Fougères Travel Answers

change location
musicdy's Profile Photo

Transportation to Fougeres or Vitre

by musicdy Online Now Jul 5, 2011 at 4:53 PM

I would like to visit Fougeres and possibly Vitre but will not have a rental car. Does anyone know of bus service to these 2 towns? Is there possibly service out of Rennes? I also plan to stay in Dinan, Bayeaux and Mont St. Michel and could connect out of anywhere in the region. thanks!

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: Transportation to Fougeres or Vitre

by Beausoleil Online Now Jul 5, 2011 at 9:15 PM

There is a direct train from Rennes to Vitre.
    ter-sncf.com/Regions/bretagn...

Getting a train from Rennes to Fougeres seems a bit more complicated. Perhaps there is a good bus connection. Certainly you could ask locally if you don't get an answer here.

Enjoy the beautiful chateau at Fougeres.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

by cubsur Online Now Jul 7, 2011 at 3:40 AM

The regional bus network website is

http://www.illenoo-services.fr/

This includes route 9a Rennes - Fougeres.

by Beausoleil Online Now Jul 7, 2011 at 8:55 AM

Thank you so much cubsur. I hope the poster sees this.

• musicdy's Profile Photo

by musicdy Online Now Jul 13, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Thank you, Thank you for both replies! As I am tweaking the itinerary it looks like we'll have to forego Vitre. I'm now trying to figure out if we can take a bus from Mont St. Michel or Pontorson to Fourgeres. I will check the bus website mentioned. Any info on this new wrinkle is WELCOME!

by musicdy Online Now Jul 13, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Thank you for your reply. I've been on the bus website and have had trouble in finding their routes. I'm now trying to figure out if there is a way to get from Mont St. Michel (or Pontorson) to Fourgeres. And then to take a bus from Fourgeres to Dinan. I could also take the bus from Fourgeres to Rennes and then a train from Rennes to Dinan. Can you help me any more on what to specifically click on and enter. I know you mentioned "line 9a" and I haven't been successful in getting details of that to pull up. Sorry to be such a problem!

by Beausoleil Online Now Jul 13, 2011 at 2:56 PM

01h30 PM
    Take line 17 St Malo - Fougères Direction Gare routière (from Pontorson)
    (Fare : 3,5 €)

02h24 PM
    Get off at the stop Gare routière (FOUGERES)

Go to the illenoo services web site. Beside the British flag click on ENGLISH to get the site in English (or use it in French).

In the smaller grey bar across the top click on "Route."

On the form (illenoo-services.fr/ri/index... where it says “1. Your departure point," go underneath is where it says “Or choose from the list:" and then click on “Select on the map” where you can try various options

A map will pop up and you find your departure and arrival cities. It will then tell you if this is possible. I couldn’t find a connection from MSM to Fougeres but there is line 17 from St. Malo to Fougeres that would pick you up in Pontorson and take you to Fougeres. You can try other options as you think of them. The map helps.

I couldn’t find a bus from Fougeres to Dinan either so you may need to go to Rennes. Are you also checking the trains? You may have to use a combination.

Good luck.

by musicdy Online Now Jul 14, 2011 at 9:46 AM

This looks fantastic! Thank you so much! I have to work this afternoon and tonight so it will be tomorrow before I can try this out but you info looks incredibly helpful!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines