Folkestone Travel Answers

change location

travel information

by grammiejacques Online Now Aug 24, 2010 at 9:24 AM

a couple of questions...first is there a bus or train from Dover Ferry to Folkestone? Also is the Asda store a fairly large store? I am living in France at present and trying to find a store that sells weight watcher products...thanks so much

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: travel information

by leics Online Now Aug 24, 2010 at 12:36 PM

No idea about the size of Folkestone's Asda, but even their small ones will sell some Weightwatcher products, in my experience.

There is a National Express bus from the ferry port to Folkestone 3x per day. Times, fares and booking here;

nationalexpress.com/coach/in...

Otherwise, I think you will have to go into the town to catch he ordinary buses. More than one service. Search for 'dover' and 'folkestone' here:

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/

You can also get the train, of course. www.nationalrail.co.uk

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • cubsur's Profile Photo

Re: travel information

by cubsur Online Now Aug 24, 2010 at 10:34 PM

There are two large Sainsbury stores in Folkestone. Sainsbury has its own range of healthy eating products. They don't have store in Dover.

www.sainsbury.co.uk - click store locator for details

One is very close to the Channel Tunnel terminal and only accessible with a car, the other is in the town centre. There is also one in Deal, which is not far from Dover.

To get to Folkestone from Dover you have to make a short journey (about a mile) to Dover Priory railway station where there is a train to Folkestone every 30 minutes, or to the Pencester Road bus station where buses leave for Folkestone about every 20 minutes.

The ADSA at Folkestone is one of their medium sized outlets and is also in te town centre.

The Dover Tesco store at Whitfield is about 2.5 miles from the ferry terminal, so you might need a taxi to get there and back with your bags of shopping!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines