Forest City

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Vacation rental

Nags Head Jul 3, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I am seeking oceanfront or semi-oceanfront lodging for the week (or partial week) of Aug 10 or Aug 17,2014. Since there will only be 3 of us, I am looking for a small house, condo or efficiency. I have never been to the outer banks. I know nothing about the reliability of the rental companies Does anyone have any suggestions for a place for us? Thanks

more
    • Where to stay

Bald Head Island Jun 16, 2014 at 1:50 PM

What's the best part of the island to stay? Is there enough activity to keep a 12 year old happy and busy?

more
    • Carolina Beach, NC

Carolina Beach Jul 3, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Hello - we have booked a room facing the beach at the Dolphin Lane Motel 318 Carolina Beach Ave North, Carolina Beach, NC for the week of 7-14. In looking at the ratings, i'm not sure it's the best place to stay. We want to stay on the beach. It's myself, and my 2 daughters. Do you have any suggestions? We are flying home from the Raleigh airport.
      Thanks - Christine

more
    • fall color

Great Smoky Mountains National Park Jun 12, 2014 at 11:29 AM

we want to see the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Smokey Mountains; is the best time for fall color early or late October?

more
    • about river cruise

New Bern Jul 5, 2014 at 8:04 AM

where would I be able to book a tour for the river boat cruise?

more
    • Am flying from Nashville, TN-end destination is Nags Head, or somewhere along that area

North Carolina Jun 12, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Recommendations where to fly into? How to get to my end destination once I arrive? Best area to visit and stay? Am interested in private house with pool, and beach.

Thanks!!

more
    • 20 day roadtrip starting and ending in Chapel Hill, NC

North Carolina Jul 7, 2014 at 7:20 PM

Hi all! My boyfriend and I are planning a ~3 week long roadtrip in the South this summer. We're flying down to Chapel Hill and taking a car from there (we're starting in Chapel Hill because I have family there who are willing to lend us their car). We have 20 days altogether, and are a bit overwhelmed. We want to see a lot of places, and my boyfriend's willing to drive for long stretches at once (and overnight), but we also don't want to overload our schedule. How far Southwest do you think is reasonable? My boyfriend grew up in the South but has never really traveled Southwest, so if we could make it into the New Mexico area that would be awesome. But we also realize that might be too far. We were thinking of doing a loop, so going as far South and West as possible and then heading back to Chapel Hill a little more North (i.e. going through Kentucky).

Things we want to do/see: -beautiful countryside number 1--we want to hike, a beach is also always great, maybe even camping -good food
      -maybe horseback riding? And other outdoorsy activities...
      -visit culturally vibrant cities (New Orleans etc.)

I've heard that since we're going to be in Chapel Hill, Asheville is a must. I'm also thinking we should hit up Savannah and New Orleans? If we do make it as far West as New Mexico (assuming we went through New Orleans first) how should we navigate Texas (i.e. what cities are worth making a detour to visit)? Is it unrealistic to think we could get that far West though?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. We're planning on nailing down some accommodation reservations, and then figuring it out other times.

Thank you!

more
    • furfurking's Profile Photo

camping on the beach?

Bald Head Island Jun 18, 2014 at 7:06 AM

We were wanting to pitch a tent for a few nights on the beach (no fire, just tent) is this permissible?

more