Fort Worth Travel Answers

change location
elmendorfs's Profile Photo

Best Area to Stay for downtown conference.

by elmendorfs Online Now Feb 11, 2011 at 1:15 PM

I'm attending a conference at the Downtown Hilton (815 Main Street) near the end of this month. Unfortunately, the conference rooms are all sold out at the Hilton. I've found reasonable "3 Star" hotels in just about every direction from this hotel, but I don't know which area would be best. My wife will be with me and it would be nice if there were interesting historical or outdoor things to see and do near where we stay...Downtown Fort Worth area, West Fort Worth area, South Fort Worth area, Forest Hill area, Lake Worth area, North Fort Worth area???

We have not been to Ft. Worth before, so we are looking forward to learning about a new area. Any "must do" suggestions would also be appreciated. We will only be there 4 days and really aren't much into city 'night life'.

THANKS!
Fred

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • TexasDave's Profile Photo

Re: Best Area to Stay for downtown conference.

by TexasDave Online Now Feb 11, 2011 at 1:29 PM

I would just check the location of hotels using Google maps. In general Ft. Worth is quite spread out and use of public transit is quite limited, so anything not right in downtown pretty much nessitates a car.
    The two nicest attractions, IMO, are the Stockyards, to the North of downtown, and the Museum district, especially the Kimball and Amon Carter museums, which are to the West from downtown.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • elmendorfs's Profile Photo

Re: Best Area to Stay for downtown conference.

by elmendorfs Online Now Feb 11, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Thanks! We will have a car, so maybe we'll try something west...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines