Fort Lauderdale Travel Answers

change location

hotels near cruise port

by joevob Online Now Mar 2, 2010 at 5:42 PM

can anyone advise the exact location of the cruise port.any hotel recomendationbs near the port would be appreciated

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Re: hotels near cruise port

by grandmaR Online Now Mar 2, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport is less than 2 miles from Port Everglades which is the name of the port. Port Everglades' primary entrance is from I-595, whose eastern terminus is the port's entrance road, Eller Drive. I-595 connects with I-95, which runs along the entire east coast of the United States, as well as the Florida Turnpike, Sawgrass Expressway and I-75.

We stayed the night before at the Sleep Inn and Suites which had a shuttle to the airport and also to the hotel.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • DSwede's Profile Photo

by DSwede Online Now Mar 3, 2010 at 4:09 AM

This is what google maps is good for:

maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

by grandmaR Online Now Mar 3, 2010 at 5:44 AM

Google maps doesn't tell you which hotels have a shuttle to the port. The hotel closest to the port isn't necessarily the best for the purpose.

• DSwede's Profile Photo

by DSwede Online Now Mar 3, 2010 at 4:42 PM

While I agree that is true, it does however give all addresses, contact details and links to reviews for any hotel listed.

Many hotels offer shuttle services to the port, but in reality they charge a fee of5~10 per person for this. If that is true, then a hotel that is close, whether or not it offers a shuttle, may be cost effective to hire a private taxi for the short fare.

• lovesxm's Profile Photo

by lovesxm Online Now Mar 8, 2010 at 10:59 AM

Well, the is the Marriot basically across the street.. there is the Lago Mar Beach Club where my mom belongs, but i think it is veryyyyy pricy! The Yankee Clipper isnt too far and not very expensive. The Bahia Cabana is a great place to stay,close to port and beach! The port is off of 17th street

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines