Fort Myers Travel Answers

change location

Restaurants

by pjnstuie Online Now Apr 9, 2010 at 6:43 AM

Son is graduating from FGCU--looking for a nice dinner restaurant for one night and a casual by the water type!
Thanks,
PJ

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Re: Restaurants

by TOPSHELFPUBCRAWLER Online Now Apr 9, 2010 at 1:54 PM

From the University, turn right on Alico Rd then left (south) on 41 to the Ruth's Chris at Coconut Point (10 minutes from the university). I am typically not a huge fan of Ruth's Chris, but that is the finest I have ever visited. The Capital Grille is further down 41 as is a Flemmings. Further down towards Naples you can select Maxwell's on the Bay at Venetian Village, or The Chardonnay Nouveau Bar and Grill or a number of places on 3rd Street in Naples like Campiello or Fifth Avenue

Along the water in Ft. Meyers Beach is the Bayfront Bistro (my favorite) or casual along the Gulf of Mexico is the Junkanoo.

The closest Gulf Front Casual dining is South on 41, turn right onto Bonita Beach Blvd. called Docs Beach House (20 minutes away).

Enjoy the trip.

Cheers.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by pjnstuie Online Now Apr 9, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Thanks for the help.
    I know Naples has a much better/wider selection,but is it too far to drive--esp after a couple of bottles of wine??????
    What do you know about the Sandy Butler? We were trying to go local--avoiding Flemmings/Ruth Chris?
    Thanks for all your help,
    PJ

by TOPSHELFPUBCRAWLER Online Now Apr 10, 2010 at 5:29 PM

The Sandy Butler is a combination store and unique little restaurant. Never dined there but it is a fair distance from the University on San Carlos.

by pjnstuie Online Now Apr 11, 2010 at 7:46 AM

Thanks--did not realize it was that far!
    What about the Lighthouse Restaurant, on Port Comfort Rd???
    PJ

by TOPSHELFPUBCRAWLER Online Now Apr 11, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Hi PJ
    It actually a little farther. It is basically on the Causway headed towards Sanibel.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines