Fortaleza Travel Answers

change location

Beach community / neighborhood in or near Fortaleza

by house35 Online Now Jan 27, 2012 at 3:44 AM

I am currently living in Fortaleza, and am thinking of looking for a community outside Fortaleza to live, a place where close enough that I could drive to the city several times per week for work.

I heard there are beach communities, nice areas where I could purchase a home, and be close to the beach, but it is not too far from the city. Can anyone recommend any areas?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • bahiana77's Profile Photo

Re: Beach community / neighborhood in or near Fortaleza

by bahiana77 Online Now Jan 27, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Questions about living in Brazil might get more responses on the forum of the expat site www.gringoes.com , where there are a couple of Fortaleza residents contributing, plus more folks who can advise about purchasing property in Brazil, visa questions regarding staying legally, and other information.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Beach community / neighborhood in or near Fortaleza

by 2deJulho Online Now Jan 27, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I don't really understand why you are asking this on a travel forum. You claim to be living in Fortaleza already and yet you can't determine where you would prefer to live putside of town? Wouldn't you be better off asking friends and neigbours there?

• lvaroli's Profile Photo

Re: Beach community / neighborhood in or near Fortaleza

by lvaroli Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 7:15 AM

Hi!

I could recomend you a few areas... I personally moved to Icaraí. It's just 20km away from Fortaleza and the driving time/traffic isnt so bad. I drive to Fortaleza EVERYDAY and never had problems. I live very close to the ocean and never had trouble with safety issues.

Hope that helps.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines