Fortaleza Travel Answers

change location

Fortaleza apartments

by desperado071071 Online Now Aug 27, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Hi, could anyone help me , where is the best place to stay in Fortaleza planing to rent apartment. Also if you know anyone who you can trust for apartment.
Don't feel comfotable to pay a head.
Thanx
Mario

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • dirtroady's Profile Photo

Re: Fortaleza apartments

by dirtroady Online Now Sep 16, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Maybe airbnb.com might work for you. Just be careful in renting apartments from people because Brazilians are good at scams. I would NOT pay anyone ahead.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Fortaleza apartments

by bellabee Online Now Dec 3, 2010 at 10:14 PM

If you are still interested, I lived in Fortaleza for a year. Loved it! We rented a 3 bed apt. near Beira Mar and overpaid. We paid 1500BRL- it should have been closer to 1000. We rented an older, larger 2 bed. near by for 850BRL. Totally furnished down to the pot and pans. I rented a 1 bed near Beach Park resort for 450BRL. If you know what the going rates are don't pay more. For example, we paid 10BRL for DVDs on Beira Mar and then found them for 5 at Centro so we never paid more again. By the way, go to Centro, be prepared to get confused but go and shop. Great fun.
    Eat at the self service too - pay for the amount you eat and the food is great - I never had a bad self service meal and I ate all over Meireles, Aldeota, Centro, near Papicu... all over. Take busses. Learn how to get around or use them for sight seeing.
    Enjoy the city. We did!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines