Formia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Parking in Tivoli

Tivoli Jul 19, 2014 at 4:54 AM

Can you give me some idea as to where I can park my car when visiting Villa Éste? I think there is a car park available at Villa Adriana. Am I correct?

more
    • Rome to Cortona by train

Rome Jul 3, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Understand there are two stops near Cortona - Terontola or Camucia. Is one a better choice than the other? Are there buses/taxis from either to Cortona? Should we book the train in advance or just go from the airport in Rome to Termini Station and buy a ticket there? On the return trip, we have a morning flight back to the US and so will go back to Rome the day before. Can you recommend a hotel close to the Termini Station or are there actually airport hotels that would be a better choice? Thanks

more
    • Taxi from Fiumicino airport to Via Garibaldi, Trastevere

Rome Jul 15, 2014 at 3:09 PM

Can I (and where, website?)pre-book taxi from the Fiumicino airport to Trastevere (Via Garibaldi)?
      What would be the fare?

more
    • JoyS59's Profile Photo

Rome at the end of July? Let's maybe do lunch?

Rome Jul 4, 2014 at 1:01 AM

Would love to meet up with anyone who will be in Rome near the end of July? I will be there and would love to sit and have a snack/lunch/a conversation with you all.

Hope to hear from someone (or couple people!)

Thanks

more
    • Men's incontinence products

Rome Jul 3, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Where can I purchase there disposable underwear?

more
    • danes0602's Profile Photo

5 days in Rome

Rome 7 hours ago

Hello fellow travelers! My friends and I will be in Rome for 5 days (Sept 26 - 30, 2014). What's your advice on purchasing the Roma Pass? Is it better than booking directly online (for the Colosseum, museums, etc.)?
      Any off the beaten path spots to see in Rome?

Also, we found an affordable apartment. We'll be staying at Holiday And Rome (in Piazza Tommaso De Cristoforis). Any feedback on this (location-wise, review, etc.)?

I would appreciate your feedback and suggestions. Thank you!

more
    • romemuseum.com-purchasing tours

Rome Jul 9, 2014 at 9:56 AM

what are your thoughts on this service?

more
    • Electrical appliances

Rome Jul 15, 2014 at 7:25 AM

I am aware we need a special adaptor for our electrical appliances but now hearing we may need a transformer too??
      My biggest concern is my Sleep Apnea Machine that I can't live without. Help!

more
    • Delay in transit from Port to FCO

Civitavecchia Jul 12, 2014 at 12:46 PM

We arrive in port early AM but our return flight (Fiumicino) is late afternoon. Any suggestions for an interesting way to spend about 3 hours either in Civitavecchia or en route? Remember we will have luggage.

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

3 days in Rome

Rome Jul 3, 2014 at 7:01 AM

I am visiting in mid October and have 3 full days for Rome (and 1 day for Pompeii as day trip from Rome).

Should I see Rome first for 3 days then head to Pompeii / the other way round or any views if this does not make a difference?

For 3 full days in Rome, how best can I maximise? I am planning to visit Vatican City, Collosseum, Pantheon amongst others - can someone give me some pointers?

I will be staying near Roma Termini - is everything walkable and any good recommendation for food?

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Day trip to Pompeii from Rome

Rome Jul 2, 2014 at 9:21 AM

I have full days in Rome and 1 full day for Pompeii. I would like to find out:

- the best route to get to Pompeii. I will be staying near Roma Termini. I checked this out but there are a couple of trains and I wasn't very sure of the station name in Pompeii. Do I head to Napoli first - again there are a few Napoli station

- if I have 1 full day, how is it best to maximise to see Pompeii? Do I get tickets in advance and is there any specific day that it is closed etc? Any specific tips would be helpful.

How much time do I have to allocate to get back to Rome? This will be in mid October - any tips on when sunsets and attractions close would help. Thanks :)

more
    • Restaurant

Rome Jul 15, 2014 at 3:01 PM

I will be staying at the spanish steps next week in Rome
      Any ideas for nice italian restaurants, worth the visit in the area or in Rome in general
      Thank you
      Ilias

more
    • Clothing needed for touring

Rome Jul 8, 2014 at 10:25 AM

What type of clothes will we need in Late October and Early November for touring? What type of clothes for a nice dinner?

more
    • bus from cruise port gate to the train station

Civitavecchia Jul 1, 2014 at 2:54 PM

where do you pick up the bus from the cruise port to the train station?

more
    • Ferries in October

by beejay421 Online Now May 21, 2014 at 4:46 PM

We want to go to Formia in mid-October--is this the best town to make as a headquarters to explore the area? Is there an old town center? Does anyone know if the ferries will be running to Ponza and the islands. Thanks for the help.

• transpotation

by madeitjo Online Now Feb 18, 2011 at 12:33 PM

We are planning on flying into Naples and staying in Sorrento, how would we get to Formia from these locations? Is there a train that goes to Formia from Sorrento or Naples? And from Formia back to the Naple's Airport. And how much is the boat (alascafi) to Ponza?

3 Answers Feb 19, 2011 at 5:40 AM
    • Looking for info. on locating family in Formia- Itri area

by palmaccio-schiro Online Now Apr 16, 2006 at 3:39 PM

I will be traveling to Italy in July and would like any information on a small fishing village in Itri outside Formia. I will only have half of a day to attempt to track down some family roots. I'm told that there is a villa and a street with our family name of "Palmaccio" but I've yet to stumble upon anyhting that matches this. If you know of a way to get a detailed map of the area or of any information relating to this area I'd appreciate it.
      Thanks

5 Answers Feb 19, 2007 at 12:58 AM
    • Need Serious Advice

by TouristSearching Online Now Mar 15, 2006 at 4:41 AM

Would be moving to the Formia Area in Italy. I am searching for public schools for my children. I need some adive on reputable elementary schools. Please help if you can.

• Self catering for a family in Formia

by Gleni Online Now Mar 10, 2006 at 3:38 AM

I am looking for simple self catering accommodation for a family (2 adults, 4 children)in Formia this summer. Can anybody recommend anything? We want to be in Formia itself as we will be travelling on public transport and want to visit places such as Rome, Pompeii etc. Thank you.

• Fuente's Profile Photo

Buses

by Fuente Online Now Nov 1, 2005 at 8:42 PM

Is there a bus that goes from Rome to Formia

2 Answers Nov 2, 2005 at 7:45 AM
    • how to get to from naples airport

by ciaran22 Online Now Mar 3, 2005 at 12:23 PM

travelling to formia for a wedding this summer and iam looking for advice on the best way to get to formia from naples airport.will be arriving in naples airport on a saturday morning about 10:00am.
      Any advice would be very helpfull (ie.what modes of transport are available,how long it would take?etc.)

2 Answers Mar 3, 2005 at 1:40 PM
    • Formia

by DanielleMarie Online Now Jan 25, 2005 at 11:58 AM

I have never been to Formia..and probably never will..I travelled Italy and missed it! So , dissapointed because my grandparents are from there! Please let me know where I can get more information!

1 Answer Nov 1, 2005 at 8:51 PM
    • unravelau's Profile Photo

Formia as a destination

by unravelau Online Now Feb 5, 2003 at 4:18 PM

How many vters have been to Formia?

4 Answers Apr 4, 2003 at 3:01 PM