Fort Myers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Fun for 18 month old

Destin Jul 1, 2014 at 9:22 AM

Hi! We are planning a trip to Destin in September with our daughter. She will be 18 months old in September. What "fun" stuff can we do with her besides the beach and pool? I'm thinking more along the lines of what to do with her at night. Is there an amusement park with rides that she could ride?

We are no strangers to Florida, however, this is our first trip with a child :) I'm so excited to take her to the beach!

more
    • Destin Recommendations

Destin Jul 7, 2014 at 9:09 AM

My son who will be 4, my husband and mother in law and myself will be visiting Destin in June of next year. Just wondering what others would suggest as a "must do." Also, what restaurants do you recommend? We're wanting a condo on the beach with at least 2 bedrooms so recommendations on the best for your buck here would be helpful too. Thanks in advance for your help!

more
    • sky lanterns

Panama City Beach Jul 7, 2014 at 6:03 AM

Can you fly sky lanterns at Panama City Beach?

more
    • Tourist looking for something to do on last day

Pensacola Jul 5, 2014 at 7:46 AM

We r badly sunburned.

more
    • best shops?

Marathon Jul 5, 2014 at 5:03 AM

Any recommendations for the best souvenir shops and Key Lime products shops near Hawks Cay Resort?

more
    • Fort De Soto Park/Beach

Fort De Soto Jul 3, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Is Fort De Soto crowded in the summer?

more
    • Splash Resort

Panama City Beach Jun 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Is this a nice place to stay ? Or book someplace else !

more
    • Daytona or Fort Walton

Florida Jun 29, 2014 at 4:34 PM

I am looking for a beautiful white sand, clear water beach to vacation at. Not to crowded. Simply put which is better. What's your opinion.

Thanks

more
    • First weekend in September

Panama City Beach Jun 29, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Hi all,
      I am a little concerned about the crowds during September. What is it usually like during September?

Thanks

more
    • WaterBug's Profile Photo

Bathing suit shops

Clearwater Beach Jun 27, 2014 at 12:31 PM

We were down there over a year ago on the main road just south of pier 60 and went into a parking area where they had an elevator taking you up and down to some beautiful beach wear. My wife bought an nice bikini and we would like to find out the name of the place to see if we could shop on line.

more
    • Public Swimming

Lake Apopka 18 hours ago

Are there any public swimming areas on Lake Apopka?

more
    • Does any restaurant serve Abalone?

Key West 19 hours ago

Does any of the restaurants' in Key West offer Abalone? I am from the West Coast/ California and now live in Georgia. I miss having it.

more
    • PONTOON RENTALS

Cape Canaveral Jul 20, 2014 at 8:04 AM

What is the best place to rent a pontoon boat for the day? I have looked at several places. Any idea where the boats are permitted to go? We love to go to the gulf, rent a boat and island/sandbar hop for shells. Is this possible on this side of the state? We are staying in Cape Canaveral.

more
    • Travel to St George island in August

Saint George Island Jul 14, 2014 at 12:09 PM

I plan to travel to St. George Island, Florida in August. Should I worry about the storms, hurricane or other weather related events? (First timer to Florida). Thanks.

more
    • Getting around in Miami, FL

Miami Jul 10, 2014 at 2:18 PM

We arrive tomorrow in Ft. Lauderdale. We already have transportation to our hotel in Miami; however, what is the cheapest way to get 3 passengers to the Seaquarium from the hotel near the airport?

more
    • Walt Disney World vs Universal World

Florida Jun 30, 2014 at 11:54 AM

Hi There,

We're going to Orlando in August, we will only be there for 3 days, very short time I know :( but we need to get the best out of our trip. We will be 2 young adults and 2 Middle aged Adults (Family vacation)

Which one between Walt Disney World and Universal world would be more suitable for our age? Is it possible to buy day passes just to do some site seeing in the parks (not riding any rides)

Do you get any special access when staying at the resort?

Thanks!!!

more
    • chocolate tour

Naples Jun 28, 2014 at 3:54 AM

I heard there is a chocolate tour in Naples. Can you tell me what it is?

more
    • Things to do

Fort Lauderdale Yesterday

I was wondering what you would recommend seeing when we come to Ft. Lauderdale in two weeks?

more
    • Wilcox Rd Area

Largo Jul 15, 2014 at 5:50 AM

Hi!

My family and I are interested in buying a condo in the Tampa area, it'll simply be a winter retreat for a couple months a year so our needs are relatively few - close proximity to a beach, somewhat close to shopping etc etc. We found a place off Wilcox Rd, specifically west of Vonn Rd. I was wondering what we can expect from the neighborhood.

I've encountered both positive and negative reviews about the city but it seems to be centered mostly around the Largo downtown area. I heard Dunedin and Clearwater may be more viable, but I'm hoping that Largo can provide what we're looking for.

Thanks for your help, we do plan to check the various areas out prior to purchasing but I would certainly appreciate some insight from people living in the area.

Thanks!

more
    • Romatic Things to do

Fort Lauderdale Jul 12, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Anyone know where I can take my wife on a romantic dinner in ft Lauderdale and things to do in Ft. Lauderdale? I am new to Florida area can anyone help?

more
    • Places in Ybor

Ybor City Jul 10, 2014 at 8:42 AM

What are some places to go to in Ybor as a family? We live on the other side of the bridge in Seminole, Fl.
      My mother is coming this weekend. My husband and I were thinking of taking her and our daughters, 9 and 11 years old there for the day on Saturday. Any suggestions on places to go?

more
    • what to do

Marco Island Jul 4, 2014 at 10:16 AM

R there any spas or yoga studios on Marco

Bike rentals for personal riding would be great

more
    • DECEMBER vacation

Orlando Jul 2, 2014 at 10:09 PM

I AM FROM SOUTH AFRICA. DECEMBER IS OUR SUMMER. WHAT WEATHER DOES ORLANDO HAVE IN DECEMBER?

more
    • Coach and train from Cocoa Beach to NYC

Cocoa Beach Jun 25, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Hi , Does anyone know if there a coach and/or a train from Cocoa Beach / Port Canaveral or nearby to NYC ?

more
    • coach or train from COCOA beach to NYC ?

Cocoa Beach Jun 25, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Is there a coach and a train service between Cocoa Beach and NYC ?

more
    • what should i pack for 2/18/225

by martis1939 Online Now Feb 16, 2014 at 8:08 AM

we are going to be in Ft Myers 2/18 thru 2/24 what type of clothes should I take

4 Answers Feb 22, 2014 at 5:11 PM
    • Dolphin Swim?

by nikkig926 Online Now Feb 1, 2014 at 1:47 AM

Where is the closest place to Fort Myers that I can swim with dolphins?

1 Answer Feb 1, 2014 at 2:17 AM
    • Amber232013's Profile Photo

how do i find bus schedule and rte?

by Amber232013 Online Now Dec 19, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I can't seem to find any valid or helpful info to take the bus. I see stops but can't find any information

2 Answers Dec 20, 2013 at 1:38 AM
    • Airport Employee

by safiG Online Now Nov 25, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I recently got a job at Southwest Airport. i was wondering what would be a good neighborhood to live in? not to far from the airport ,but safe to stay by myself.

1 Answer Dec 2, 2013 at 7:32 AM
    • Dean's dive center

by db1812 Online Now Jun 23, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Has anyone taken dive lesson's from Dean's? How good are their instructors?

1 Answer Jun 23, 2013 at 8:07 PM
    • Public transport from Fort Myers Sanibel area to Sarasota

by cavangal Online Now Nov 17, 2011 at 12:11 PM

I am trying to find public transportation between Summerlin Rd. area Fort Myers to Sarasota. Plans made for vacation in December but driver might have to cancel, so looking for transport to Sarasota bus/train/shuttle as I will be returning from Sarasota airport.
      I will use the SCAT from Ft. Myers airport to my hotel near Sanibel but need help please getting to Sarasota. Many thanks for any suggestions.

9 Answers Dec 2, 2011 at 11:28 AM
    • Public transportation

by maflynn Online Now Aug 10, 2010 at 5:58 AM

I will be accompanying my husband on a business trip to Fort Myers in mid Sept.
      Of course, Sanibel Island? captiva is #1 on my to do list. Is there good public transportation in the area? Is a car rental my best option?

3 Answers Aug 10, 2010 at 4:17 PM
    • Restaurants

by pjnstuie Online Now Apr 9, 2010 at 6:43 AM

Son is graduating from FGCU--looking for a nice dinner restaurant for one night and a casual by the water type!
      Thanks,
      PJ

5 Answers Apr 11, 2010 at 10:32 AM
    • Times for Tour

by ayalamanolson Online Now Dec 25, 2008 at 3:49 PM

What time is the Edison house open to tourists?

• accommodation - Fort Myers

by lydmet Online Now Sep 23, 2008 at 9:40 AM

We are looking for a reasonable priced 1 or 2 bedroom house or condo in the Fort Myers area to rent from 11th or 12th November until 2nd December. There are only my husband and myself travelling so 1 bedroom would be fine. your help would be appreciated.

regards Glynis

1 Answer Oct 20, 2012 at 5:33 AM
    • Marriage in Ft. Myers Area

by chula29 Online Now Apr 30, 2007 at 11:18 AM

Does anyone know of a good location in the Ft. Myers area for a sunset beach wedding? We are low maintenance and don't need the services of a hotel. It will just be me, my fiance, a notary, and two witnesses. Also, are there permits required for this type of intimate gathering if we end up on a public beach? Any ideas are welcomed!

EJ

• Looking for free internet access in ft myers

by b8tzm Online Now Mar 23, 2007 at 12:15 PM

Looking for free internet access in ft myers

Any restaurants, bars, grills, coffee shops have?

Thanks

1 Answer Oct 20, 2012 at 5:35 AM
    • Christmas evening tour

by Robertayoung Online Now Nov 5, 2006 at 1:37 PM

I would like to know if you will have the Christmas evening tours and the dates that they will be held.

• 2Dgulf

by 2Dgulf Online Now Apr 5, 2006 at 5:44 PM

I'm moving to the west coast of Florida in about a year and I really like Ft. Myers from an "Internet's-eye-view". I'm coming down to look around this summer. Is Ft. Myers the right place to start my search or are there better places between Tampa and Ft. Myers?

1 Answer Nov 1, 2006 at 4:04 AM
    • Local help

by Villaboy Online Now Feb 3, 2006 at 8:59 AM

We are UK residents with a vacation home in South east Fort Myers.
      Can any of you locals recommend the best beach and good restaurants.
      Thanks in advance for your help.

2 Answers Nov 1, 2006 at 4:06 AM
    • Southwest Florida International Airport

by Bradnie69 Online Now Jun 24, 2005 at 7:04 PM

Anyone on this forum that works at the airport.I am looking for any aviation fans that know whats going on at the airport.I am looking for companies that do aircraft maintenance at the airport.If any fans that know of any companies,please send me a email.
      Thankyou inadvance.
      Brad

• guide needed

by bobatfuntastic Online Now Mar 2, 2005 at 7:57 AM

I have a client who will be in Ft. Myers on April 12, 2005. She doesn't drive, but wants to take an eco-tour and a kayaking tour in the Punta Gorda area. She needs someone to spend the day driving her to both locations and back. We will pay for your time and driving expenses. (While it is not necessary for the guide to accomopany her on the tours, you would be welcome to do so at your own expense.) Please let me know what you would charge (and whether you would like to take the tours too. If so, I'll make the reservations at the same time I make hers).

• FORT MYERS BEACH

by FISHONN Online Now Feb 15, 2005 at 6:27 AM

We would like to go Fort Myers Beach the 1st. week in May, to go fishing, tarpon snook, reds, but now we are hearing that the water is brown, and muddy,as is the sand, is this true for this time of year? or all the time. doesn't sound very pretty.please help, what is a better place to go ????

4 Answers Feb 21, 2005 at 5:02 AM
    • Christmas Brunch

by Carla-SP Online Now Dec 18, 2004 at 8:02 AM

My husband and I will be arriving in Fort Myers on December 24th and are looking for a restaurant where we can have Christmas Brunch of Dinner. Any suggestions?

2 Answers Dec 22, 2004 at 12:46 PM
    • Ladies night

by JESS-NYC Online Now May 5, 2004 at 7:27 AM

Hello. I'm planning a bachlorette party for a friend in the area. Any one know of any strip clubs? Thanks.

• shelling in fort myers

by fredIII Online Now Dec 13, 2003 at 4:22 PM

hello everyone , i spent quite a bit of time in fort myers as a kid as my grandparents lived there , BUT its been 20 years since visiting. now i have my own kids and thought it was time to show them what an amazing place it is. I am wondering if anyone can tell me where the best shelling areas are in the area, as i dont remeber as a kid, my two boys are really showing an intersest in shells and actually seeing them in the water, we will be there throughout the the christmas holidays. so any help would be muchly appreciated. thanks fred

7 Answers Nov 1, 2006 at 4:07 AM
    • weather

by sunnysmile Online Now Apr 29, 2003 at 11:44 AM

we are planning to come to cape coral next year we are going to book a villa as we were in crystal river area first 2 weeks in april and there was a cold front when we arrived we would like to be more sure of the weather this time I have looked at the forcast as we were thinking last week in april first in may but you are having t storms when is the best time for the weather?

1 Answer Apr 30, 2003 at 12:39 PM
    • fortmyers to neworleans

by sunnysmile Online Now Apr 29, 2003 at 11:13 AM

my friends and I are planning to stay in cape coral they would like to take a break to new orleans I know there are flights from fortmyers but has anyone ever seen bargain breaks on any site or in your local holiday shops thank you everyone for your help so far

• Dry tortugas

by laval Online Now Mar 19, 2003 at 8:25 AM

I would like to visit Fort Jefferson and Dry tortugas and i would like to know if it is possible NOT to leave from Key West... I will be arriving in Florida trough Tampa and the best for me would be to take a seaplane out of Ft. Myers. The question is : "Does such a service exist?" or do you know any other way? Thank you!