Fortaleza

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travel warnings?

Cuiabá Apr 15, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Are there any safety concerns when visiting Cuiaba?

more
    • current info. Website is 2008

Manaus Apr 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM

Has anyone made the trip recently from Manaus to guayana city.
      Also any knowledge about flights from Manaus to same or caracus without having to go back to Sao Paulo or Panama city.
      Help would be appreciated.

more
    • CRUISE TERMINAL

Rio de Janeiro Apr 6, 2014 at 9:00 AM

IS THE NEW CRUISE TERMINAL COMPLETE AND FUNCTIONING ?

more
    • Tara2001's Profile Photo

Salvador, is it best to stay in the Pelourinho? Any hostel recommendations?

Brazil Mar 27, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Hi all,

I'm visiting Salvador for 3 nights in April and was wondering if the Pelourinho is the best area to stay in? I am looking to stay in a hostel that is safe and secure, but also sociable where I can meet likeminded solo travellers. Any suggestions??

more

Anyone in Salvador from 7th - 10th April?

Brazil Mar 27, 2014 at 9:42 AM

Hi guys,

Is anyone in Salvador from 7th - 10th April that would want to meet up and do some sight seeing etc? Get in touch! :)

more
    • 1 day city tour with airport transfers

Brasília Mar 19, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Hola
      We are arriving in Brasilia early on June 30 there will be 4 of us
      We need to have a day tour and back at airport by 415 PM for flight out
      I will be also at game at 1300 and rest of people will continue tour.
      can we arrange this with you so we get picked up at airport in the morning start tour and pick me up at stadium and back to airport?
      How much will it be?
      thanks
      hector

more
    • Getting there from Campo Grande

Foz do Iguaçu Yesterday

Just wondering what is the quickest and easiest way to get to Foz do Iguacu from Campo Grande Matto Grosso do Sul in Brazil. It all seems very complicated.

If someone has a simple-ish solution could you please let me know.

Thanks

more
    • travelswithsteve's Profile Photo

Airport Customs and Immigration

Rio de Janeiro Apr 9, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Flying London Heathrow to Vitoria (VIX) via Rio (GIG) with TAM. Does anyone know if I have to pick up my luggage and clear Customs at Rio or will it be at final destination ?

more
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

São Paulo Apr 7, 2014 at 3:59 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

more
    • Travel with BUS from Natal to Salvador in Brazil

Natal Apr 4, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I need to travel from Natal, RN to Salvador Bahia by BUS, anyone know what Bus company I can buy ticket to travel to Salvador?

more
    • panatanal tours

Pantanal Mar 19, 2014 at 12:08 AM

I arrive in Cuiba late on july 5th
      whats best way to get a tour of pantanal from Cuiba or should I go further south?
      Do i use a car or hir ea guide?
      thanks
      we are a family of 4

more
    • Gluten free restaurants around Rio de Janeiro

Rio de Janeiro Yesterday

Can anyone give some names of restaurants around Rio that serve gluten free lunch and dinner?. I am going to Rio during the World Cup with wife and two children

more
    • Travelling Pantanal

Pantanal Apr 9, 2014 at 3:11 AM

How can i travel Pantanal without tying myself to a 4-5 day tour? I want to make it flexible and yet be able to do everything. Is it possible to do this independently?

more
    • Two days in Argentina

Foz do Iguaçu Mar 31, 2014 at 3:40 AM

I am travelling to see the falls in June. I would like to spend 2 days exploring the Argentina side and a day and a half on the Brazilian side. I am flying into Foz do Iguacu. Would you recommend I stay in Brazil and travel to Argentina each day. Or should I stay in Argentina overnight?

more
    • Currency exchange at the Crossover

Foz do Iguaçu Mar 27, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Is there an exchange at the border after you enter Argentina? After seeing the Brazilian National Park, we are heading for the Argentina National Park and the Sheraton. We'll need pesos to pay to get into the park.

more
    • JosephW10's Profile Photo

Help in itinerary

Rio de Janeiro Apr 7, 2014 at 4:00 AM

Hi,

I am 29 and will be travelling alone from 13 April till 30april.

I planned to fly into São Paulo and stay for 3 nights, fly into rio for 3 nights, fly into Cusco and Machu Picchu for 4 nights, fly into bueno Aries and Iguzzua falls for 4 nights before heading back to São Paulo and back to Singapore.

Any one can advise me if this will be any problems with my planning ?

Alternatively I can do it the other way round São Paulo, bueno Aries, cusco, rio and back to São Paulo. I am not sure how different will the trip be if I choose to do this route.

I will stay in hostel and join local tours for all activities.

Thank you so much

more
    • eversure's Profile Photo

Taxi or airport bus?

Sao Paulo Mar 24, 2014 at 6:20 AM

We are a family of 5 (parents with 3 teenagers). We need to get from GRU to Congonhas. Will it be more convenient to take airport taxi or airport bus? In most places we have gone to, the individual cost for the bus is sometimes just the same as for a taxi and the taxi seems to be quicker. Thanks.

more
    • DavidM184's Profile Photo

Daily Tours from Rio and return

Rio de Janeiro Apr 9, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Can you advise what i should not miss/thank you. Dave

more

Visa's and volunteering (I'm British)

Brazil Apr 15, 2014 at 8:28 AM

I'm hoping to go and volunteer in Rio, working in a youth hostel for a few months. I understand I can do this on a normal 90 day visa, is that right?

And also, how many days do I need to leave the country before I can return on another 90 day visa?

more
    • monkeygoblin's Profile Photo

Alternate locations

by monkeygoblin Online Now Jan 28, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Hi folks

So my girlfriend and I need to spend a few nights in (or around) Foraleza during the World Cup. BAD TIMING!
      Availability is shy and prices are extreme. So we're thinking of skipping off to another town/village direct after landing there.

Does anyone have any recommendations that would be:
      1) With possible access from the international airport after landing at 19:00 in the evening.
      2) Cheaper accommodation possibilities.

Yours hopefully

Matt

5 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 7:10 AM
    • AnneCFeeley's Profile Photo

Buying household goods

by AnneCFeeley Online Now Dec 18, 2013 at 12:05 PM

How easy is it to purchase goods such as - furnishings and white goods in the Fortaleza area?

1 Answer Dec 18, 2013 at 12:28 PM
    • Which part of fortaleza are the safest and the ones to avoid?

by tyty86 Online Now Nov 30, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Hi guys,

I am traveling with my father and brother this summer for the world cup next june. We will be staying 17 days and would like to know what neighborhoods should I avoid and which ones are the safest. I heard Beria mar is a good area.

Thanks for letting me know!

1 Answer Dec 8, 2013 at 7:00 PM
    • Where to buy emeralds in Fortaleza

by pnta Online Now Sep 26, 2013 at 6:29 AM

I'd like to buy emerald in Fortaleza. Any reputable jewellers that anyone can recommend. Any tips on identifying genuine emeralds.

2 Answers Sep 26, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    • EloveM's Profile Photo

Where can I get the Forro Dance Classes in Fortaleza?

by EloveM Online Now Sep 17, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I want to know How, When, Where can I get the Forro Dance Classes in Fortaleza?
      and Classes cost?

1 Answer Sep 17, 2013 at 5:54 PM
    • How can I enjoy Salsa dancing in Fortaleza?

by loverboa Online Now Sep 10, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Where is the Salsa Dance Bar?
      When? What time open the Salsa Bar?
      Can you inform me? about Salsa,Bachata,Merenge dance in Fortaleza

3 Answers Sep 10, 2013 at 9:21 AM
    • Samba and Cooking Schools?

by azukoski Online Now Feb 21, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Hello
      I am living in Fortaleza for a short time. I am looking for a place to take samba lessons and cooking lessons. Any suggestions? Thanks. Ann

2 Answers Jul 9, 2012 at 6:51 PM
    • itinerantteacher's Profile Photo

Dog Care on Fortaleza

by itinerantteacher Online Now Feb 3, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Hello All,

I am relocating to Fortaleza for a 10-month fellowship that begins in March, 2012. I will be bringing my small dog with me, and I would like to know if anyone can recommend an excellent veterinarian and/or pet sitter in Fortaleza. My apartment will be near Iracema.

Any other helpful information you could offer about having a dog in Foraleza would be especially appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Mar 16, 2012 at 3:35 PM
    • Beach community / neighborhood in or near Fortaleza

by house35 Online Now Jan 27, 2012 at 3:44 AM

I am currently living in Fortaleza, and am thinking of looking for a community outside Fortaleza to live, a place where close enough that I could drive to the city several times per week for work.

I heard there are beach communities, nice areas where I could purchase a home, and be close to the beach, but it is not too far from the city. Can anyone recommend any areas?

3 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 7:15 AM
    • Bartki's Profile Photo

A general question : Is it safe to start a business in Fortaleza as a foreigner?

by Bartki Online Now Jan 10, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Is it safe to start a business in Fortaleza or surroundings ( Recife, Natal, Joao Pessoa )
      Some people say it's safe, but a lot of people here in Europe say it's very risky and dangerous.
      I would like to live in Brazil North East but i want to be sure.

Thanks in advance,

Bart

6 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 11:58 AM
    • Apartment search in Fortaleza

by house35 Online Now Dec 11, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Hello all. My Brazilian girlfriend and I are in Fortaleza for a one week vacation. We decided we love it and are going to look for an apartment and make the move. We'd like something furnished as a starter apartment, in an area of the city close to shopping, restaurants etc. Not too expensive, mid range probably is where we're at for now.

Any suggestions on agents, or websites, to help us with our search?

4 Answers Feb 10, 2013 at 5:01 AM
    • University or Language School in Fortaleza: student visa

by house35 Online Now Dec 6, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Hello all. I would like to study Portuguese in Fortaleza at a school that provides the document for a student visa. This is a document that I would then submit to the Brazilian consulate in Canada to apply for the student visa.

It can be a university or language school. For example there is a course in Sao Paulo at Mackenzie University which is cheap and only two classes per week, which is perfect, and they provide the document for getting a student visa. I am wondering if there is something similar in Fortaleza.

4 Answers Dec 15, 2011 at 11:18 AM
    • Elvriyana's Profile Photo

Moving to Fortaleza and Seeking for Employment (Teaching English)

by Elvriyana Online Now Apr 18, 2011 at 2:34 AM

I have posted a question before in this forum about moving to Fortaleza and asking for some advices around how difficult it is to get a job in Fortaleza, Brazil. But it seems to be deleted and I can not access it anymore and I am not quite sure why. I do not think I have used any offensive languages on my question before, I have read the guidelines and I do not think I have breach any of those points. Please help :)

24 Answers Apr 18, 2011 at 2:50 PM
    • 2 stop flight from singapore to fortaleza

by mazzyfazzy Online Now Apr 15, 2011 at 10:42 AM

hi,i'm a singaporean who will be traveling to fortaleza in may this year.its my 1st time traveling 30 hours with 2 stop flight n transfer another flight from SIA(singapore) TO TAP(portugal).exmaple singapore-zurich - zurich-lisbon -lisbon-fortaleza.could someone give me advises on what i should do n should not do...thank you...

8 Answers Apr 17, 2011 at 1:42 PM
    • Private schools in Fortaleza

by djdantas Online Now Feb 18, 2011 at 1:01 PM

Hi I will be moving to Fortaleza in July with my husband and 10 year old son. I have tried to search for private schools biligual or english would be perferred but can't seem to find any. Could anyone send me a list of private schools that I can contact when I am there in a few weeks. Thanks a bunch!

5 Answers Apr 2, 2011 at 8:04 PM
    • Fitness

by djack1105 Online Now Nov 14, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Are there gyms in Fortalaza to train, lift weights, stay in shape etc...?

2 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 7:18 AM
    • Fortaleza apartments

by desperado071071 Online Now Aug 27, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Hi, could anyone help me , where is the best place to stay in Fortaleza planing to rent apartment. Also if you know anyone who you can trust for apartment.
      Don't feel comfotable to pay a head.
      Thanx
      Mario

2 Answers Dec 3, 2010 at 10:14 PM
    • Joe-Gringo's Profile Photo

Looking to be an English teacher/tutor in Fortaleza

by Joe-Gringo Online Now Aug 31, 2009 at 3:48 PM

I'm planning to move to the Fortaleza area to establish some business ventures and marry my Brazilian fiancée. But as a backup plan, I'd like to teach English privately. I would like to find a private school in need of a literate, native English speaker. My fiancée and I have even been talking about starting an English school (she is an English teacher, too).

I test better than the 99th percentile in competency, and have experience tutoring English to speakers of many languages. I'm doing well at learning Portuguese and became quite popular on livemocha.com for my detailed explanation of English difficulties - in Portuguese. Although I've not obtained an ESL certification, I would certainly do so if really necessary.

Any advice on where to look?

Thank you so much!

Joe

8 Answers May 19, 2010 at 1:29 PM
    • shine3y3's Profile Photo

Fortaleza

by shine3y3 Online Now Aug 11, 2009 at 7:57 AM

Heloo all. Coming to Fortaleza for a bit of wind down after a 9 day stay in Buenos Aires next month. Any recommendations as to where to stay? Neighborhoods etc.... I hear of the fantastic beaches in Ceara...but are the beaches in the city also nice? clean?

Thanks for any tips.

3 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 12:01 PM
    • WesleyFowler's Profile Photo

In town January 16 through January 27

by WesleyFowler Online Now Jan 4, 2009 at 9:05 PM

This will be my first time in Fortaleza. I have a few friends living in Brazil, but none in Fortaleza. I'll be looking at real estate primarially, but I plan to get out and about to some of the clubs while I'm there. If anyone, especially folks with local knowledge, wants to meet up for a drink, I'd be all over it.

On an unrelated note, are there any dive (scuba) operators in Fortaleza who allow spearfishing on their charters? Kind of obscure question, I know.

2 Answers Jan 5, 2009 at 6:43 AM
    • Golf in Fortaleza ?

by ollia Online Now Nov 6, 2008 at 12:43 AM

Hi,

Is there any Golf courses closed to Fortaleza? And what are green free prices?

br Olli

4 Answers Jul 9, 2010 at 6:40 PM
    • Safety in Fortaleza?

by dee19 Online Now Sep 12, 2008 at 7:21 AM

I'm planning a trip to Fortaleza this fall and I was wondering how safe is it in Fortaleza? There have been a few comments that it is the second dangerous city in Brazil??
      Thanks!

6 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 1:28 PM
    • Surf Shop

by LAXGRUFOR Online Now Jun 20, 2008 at 3:22 PM

Visiting Fortaleza in August and would like to find out if
      there are any surf shops in Fortaleza?
      Please let me know the address and phone number.

What is the price range of the surf board (long board)?

Thanks,
      LAXGRUFOR

4 Answers Jun 22, 2008 at 9:53 PM
    • Nightlife of the city

by keenvoyageur Online Now May 19, 2008 at 6:02 AM

I’m visiting this great city in June 08 (less than three weeks away), can you someone please shed some light in all the happenings in the city especially the nightlife. I am also hoping to get some well earned rest, can one suggest a nice place within the city where one can relax without experiencing any hassles.

My stay is 10 days and I am hoping not to experience any dull moment.

Many thanks

2 Answers May 31, 2008 at 12:29 AM
    • Going alone to Fortaleza

by bjabak Online Now Mar 12, 2008 at 1:17 PM

I am a Norwegian guy travelling alone to Fortaleza this march. Are there any of you Virtual Tourist members that will be in Fortaleza during march? I would be lovely to meet up with some of you who actuelly live in this brilliant part of Brazil that I have been reading about for weeks and weeks.

I work as a management consultant in Norway and have a very hectic everyday life. I very much look forward to visiting Brasil, recharding my batteries, getting some sun on my back, and basically having a great time!

Regards from Norway.

Bjarte

2 Answers Mar 14, 2008 at 5:15 PM
    • Andreas1978's Profile Photo

Language school in Fortaleza

by Andreas1978 Online Now Jun 15, 2007 at 8:25 PM

Hey, does anybody know of a good language school that gives private lessons?? My portuguese is getting better, but I want to learn more advanced gramma.

If anybody has contacts, telefone, email etc... I would be gratefull!!

Regards,
      Andreas

13 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 7:15 AM
    • hostels in Fortalezza

by ozzybuffalo Online Now May 25, 2007 at 8:41 AM

I'm thinking of visiting fortalezza for a week. I'm having trouble finding reviews on hostels in the area. I don't really know hostels that well, I've only rented apartments. But I think a week is too short for that.

It sounds like a good plan would be to stay at a hotel the first day, probably in Meireless and look for hostels around there the first day. Does anyone know what the going rate is for hostels there? Is it possible to get a private room that I can lock my stuff in (I have a laptop)? I don't know how secure hostels usually are...

1 Answer May 25, 2007 at 10:58 AM
    • little.cintia's Profile Photo

Mucuripe

by little.cintia Online Now May 17, 2007 at 5:05 AM

What about Mucuripe Club this Friday?! :)
      Who's in?
      :D

3 Answers May 18, 2007 at 12:35 PM
    • little.cintia's Profile Photo

Wednesday Night

by little.cintia Online Now May 16, 2007 at 2:41 PM

Who's going to Boteco Bar tonight?

:)

I am!

6 Answers Jun 10, 2007 at 1:24 PM
    • dentists specializing in dental implant work

by MARYANNseeger Online Now Apr 22, 2007 at 12:34 PM

how much and how long does dental implants take. If a total of four teeth are needed for this procedure, what are suggestions for having work done in country of Brazil?

5 Answers Feb 25, 2009 at 11:08 AM