Travel Answers
Forest Hills

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• lake placid, ny, lakeside accommodation and must see places?

Lake Placid Feb 5, 2015 at 5:38 AM

My son, his wife, and 1 yr. old son would like personal recommendations for a 1-2 bedroom
      accommodation with lakeview, possibly a small house. Also they'll be there for 4 days in June, so are
      interested to know what would be some nice sights or places to visit.
      Thanks in advance!

more
    • Save Valentine's Day and help me NAME THIS

New York City Feb 3, 2015 at 7:57 PM

I wanted to surprise my girlfriend with a GREAT Valentine's Day surprise, but she's REALLY picky about food. I was browsing through her Facebook pics and I saw one with the caption "Get food, better company" (pic attached) but I can't identify the restaurant from the post. Do you recognize the decor?? If you do, and you can tell me the name of the restaurant I (and my girlfriend!!) will love you forever and you'll save Valentine's Day!

cdn2.vtourist.com/13/7295888...">

more
    • BLL2-IDWTR's Profile Photo

Kayaking over Staten Island

New York City Feb 7, 2015 at 2:53 AM

I wish I could visit the ship graveyard from the river side. Any idea someone ?

more
    • where are the Dominican and Puerto Rican women at in NYC nowadays ?

New York City Feb 17, 2015 at 7:19 PM

i'm young male who has not been to NYC in over 8 years and i was asking this question because i am interested in dating a Dominican or Puerto Rican woman, could you guys tell me what are the best places/neighborhoods in NYC to meet these women ? thank you.

more
    • Suitcase in NYC

New York City 5 hours ago

I´m going to buy a new suitcase in NYC. Any store to recommend with affordable prices?

more
    • Skyline views

New York City Feb 9, 2015 at 11:56 AM

Can you recommend the best bars with a great view of the city? We are celebrating a special occasion. Thanks!

more
    • Comedy Night

New York City Feb 9, 2015 at 11:54 AM

Please can you recommend the best comedy night? We would prefer a more intimate audience, not too pricey and somewhere the locals go?

more
    • New York Yankees Game

New York City Feb 26, 2015 at 9:32 PM

I am looking for nice place to stay in New York City that allows easy travel to Yankee Stadium.

more
    • NYE in NYC

New York City Feb 13, 2015 at 12:00 AM

Hi all we are travelling from Australia in December to spend NYE In NYC. Although the dropping of the ball was my first option but 12 hours in the snow or 1000s of $ for a special function or room with a view has ended that. I have found some great cruises though so excited about doing that and watching the fireworks. Was looking for some advice. At this stage the cornucopia majesty looks great. Has anyone done this trip on NYE ? I'd love to hear your reviews on this or other crusies.....?

more
    • jess_nutella's Profile Photo

Short listed places to stay.. safety/convenience/food etc etc...

New York City Yesterday

Hi I'm travelling to NYC for the first time with my partner for 5 days. We are in our mid-twenties and really love food.
      We are trying to decide on a place to stay and are tossing up between:
      1) Upper West Side- West 107th Street (my top choice based on the description and reviews of the place)
      2) Lower East End - Henry St
      3) East Village - East 7th St
      4) Union Sq/Gramercy Park - East 14th St
      5) Upper East side - 89th St
      6) East Village/Gramercy Park - East 15th St

Do any of these stand out as being very good areas (safety, food, convenience) or are they all about the same? Do any of these stand out as being places to avoid? Or are there places directly surrounding these areas that should be avoided?

more
    • Bushwick Brooklyn

New York City Feb 5, 2015 at 2:29 PM

Sent message before signing up. Don't know if it went through.

I am a 63 year old, Caucasian, female. I have an old classmate that lives in Bushwick. He is a musician. I would love to come visit but a little nervous. He has told me NY is very different than the NW. Have to think of safety. I am a straight, no drink nor drug person. Don't know why I felt I needed to say that. Anyway, would love to connect with people in Bushwick to get their views and more info.

Thanks

more
    • DIY store in NYC

New York City Feb 28, 2015 at 4:16 AM

My girlfriend loves DIY and when I´m in NYC I would like to buy some stuff to her. Is there any good DIY store that you can recommend? At the moment she likes to produce her own soap and candles :-)

I would appreciate all help I can get!

more
    • Hoping for a special NY getaway

New York City Feb 12, 2015 at 12:05 PM

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to NYC from 2/27 to 3/2. She doesn't know but I am planning on proposing while on this trip. I want a hotel in a good location... (I was thinking Times Square but am open to any suggestions)..around $125 or so per night. It is the 1 year anniversary of our first date and we want a memorable romantic experience. I had a carriage ride in central park in mind. Any suggestions on what to do/see and suggestions on where would be a great place to propose would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

more
    • First trip to NY this December

New York City Feb 8, 2015 at 5:01 AM

We are planning our very first trip to nyc this December. We will have 3.5 days to sight see and shop. We want to do Rockefeller center, all of the window displays, a couple of Christmas markets, radio city Christmas spectacular, Soho, little Italy, chinatown, staten island ferry to see the statue of liberty, central park, grand central terminal, Greenwich village, times square, the Brooklyn bridge, we will walk by and see the empire state building and the Chrysler building as well, and top of the rock. Looking for suggestions on anything I missed, places to eat, and how to set up an itinerary. We are staying at The Manhattan at times square. Help will b greatly appreciated!

more
    • Birthday in New York City

New York City Feb 6, 2015 at 1:14 PM

I am taking my Mom to New York City for her Birthday in March. Neither one of us have ever been there. I booked us at the Warwick, and have purchased tickets for a show. I would like to take her out for a special celebration dinner, somewhere that will help make her trip very special. Any suggestions?

more
    • nikooru_who's Profile Photo

What do you know?

New York City Feb 15, 2015 at 2:31 AM

Hey, I'm
      Going to NYC this May with family. I know they will want to see the typical landmarks etc.
      Although I would like to venture off to some interesting places to see/eat. Do you know any cool places to visit?/tips/money saving ideas.

What Broadway shows play at this sort of time?

Thanks x

more
    • limsr's Profile Photo

Which places/hotels are recommended in NYC?

New York City Feb 25, 2015 at 7:38 AM

Hi all, I am from Singapore and it will be my first time to New York, there are a couple of questions I would like to ask.

1. I will be travelling with a few other friends to New York in mid July and we are looking for affordable hotels/hostels which are in the more 'convenient' neighbourhoods. Which would be recommended?

2. What are the must-see and do in New York? A few of the places we are looking at are the Times Square, Coney Island, Central Park and Brooklyn Bridge. I went on the web to search, there were many results and I would like to hear the opinions from locals or people who know NYC.

3. Oh yes, and how do I get from New York to Boston? Aside from domestic flights as most flights have got a baggage limit of about 23kg. I'm looking at buses or trains but I'm hearing that the metro can be quite confusing as it is my first time there. As for buses, there are a few operators, which is recommended?

4. Lastly, is there anything else I need to take note of when I am there? Any difference in culture or similar that I will have to know of?

Thank you for reading, help is very much appreciated smiley

more
    • staying in manhateen or brooklyn

New York City Feb 4, 2015 at 1:38 AM

hi

im coming to new york with my wife and 2 children (6 and 9) for 7 nights in september.

im looking at renting an apartment through the airbnb website,as cheaper than a hotel.

there are several properties i have seen in entral manahatten,and brooklyn,and would appreciate if someone could give me some advice on where to stay.

the advantage of staying in central manhatten,is we are near all the attractions,but the rooms seem smaller and more expensive than brooklyn.

the advantage of staying in brooklyn,is that we seem to get more for our money,bigger rooms,and it woould be nice to go back to our apartment in the eveving,away from the hussle and bussle of new york,and relax in a local brooklyn bar or restaurant.

the downside is that we would have to journey in and out of manhatten every day.

below are a few address i have looked at.can anyone adive what sort of neighbourhoods these are line,and if they are neat the subway lines,local bars,restaurants,ect?can anyone advise of nice areas in brooklyn,near the subway and family friendly bars/restaurants?

S 3rd St, Brooklyn, NY 11211, United States
      3rd Street, Brooklyn, NY 11231, United States

many thanks

andy

more