Travel Answers
Fontevrault-l'Abbaye

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• HenriettaStackpole's Profile Photo

How to reach Fontevrault-l'Abbaye by bus from Tours on a Saturday in late November

by HenriettaStackpole Online Now Sep 12, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I am traveling by public transportation (I don't drive) and would like to reach Fontevrault-l'Abbaye from Tours on a Saturday morning. After visiting the Abbaye, I would like to proceed by bus to Saumur. I've been looking at the agglobus website and haven't found a solution. I considered going from Tours to Saumur and then taking a bus, but it seems that the earliest train from Tours to Saumur arrives 15 minutes after the bus departs from Saumur to the Abbaye. So my other solution is to go by bus from Tours directly to the Abbaye. I tried calling the tourist office in Saumur but my French is poor and we didn't understand each other. Perhaps it is impossible but I thought I'd check in with the helpful people here to see if you know of a solution. Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 1:13 PM
    • Wangi's Profile Photo

How to get there

by Wangi Online Now May 31, 2013 at 5:04 PM

intending to take my wife and our two girls to Saumur then to the Abbey how can i get from Saumur to the abbey
      your answers will be much appreciated
      Danny

12 Answers Jun 2, 2013 at 12:28 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

To the Abbey!

by SandiM Online Now Jan 31, 2011 at 8:16 PM

If I am staying 1 night in Tours, and want to visit both Azay le Rideau and the Abbey Fontevraud (Fontevrault, same place?) in the same morning (can't go longer than 1 morning, have to catch the train to Chartres that afternoon), how do we do it by public transport? (no car, just train or bus, there and back to Tours, please?). Rolling a couple new spots to visit around in my mind....

6 Answers Feb 1, 2011 at 8:05 AM