Fortaleza Travel Answers

change location
shine3y3's Profile Photo

Fortaleza

by shine3y3 Online Now Aug 11, 2009 at 7:57 AM

Heloo all. Coming to Fortaleza for a bit of wind down after a 9 day stay in Buenos Aires next month. Any recommendations as to where to stay? Neighborhoods etc.... I hear of the fantastic beaches in Ceara...but are the beaches in the city also nice? clean?

Thanks for any tips.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Fortaleza

by cassiovieggore Online Now Aug 11, 2009 at 10:32 AM

The best place to tourists is Beach Park Acqua Resort. Watch the below link:

beachpark.com.br/beachpark/r...

The best beach around Fortaleza is Praia do Futuro. Beach Park is too far from Fortaleza's downtown. So a nice hotel at Praia do Futuro shall be nice as well.

viagemdeferias.com/fortaleza...

The flat Tabajara is around Praia de Iracema but beaches are inadequate to go for a dip. The Tabajara flat is at Rua dos Tabajaras, 471.

Fortaleza is known by its handcrafts, clay and pottery goods, pillow-laces, hammocks,... You may visit Ceart, Centro de Turismo or Feira Noturna to buy some products. These places are respectively located at Rua Costa Barros, 1650 (Aldeota), Rua Senador Pompeu, 350,and, Calçadão da Av. Beira Mar (Meireles beach).
    I don't advise to go walking around Fortaleza without portuguese/spanish language control. Brazilian people feel troublesome in speaking english.
    Fortalezas food is international enough. The favourite foods are lobsters, and,
    shrimp, and shellfish. You may find german, italian, japanese, portuguese, and brazilian good restaurants there.
    The spots near Fortaleza are Jericoacoara , Praia do Cumbuco e Praia da Canoa Quebrada. Watch the links below:

http://www.portalcumbuco.com.br/

http://www.portalcanoaquebrada.com.br/

Enjoy Brazil! I love my country!
    Cassiovieggore

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • shine3y3's Profile Photo

Re: Fortaleza

by shine3y3 Online Now Aug 31, 2009 at 7:31 AM

Thanks for the help.

• robertoja's Profile Photo

Re: Fortaleza

by robertoja Online Now Mar 27, 2014 at 12:01 PM

You need to go to Jericoacoara, is the best place in Ceará. I recommend you go to canoa quebrada as well. Any quastion contact me.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines