Fort Myers Beach Travel Answers

change location

Fort Myers/ Sanibel

by lsymens Online Now Apr 28, 2004 at 3:49 PM

What is the best location to visit between Fort Myers, Sanibel Island, Marco and Captiva islands? Just want to relax and maybe do a couple of attraction tours. Have never been to Florida, I love the carribean and live near Galveston, which is not so pretty. Brown sand and brown water. Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Fort Myers/ Sanibel

by lucysgirl Online Now Apr 28, 2004 at 8:31 PM

I would definitely stay on Sanibel Island. There are lots of accommodations in various price ranges. It's a narrow island, so you will be on the beach or close to it, wherever you stay. Captiva is also lovely, but few places to stay, except for a large resort. You can easily explore both islands by bicycle. Check out the Bubble Room restaraunt on Captiva. Very busy in the evening- lunch is a better time to visit. I have stayed at all of the locations you mentioned. I don't care for Marco Island or Fort Myers Beach- very commercial. Sanibel/Captiva are paradise.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Fort Myers/ Sanibel

by lsymens Online Now Apr 29, 2004 at 3:08 PM

Thank You so much for the advice. I booked my stay in sanibel, so I feel a relief. I have never even heard of these places until I found them on the internet. I was looking for places in key largo and thought maybe something a little more quiet might be better. Thanks again. And yes my mother is going and loves shelling.

• kimij's Profile Photo

Re: Fort Myers/ Sanibel

by kimij Online Now May 4, 2004 at 4:27 AM

I'm glad you booked sanibel it really is paradise.. however for your attractions ,if you have the car I'd recommend going south to the everglades,north to busch gardens and if you want to shop, east to sawgrass mills mall between miami and ft lauderdale. happy holiday kim

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines