 2007 at 5:16 PM
    • Choosing between glaciers

by goingunder Online Now Feb 28, 2004 at 5:59 PM

I don't have time to visit both Franz Joseph and Fox Glaciers. I would like to do a heli-hike of one. Which one would be best for this type of activity?

3 Answers Mar 4, 2011 at 3:10 PM