Travel Answers
Florence

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Which is the best way to travel from Florence to San Gimignano and then onto Cortona?

by antonneau Online Now Apr 12, 2014 at 6:24 PM

We would like to take a bus or train from Florence to San Gimignano and then onto Cortona. Any ideas which is the best way to travel to San Gimignano, bus or train? And can we then take a bus to Cortona from San Gimignano? Which city would your recommend we stay at a night or two, San Gimignano or Cortona? We will be traveling with our 3 children all in their 20's, in August of this year and will spend most of our time in Florence.
      Thank you for any advice here!!!

more
    • Size 34 ladies shoes

by sandrahooper Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Hi, I am a size 34 in shoes and have a lot of trouble finding shoes to fit. Does anyone know if size 34 is standard in Florence, and if not, does anyone know if there shops that stock smaller sizes. I am looking for sandals, boots and walking shoes.

more
    • No Question Title

by roselop Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Hello! I am planning to visit the Tuscany region on June 26 to June 30 with my 3 adult children. Should we make Florence our base & just take day trips to Siena & San Gimignano? Would you recommend going to Cinque Terre? Would appreciate your advice. Thank you!

more
    • transfer between Pertola airport and city center

by margaret13 Online Now Mar 28, 2014 at 2:57 AM

Hi
      can you tell me how much it would cost to get a taxi or bus from airport to somewhere in city center as yet i do not have an address for apartment

more
    • Best area to stay in Florence

by mgoncalves Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 4:22 AM

I'm torn between staying in the Duomo area vs Piazza Tasso vs Arno, i'm travelling with husband and 2 boys, where is the best place to stay?

more
    • elp's Profile Photo

Pistoia travel in March...

by elp Online Now Nov 20, 2013 at 7:45 AM

I wish to go from Florence to Pistoia.... Can somebody tell me where can I find train tables and costs?
      Is any train direct from Pisa or Bologna to Pistoia?
      Thanks a lot.
      Elisabete.

2 Answers Nov 23, 2013 at 3:50 AM
    • OldCurmudgeon's Profile Photo

Olive Wood Kitchen Utensils

by OldCurmudgeon Online Now Nov 15, 2013 at 9:55 AM

I will be looking to pick up two separate sets/collections of olive wood kitchen utensils as gifts and do not wish to pay a fortune.
      Do any of the Flea Markets offer them for sale and which Flea Markets would give me the best opportunities for finding them? Also, would this be the best and least expensive way to acquire them? I will also be in Rome and Milan for a number of days if one knows of greater savings that would be available in those areas. We are talking about collecting 6-10 utensils per set; mix/match and of a fairly good quality. What type of prices would we be talking about?
      Any help or advice would be appreciated; in advance, Thank you

• Best time to book travel to Florence, Italy?

by stocktic Online Now Nov 15, 2013 at 7:43 AM

My wife and I are planning to visit Florence in mid-May 2014. We have been watching airline fares from Atlanta, GA to Florence which have risen slightly in the last month. It is said the best time to book flight seats is 6 weeks in advance. I'm unsure about this stat for international flights. Thoughts?

Also, we plan to rent a villa, B&B, condo or apartment in the Florence area for our 2 week stay in Italy. This will be our "home base" for countryside excursions. There will be a 2-3 day trip via train to Rome. Accommodation recommendations??

5 Answers Nov 22, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    • How Many Days?

by SabrinaBrightStar Online Now Nov 5, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Travelling to Florence ~ how many days is suggested? My options are 3 days up to two weeks?

15 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 3:31 AM
    • FernandaF's Profile Photo

Renaissance and Art :D

by FernandaF Online Now Nov 3, 2013 at 11:12 AM

We're going to go to Florence in the last week of November, and we want to see as many museums and art as possible in three weeks. But we still have a question, we would like to know the best way to mobilize, that is comfortable and a little fast; were thinking electric minibuses or train. Even if you know a better choice ...
      thank you very much

13 Answers Nov 4, 2013 at 5:01 PM
    • Where to get married in Italy?

by n84 Online Now Oct 29, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Wondered if anyone had been to Florence or Lake Como and could give any pointers about where would be best for a wedding in september 2014. We want a really relaxed wedding that is less traditional and more fun for guests.

7 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 4:17 AM
    • FernandaF's Profile Photo

Florence

by FernandaF Online Now Oct 26, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Well, thanks to all answers in "Renaissance" and I researched a little, I want to go to Florence with my cousins. But we want to Know what time is best to travel... we were thinking of going in November or in January.
      Thanks!

10 Answers Oct 28, 2013 at 9:32 AM
    • Traveling Alone

by gc84 Online Now Oct 25, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Hi, im planning to assist to a cooking course of 1 week to florence, then im planning to go rome, venice and milan. if italy its safe for traveling alone?

14 Answers Oct 26, 2013 at 9:08 AM
    • Grotto near Fiesole

by ski584 Online Now Oct 23, 2013 at 7:37 AM

there is a grotto with a giant statue built above it somewhere near fiesole. can someone tell me its name and location? was there 10 years ago but cant remember it.

3 Answers Oct 23, 2013 at 11:30 AM
    • Coming to Florence with 10 people. Need an agent.

by Parisiantour Online Now Oct 20, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Bringing 10 people to Florence. I am looking for a land agent who will help me with local issues such as group rates for the FirenzeCard, italiatran passes etc. Would anyone in Florence have a suggestion? Thanks. Elin.

2 Answers Oct 21, 2013 at 7:01 AM
    • comparison

by krmafathalla Online Now Oct 19, 2013 at 9:27 AM

what are the pros and cons of tourism in Florence versus Madrid for a medium budget family with children

3 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 8:16 AM
    • OldCurmudgeon's Profile Photo

Do ATAF Buses run on Christmas Day?

by OldCurmudgeon Online Now Oct 16, 2013 at 12:25 PM

We will be attending the Opera show at St. Marks on Christmas day at 2030, getting out about between 2300 & 2400. Normally bus #11 goes from that area to our hotel area. In searching the ATAF site I was unable to find holiday? hours for the bus. Does anyone know for sure what buses run on holidays, if any, and where to find the numbers and times.
      Any help or advice would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

3 Answers Oct 16, 2013 at 12:40 PM
    • Machiavelli Palace Via Nazionale 10 - 50123 - FLORENCE, IT

by justme1 Online Now Oct 13, 2013 at 6:46 AM

We (all adults) are planning to stay here for three nights in November. Is this a centrally located hotel? Is the area good. If not, what other hotels we should be looking at. Thanks for your assistance.

5 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 9:15 AM
    • Florence on Sundays

by Jube19 Online Now Oct 12, 2013 at 6:35 AM

We will be in florence in Saturday and Sunday. We would like it take a day trip to Sienna etc and have a day for shopping in Florence. Are the shops open on Sunday in florence. Which would be the better day to spend in florence and which day to spend in Tuscany.

4 Answers Oct 12, 2013 at 10:38 AM
    • tsokoholic's Profile Photo

best area to stay in Florence

by tsokoholic Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Hi. We will be visiting Florence for the first time on Oct. 28. What is the best area to book a hotel?

8 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 10:37 AM
    • Park the car and take the train

by KeniG Online Now Oct 4, 2013 at 10:24 AM

We will have a rental car while staying in the Chianti region for day trips. When we want to go into Florence where can I park it to take the local train into the city...I do not want to drive in Florence.

10 Answers Oct 4, 2013 at 4:50 PM
    • stamporama's Profile Photo

Questions about Trenitalia tickets

by stamporama Online Now Sep 30, 2013 at 3:07 AM

My family and I will be in Italy 4 weeks from now, and we'd like to take the train starting from Venice to Florence then onward to Rome. I've checked the time tables and fares on the Trenitalia website but there doesn't seem to be a FAQ section. I have a few queries:

1. Are the fares online the same as those paid at the train stations?
      2. If for example, I bought tickets online early enough to get a cheaper price but for some unavoidable reason we need to change the departure date/time, can the tickets I bought be exchanged? If so, can the change be done online? And will there be corresponding charges?

Thanks for any replies.

5 Answers Sep 30, 2013 at 8:19 AM
    • Ufizi gallery to Santa Maria - Novelle.

by arjun1997 Online Now Sep 28, 2013 at 9:09 PM

How long would it take if were to walk from the Ufizi gallery to Station Santa maria - Novelle? Is it even possible?

9 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 8:31 AM
    • Mosquitos?

by friendly3330 Online Now Sep 28, 2013 at 12:49 PM

We are coming here October 8-23 and heard that there are mosquitos here.

Should we bring insect repellent?

Thanks for the help.

12 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    • theflickguy's Profile Photo

Campo de Marte train station

by theflickguy Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Our overnight train leaves us at the Campo de Marte station in Florence which I have no experience with at all. What are my options to get to the airport from there? I know that taxis charge a flat rate from central Florence, does Campo de Marte qualify? Or should I take a connecting train to SMN and take the bus to FLR? Thanks!

5 Answers Oct 6, 2013 at 6:43 PM
    • Is there any direct train from La Spezia to Florence, Firenze Santa Maria Novella

by sirod.ps Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 5:59 AM

I need to get to Florence from La Spezia after my visit to Cinque Terre.

Thanks

9 Answers Sep 22, 2013 at 2:16 PM
    • Geleto machine

by Kendall27 Online Now Sep 16, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Hi all

I would like to purchase a geleto machine in florence. Any recommendations on brand and where to buy would be fantastic. Looking around the 300euro range.

Thank you

2 Answers Sep 16, 2013 at 5:09 PM
    • transportation during the World Bicycle Tour

by Miami-Florida Online Now Sep 14, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Hello everyone, We will be in Florence from the 25th through the 30th of September. I have had the Hop on Hop off tour cancelled because of the Wold bicycle tour. I am very concerned how my family will get around. Could you please let me know if there will be any transportation system in Florence at that time. Thank you so much.

7 Answers Sep 16, 2013 at 9:08 AM
    • Camera equipment

by Jmama0525 Online Now Sep 13, 2013 at 6:38 AM

My daughter is in Florence studying abroad and she needs a battery charger for her Sony camera. Where would she be able to purchase this item? Thanks

5 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 12:46 PM
    • getting italian sim card for american cell phone

by ptb123 Online Now Sep 12, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Coming into Peretola AP Monday from US. What is the best option for cell phone sim card purchase in Florence for my unlocked iphone 4s? We want use data for google translate and google maps. I'd just like to walk in and have cell phone guy swap sim cards and set me up to use it in English for 2 weeks while in Tuscany. Would go back to same guy and have him/her reset for US before going to Peretola AP for ride home.

2 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 9:47 AM
    • Silk wrap at the market

by sweetpeahutch Online Now Sep 10, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I just got back from a trip to Italy and a day trip to Florence. I bought to two silk wraps at the Logge Mercato Nuove in Florence. I would like to get another, any suggestions on contacting the vendor that I made this purchase from?

4 Answers Sep 11, 2013 at 1:32 PM
    • Parking and Public transportation

by s083629 Online Now Sep 6, 2013 at 11:06 AM

We are not staying in Florence but will be driving up from Siena. Is there a good place to park the car for the day that is accessible to public transportation? Is the public transportation in Florence good? Is there any "get on-get off" buses? Any other suggestions for getting around Florence?

5 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 7:52 AM
    • coffee in hand

by agathi Online Now Sep 5, 2013 at 7:02 AM

Hallo again. I would like you to inform me if in places such as Caffe Donnini and Caffe Gilli in piazza Republica, it is possible to order coffee but not seat at a table. Not only because it is quite expensive but especially because there is not time to do so. We will be running from one sight to the other. Thank you very much.

30 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 10:10 AM
    • Florence airport check-in

by BarbaraJH Online Now Aug 30, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I am going to be in PISA mid Novermber 2013. My flight back to Canada originates in Florence then I change planes in Frankfurt. The Florence flight is at 7:20 AM. It looks like the train from PISA would get me to the Florence train station at 5:27 AM. Is this enough time to get to the airport on time? Lufthansa says to be there 2 hours in advance, but I know the Florence airport is small, so I was wondering if this arrangement would be ok. I don't mind taking a taxi frm the Florence train station to the airport. Please advise. Thanks.

5 Answers Sep 3, 2013 at 2:23 AM
    • Camera shop in Florence

by travellinghappy Online Now Aug 30, 2013 at 4:50 AM

Hi there,
      I've broken the lens cap of my Canon Powershot and I'm heading to Forence tomorrow in the hope of finding a replacement.

Does anyone know of a centrally located camera shop that would sell something like that?

Grazie Mille!

3 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 9:27 AM