Former Republic of Serbia and Montenegro Travel Answers

change location
Esc's Profile Photo

To Montenegro with an EU ID card

by Esc Online Now Dec 18, 2004 at 12:25 AM

Hello! I can enter Montenegro with an ID card if I´m from an EU country. gom.cg.yu/eng/mininos/vijest... I can´t enter Serbia with an ID card if I´m from an EU country. http://www.mfa.gov.yu/Visas/VisasR.htm What happens if I´m going from Montenegro to Serbia? Is there a passport control on the Montenegrian-Serbian border? If there isn´t any, how can I get out of the country from Serbia if I (illegally?) entered with only an ID card?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • mariev's Profile Photo

Re: To Montenegro with an EU ID card

by mariev Online Now Dec 18, 2004 at 2:13 AM

Hi, I'm also an EU citizen (France) and was asked for only my ID card to enter Serbia in september this year I didn't notice any formal border control for EU citizens between Serbia and Montenegro (but some road controls with ID check) While reading the 2nd site you quote i saw 'all types of travel documents' (should include ID card) I think, the best - to be sure - is to contact the nearest Serbia and Montenegro ambassy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • babeteaser's Profile Photo

Re: Re: To Montenegro with an EU ID card

by babeteaser Online Now Dec 18, 2004 at 7:25 AM

When in doubt take a passport! Can save you a lot of trouble. If you are in the middle of nowhere and some dumbo makes problems you are on your own!

• KonstantinII's Profile Photo

by KonstantinII Online Now Dec 19, 2004 at 5:33 AM

I agree with babeteaser. It doesn't hurt to bring the passport with you. Have fun!

• travelthrough's Profile Photo

by travelthrough Online Now Dec 20, 2004 at 9:03 AM

Is there any control between Serbia and Montenegro? As far as I know the border is fluent and there is no real border except the mountain-passages maybe! As a EU-citizen an ID will do in Montenegro that is for sure - at least when you travel from Croatia to Montenegro like I did. Good luck!

• Matthuffy's Profile Photo

by Matthuffy Online Now Jan 10, 2005 at 8:02 AM

you do not need a visa or anything anymore!! you can pass as you like where you like! that was old news the visa etc.. the only thing that will be done is that the hotel will signe you into the police as this is required still! but apart from that you can enter as you like where you like:)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Former Republic of Serbia and Montenegro Travel Answer Locations