Fort Collins Travel Answers

change location
CaliHopkins's Profile Photo

relocation

by CaliHopkins Online Now Sep 6, 2006 at 1:12 PM

All right, I have heard a few rumors from CNN, but I would like the real story. I currently live in beautiful So Cal, and I find that due to family situations we need to be closer to Oklahoma-- not in Oklahoma you understand, just closer. In any case, we have 3 kids, ages 12,10 and 7. Want to see how the schools are, how the community is, how the cost of living is. Seems like it is much lower than I am used to, but just checking. Also have looked into CO Springs -- didnt see the wonders that everyone talks about there. Perhaps I just missed it?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

RE: relocation

by bocmaxima Online Now Sep 7, 2006 at 2:45 PM

I don't know much about it, but can offer what I've observed.
    I really like Fort Collins, but don't think a whole lot of CO Springs.
    The two towns actually have a lot in common, but, if you spend time in both, you'll see that they're quite different.
    The housing prices will be cheaper in Colorado compared to Southern California except for the mountain areas, Boulder and urban Denver (the good areas, that is).
    Fort Collins has been growing very quickly, so it does have quite a bit of traffic (but no freeways) and is relatively sprawling and spread out.
    It's a college town though, and has a beautiful Downtown district with lots of shops, restaurants and nightlife.
    hth

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines