Fort Collins Travel Answers

change location

Colarado driving

by SBMRH Online Now Feb 15, 2003 at 7:51 PM

Hi all, I'm working on an extended contract in Fort Collins. I'm hoping to get some skiing in over the weekend. The company I'm working for handles all my travel arrangements. The car they have rented for me is a Ford Mustang. My question is will I have trouble with this car in the snow? I don't have much experience in snow conditions. The local weather is not telling me too much about road conditions. Last question... Anybody interested in a day of skiing on me? You drive I'll pay! Mark

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • AGBAT's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Colarado driving

by AGBAT Online Now Feb 16, 2003 at 9:49 AM

This late in the season you should be fine. Most of the storms are over and the roads are clear. Spring skiing is what Colorado is famous for. Sunny days, relatively warm weather--there use to be a bikini ski contest in Purgatory over the spring break week. You may have a late spring storm but the roads will be cleared quickly, especially down in the flat lands around Ft Collins. If you try to drive over some of the higher passes you can have trouble -even in August I have hit snow above 10,000-but I drove a two wheel drive all over those hills and never needed chains. The rental agency will have snow tires mounted if they are needed.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Seabiscuit's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Colarado driving

by Seabiscuit Online Now Feb 16, 2003 at 10:02 AM

Oh, Lordy..... This is the time of year when we get MOST of the snow. A Mustang is fairly safe, it's the 'loose nuts' behind the wheel that make for interesting driving. Makes no difference what kind (brand) of car you are in, it's how in control you are of it. Colorado is in the midst of a *major-league* drought right now, so the precipitation is at a minimum. Heck, I'll go skiing w/ you, but you'll have to make it to Denver (btw, I have 'heated seats' in my car..... just found 'em!) (LOL!) Jeff-

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines