Focsani

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• CLUBS IN CONSTANTA

Constanta Dec 31, 2014 at 3:14 AM

Hi can you tell me if there is a club in Constanta called The Street...?

more
    • MsLena's Profile Photo

Transylvania by Car

Romania Jan 17, 2015 at 11:11 AM

Hi My daughter and I have booked a five days trip to Bucharest and Transylvania this Easter. For our Transylvania road trip we have some questions we hope someone can help us with. We have two scenarios for the road trip:

Scenario 1: 

Day 1:

Land at Bukarest Otopeni at 3 p.m. and pick up the car. 

Drive to Sinaia and spend the night

Day 2:

Visit Peles Castle

Visit Bran Caste

Visit Rasnov Fortress

(Visit Brasov)

Visit Viscri

Spend the night in Sighisoara

Day 3:

Visit Sighisoara

(Visit Sibiu)

Visit Vidraru Dam

Drive Transfagarasan Highway

(Visit Poenari Fortress)

Drop off car in Bucharest

Scenario 2: 

Day 1:

Land at Bukarest Otopeni at 3 p.m. and pick up the car

Drive to Sinaia and spend the night

Day 2:

Visit Peles Castle

Visit Bran Caste Visit Rasnov Fortress Visit Brasov Spend the night in Brasov

Day 3:

Visit Făgăraş

Visit Sambata de Sus

Visit Vidraru Dam

Drive Transfagarasan Highway

(Visit Poenari Fortress)

Drop off car in Bucharest

Questions:

1. Is scenario 1 above doable during the time we have?  This is the one we prefer at this time.

2. Is Sighisoara MUCH more beautiful than Brasov and Sibiu? Is the detour in scenario 1 worth the time to visit Sighisoara and Viscri?

3. Should we skip Brasov and/or Sibiu if we are going to Sighisoara to save time? (If time will be a problem in scenario 1)

4. From Sighisoara to Vidraru Dam. Should we go by road DN14/E68/DN7C via Sibiu or should we go the smaller road 106/105/E68/DN7C via Apold/Netus/Agnita/Cincu/Soila? Of course a scenic road is preferable, but time is of more importance.

5. Are all the sights mentioned above worth visiting? We do not want to spend time on any mediocre or halfway interesting sights.

6. Does any of the sights close during Easter? Day 1 of out trip will be Ascension Day.

Thanks from Lena

more
    • Buses to the Vrancea mountain villages

by matsen Online Now Aug 25, 2009 at 5:17 AM

Are there any buses going between Focsani and the villages Lepsa, Tulnici and Nereju? (I'm planning to hike, starting in Lepsa and finishing in Tulnici or Nereju)

3 Answers Aug 25, 2009 at 10:32 AM
    • telephone number

by ziomario Online Now Jan 7, 2009 at 2:15 PM

please i need the phone number of central station of focsani , where i can ask about trip from focsani to bucuresti the 09.01.2009 prox.
      best regard

1 Answer Jan 8, 2009 at 12:34 AM
    • netjohn's Profile Photo

Umbraresti-Deal info

by netjohn Online Now May 23, 2004 at 10:40 AM

Hello, I'm looking for information on a village called Umbraresti-Deal. It's off the road between Galati and Tecuci. I would appreciate any form of information and/or photos. I'm looking for the way of life, the people, the houses, streets etc., the work they do, the places they go, how they live and of course any contact with someone who actually lives there. This is a place I've selected to study in detail and whenever I can, I want to go there and meet the people and live, for at least a while, with them. Unfortunately I cannot speak Romanian, only English and Spanish. In anticipacion, I thank you very much. Yours sincerely, john.

• Mareseti Focsani

by mambo69cat Online Now Apr 24, 2004 at 2:25 AM

We are visiting this area in the late summer with our daughter who was born in Mareseti. Is there anyone around who knows the area well Chris

2 Answers Jun 1, 2005 at 3:10 AM