Fort Collins Travel Answers

change location
travellingtoco's Profile Photo

Fort Collins in December

by travellingtoco Online Now Nov 14, 2004 at 1:52 PM

We are traveling to Fort Collins, CO in December. We'll be there about 5 days. Any suggestions on where to see? Where to eat? Good and/or bad sides of town? We are trying to decide whether or not to move there from California. We are also bringing our golden retriever... any suggestions for which hotels accept dogs? Thanks for any help!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • caffeine_induced78's Profile Photo

Re: Fort Collins in December

by caffeine_induced78 Online Now Nov 14, 2004 at 1:57 PM

You might be surprised to know that some of the low elevation trails in Rocky Mountain National Park are pretty free of snow that time of year. That would be mostly in the Wild Basin area in the Southeast corner of the park. There are some nice little waterfalls and rapids along the creek that the trail follows. Also the New Belgium Brewing Company, famous for it's "Fat Tire" beer is based in Fort Collins. I believe they give tours. Other than that - I have not spent a whole bunch of time in Fort Collins.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Rixie's Profile Photo

Re: Fort Collins in December

by Rixie Online Now Nov 14, 2004 at 7:32 PM

I was surprised at how many hotels were on the list: pets-allowed-hotels.com/us/C...

• Sagespot's Profile Photo

RE: Fort Collins in December

by Sagespot Online Now Nov 26, 2005 at 4:02 AM

Make sure you take some time to walk around in Old Towne, usually the holiday lights are up and it looks beautiful if there's a touch of snow on the ground. You could always take a drive (north of town) up the Poudre Canyon or go up West of town to Horsetooth res. Both of those are decent drives if the roads are good.

I moved to Ft. Collins from Des Moines and stayed for six years, returning only to care for my aging father - otherwise I'd still be there!! We go back to visit about twice a year.

In general the town is small, much smaller in the summer when the university is out, but it had a ton of cultural venues, is centrally located between Denver and the Wyoming border, and a ton of other great things. I highly recommend making the move!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines