Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Stavanger - Preikestolen-Kjearag - Trolltunga

Stavanger Sep 17, 2015 at 3:15 AM

Hi, maybe somebody could help me... Cuz I really dont have a clue.

I'm planing to travel these places on Octomber 1-2-3-4.
      I will fly to Stavanger early morning and be there at 10:00, Im planing to rent a car so I can easly move to these places.
      My 1 day, cuz im landing so early I though that I could visit Preikestolen. And after to stay near in any hotel so I can next day ( day2 ) hike to Kjearag, after hiking the Kjearag, maybe to drive to Trolltunga and stay over there nearby. Day 3, Hike to Trolltunga, and after to check in a hotel. Day 4 drive back to Stavanger and catch the flight.

I know that the sesson is closed, but is there still people doing this hikes on the beginning of Octomber ? Am I realistic on my planing schedule ?? Ocfourse if the weater is bad, we will not hike to Trolltunga, I have read that its 10-11 hours hiking and is really hard. The hiking to Kjearag is 6-8 h, and Prekestolen 4-6 h.

Do you have any tips, something I should consider ? Are the ferries between expensive ?? Have anybody done this ??

• AllieK's Profile Photo

Getting to Kjerag

Stavanger Sep 7, 2015 at 10:43 AM

Hey there everyone!

I'm currently in Norway and would like to do the Kjerag hike in the next couple of days. I've just seen i've missed the season with tidereiser but was wondering if there is any other way to get to the base? Are there any bus companies anyone knows that do that route? Any info would be great

Allie X