Fort Worth Travel Answers

change location

Fort worth Loop 820

by barney982 Online Now Jan 7, 2005 at 1:31 PM

Me and my boyfriend are visiting the Fort worth area in October and are staying at the studioplus hotel in Fossil Creek. Could anybody tell me a bit more about safety in the NE Loop 820 area, I've heard the east part is a bit unsafe and need to make sure this is ok.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Fort worth Loop 820

by Keyser Online Now Jan 11, 2005 at 8:45 AM

I don't think you need to worry about safety in that area, particularly. That Northeast loop 820 area is very built up (lots of shopping and restaurants and stuff). If I remember correctly (I usually stop one exit to the East of there), there are lots of hotels right around that exit and they all seemed pretty nice - I don't know much abou the studioplus, specifically, though. There's probably some crime/safety issues just from staying in a motel right near a major highway, but I doubt any more than you'd have anywhere else in the US, and it's unavoidable, in any case. Again, I don't know about the studioplus specifically, but the area is not bad. I think the "unsafe" East part that you might have heard about is talking about the area closer to where 820 intersects with 30 (and South of there) - quite a ways from where you'll be staying. And, it's not even as unsafe an area as some might think (though I probably wouldn't recommend it, or recommend moving there) I don't know of any motels around there offhand, anyway.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines