Fortuna Travel Answers

change location

hotel recommendations

by kevin-fortuna Online Now Dec 28, 2005 at 6:08 AM

It's been a long time since I've visited La Fortuna. Obviously I have a bias for the place (my name is Kevin Fortuna), and I've been meaning to get back there. Can anyone recommend a decent hotel that is nice, clean, but not too expensive? Thanks!

Kevin Fortuna

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Latitude9Lisa's Profile Photo

RE: hotel recommendations

by Latitude9Lisa Online Now Dec 29, 2005 at 12:32 PM

In the village of La Fortuna, I recommend Hotel San Bosco. The rooms are neat and clean, the grounds well kept, and they have a pool and hot tub. Centrally located in Fortuna, you can walk to restaurants and shops. The third floor has an observation deck too. There are hotels closer to the volcano but naturally they are higher priced. Hope this helps! Lisa in Manuel Antonio

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: hotel recommendations

by sanctuas Online Now Feb 25, 2010 at 7:22 AM

Just some quick advice as to where not to stay! We stayed at a place called Hostal Las Palmas, which though clean, was run by a bit of a psycho. He does tours himself but he thought we had organised tours with a different tour operator so he went a bit crazy about that and when we came to pay he demanded a mental dollar - colones exchange rate and got physically agressive when we refused to pay it. If you can avoid it, don´t go there!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines