Florida City Travel Answers

change location
andthenjust's Profile Photo

Miami Metrorail/bus to Florida City

by andthenjust Online Now Mar 1, 2011 at 9:06 PM

I'm planning on arriving in Miami at 7pm via Amtrak in June. However, I would like to spend most of my nights in Florida City because it has good access to the region. Even though i'm getting pretty familiar with the tranist system, I was wondering if travelling alone upon my arrival is a good idea? I'll have two small bags, but does that mean "easy target" at night? Should I wait the night over at a hotel in Miami? Do I watch do much t.v? Is it safer than some make it out to be?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • yvr's Profile Photo

Re: Miami Metrorail/bus to Florida City

by yvr Online Now Mar 3, 2011 at 6:20 AM

Yes, you watch too much TV, don't let your immagination get the best of you.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • donato1899's Profile Photo

by donato1899 Online Now Mar 5, 2011 at 5:34 PM

1the Amtrak train is rarely on time when it gets to Miami, really Hialeah.
    2 the short walk to the metro rail and the trip south to the end of the line will be one hour minimum.
    3 the metro bus ride to Florida city must be at least another hour.
    If you are going to Florida City that night, make sure you contact the hotel and find out how far they are from the busway.
    You might be better off staying at either Dadeland North or Dadeland, the last two stops on metro rail and taking the bus to Florida City the next morning.
    How are you planning on getting out into the Everglades once you get to Florida City?

• andthenjust's Profile Photo

by andthenjust Online Now Mar 8, 2011 at 4:08 AM

I'm considering hotels around Dadeland stations, but the hotels in Florida City are cheap and there's also a great hostel that welcomes late arrivals (and told me to 'go for it'. I'm hoping to spend at least one night in Miami, somewhere very nice, but not when i'm checking in so late. Aren't most of the hotels in Fl. City centered along the Dixie Highway? If worse comes to worse, it doesnt seem like that much of an ordeal to find a bed. Does it? I'm mostly focused on visiting some of the beaches along the Keys, but do you have any tips for a nice day trip/tour in the Glades from Fl. City? Budget isn't really my issue, I just want to be sensible and safe during the trip..and get around without a car. Like any big city, I assume Miami can be pretty wicked and overwhelming to a tourist. I really appreciate your advice. Do you think its a better idea to just get where i'm going in the morning? Some basic pointers for using transit there/surviving? Thanks so much.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines