Travel Answers
Florence

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Which is the best way to travel from Florence to San Gimignano and then onto Cortona?

by antonneau Online Now Apr 12, 2014 at 6:24 PM

We would like to take a bus or train from Florence to San Gimignano and then onto Cortona. Any ideas which is the best way to travel to San Gimignano, bus or train? And can we then take a bus to Cortona from San Gimignano? Which city would your recommend we stay at a night or two, San Gimignano or Cortona? We will be traveling with our 3 children all in their 20's, in August of this year and will spend most of our time in Florence.
      Thank you for any advice here!!!

more
    • Size 34 ladies shoes

by sandrahooper Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Hi, I am a size 34 in shoes and have a lot of trouble finding shoes to fit. Does anyone know if size 34 is standard in Florence, and if not, does anyone know if there shops that stock smaller sizes. I am looking for sandals, boots and walking shoes.

more
    • Florence to Paris with a 1 night stop over in a little village

by Thegables Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Hi, My sister and I would like to travel from Florence to Paris on the 16 th May by train with a 1 night stop over in a little village.  It is hard to work out which train to take and where they stop. 

Many thanks.

more
    • No Question Title

by roselop Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Hello! I am planning to visit the Tuscany region on June 26 to June 30 with my 3 adult children. Should we make Florence our base & just take day trips to Siena & San Gimignano? Would you recommend going to Cinque Terre? Would appreciate your advice. Thank you!

more
    • transfer between Pertola airport and city center

by margaret13 Online Now Mar 28, 2014 at 2:57 AM

Hi
      can you tell me how much it would cost to get a taxi or bus from airport to somewhere in city center as yet i do not have an address for apartment

more
    • Best area to stay in Florence

by mgoncalves Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 4:22 AM

I'm torn between staying in the Duomo area vs Piazza Tasso vs Arno, i'm travelling with husband and 2 boys, where is the best place to stay?

more
    • Which is the best way to travel from Florence to San Gimignano and then onto Cortona?

by antonneau Online Now Apr 12, 2014 at 6:24 PM

We would like to take a bus or train from Florence to San Gimignano and then onto Cortona. Any ideas which is the best way to travel to San Gimignano, bus or train? And can we then take a bus to Cortona from San Gimignano? Which city would your recommend we stay at a night or two, San Gimignano or Cortona? We will be traveling with our 3 children all in their 20's, in August of this year and will spend most of our time in Florence.
      Thank you for any advice here!!!

2 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 8:26 PM
    • Size 34 ladies shoes

by sandrahooper Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 8:30 PM

Hi, I am a size 34 in shoes and have a lot of trouble finding shoes to fit. Does anyone know if size 34 is standard in Florence, and if not, does anyone know if there shops that stock smaller sizes. I am looking for sandals, boots and walking shoes.

2 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 2:08 AM
    • No Question Title

by roselop Online Now Apr 9, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Hello! I am planning to visit the Tuscany region on June 26 to June 30 with my 3 adult children. Should we make Florence our base & just take day trips to Siena & San Gimignano? Would you recommend going to Cinque Terre? Would appreciate your advice. Thank you!

5 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 10:19 AM
    • Best area to stay in Florence

by mgoncalves Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 4:22 AM

I'm torn between staying in the Duomo area vs Piazza Tasso vs Arno, i'm travelling with husband and 2 boys, where is the best place to stay?

12 Answers Apr 5, 2014 at 10:38 AM
    • transfer between Pertola airport and city center

by margaret13 Online Now Mar 28, 2014 at 2:57 AM

Hi
      can you tell me how much it would cost to get a taxi or bus from airport to somewhere in city center as yet i do not have an address for apartment

5 Answers Mar 28, 2014 at 6:04 PM
    • Florence to Paris with a 1 night stop over in a little village

by Thegables Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 1:40 AM

Hi, My sister and I would like to travel from Florence to Paris on the 16 th May by train with a 1 night stop over in a little village.  It is hard to work out which train to take and where they stop. 

Many thanks.

3 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 3:20 AM
    • AbhinavA's Profile Photo

Suggestion on Time in Florence

by AbhinavA Online Now Mar 16, 2014 at 1:54 PM

Hi

As a part of my upcoming Italy trip in May, I will be staying in Florence 4 complete days. I am really confused over planning my time. My initial plan was as follows :

-> Dedicate 2 full days to Florence. Something on these lines : reidsitaly.com/destinations/...

-> Day trip on 3rd day to Lucca and Pisa (I don't want to leave without visiting and climbing the tower)
      -> Day Trip on 4th day to Siena (Have heard superb reviews about Siena)

However considering the above itinerary I feel that time in Florence is not enough. With the above itinerary, I would miss on biggies like Pallazo vechhio, piazzale michelangelo, Boboli Gardens, San lorenzo , Bargello etc.

1. Is the above itinerary(in the link I shared) for Florence too fast, i.e. can I also fit in Pallazo vechhio, piazzale michelangelo, Boboli Gardens, Bargello in the 2 days?
      2. Should I take out the half day from Lucca and give it to Florence?

Also, what according to you could be a good 2 days itinerary in Florence.

Thanks

25 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 1:28 PM
    • Arts and Crafts in Florence

by capemay1018 Online Now Mar 15, 2014 at 5:48 PM

I visited a crafts shop in Florence that sold leather handbags with keyrings and chains with the duomo on them. This shop also sold ceramics, plasticwares, etc. Can you find out the name?

4 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 2:11 PM
    • dqborntoshop's Profile Photo

Three days in Florence

by dqborntoshop Online Now Mar 9, 2014 at 2:59 PM

My husband and I are planning our first trip to Italy in the fall. We have 3 days to spend in Florence. I would like some recommendations on hidden gems. That is, not the most popular hotels, restaurant and shopping, but the special places. Thanks!

7 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 3:01 PM
    • Charming restaurant for a lunch in Florence

by TravellingCA Online Now Mar 2, 2014 at 2:18 AM

Hi everyone,

I will be in Florence for one day this week and would like to ask for your suggestions on restaurants for a nice lunch in the center of the city. I would love something charming and authentic (the exact opposite of a touristic one). Any suggestions on local cuisines and wines are very welcome!

Many thanks for your help :-)

Cheers,

TravellingCA

6 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 8:59 AM
    • denise_SanDiego's Profile Photo

Vasari Corridor

by denise_SanDiego Online Now Feb 27, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Has anyone recently toured Florence, the Vasari Corridor in particular. Do you feel the cost (50 euro) is a good investment?

4 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 8:00 PM
    • montalcino

by carolynwood Online Now Feb 20, 2014 at 1:51 PM

is there bus service from Florence airport to montalcino and how long does it take

3 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 3:33 PM
    • goth store

by anonymous321 Online Now Feb 18, 2014 at 2:38 PM

are there any gothic/alternative fahion shops in Florence?

1 Answer Feb 18, 2014 at 3:38 PM
    • Uffizi Ticket Booking

by asitava Online Now Feb 15, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Hi, I booked an Uffizi museum ticket online from the supposedly official website http://www.polomuseale.firenze.it/en/. I see that the booking states Galleria degli Uffizi Intero/Ful;:( Block 16:15 | Row 2 | Seat 4221 ). It cost me EUR 15. I found it odd that the admission ticket has a row number and seat number. I tied to call them but it seems the offices are closed now. Has anyone booked the tickets on line in advance and has seen a row/seat number in the booking confirmation ? Thanks

2 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 6:43 AM
    • San Miniato Al Monte - gregorian chants

by asitava Online Now Feb 8, 2014 at 5:05 AM

We are travelling to Florence in early April and would like to attend the service with gregorian chants at San Miniato. Does this happen every evening? At what time? Thanks in advance

6 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 9:42 AM
    • Florence City centre to San Brigida

by asitava Online Now Feb 8, 2014 at 4:50 AM

Hi, will be in Florence with a group of friends in early April. We are visiting the winery Castello del Trebbio. Can you pls let me know what is the best available bus route to the place ? Are the buses generally on time ? Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 5:24 AM
    • Driving Challenge near airport

by singlemalt Online Now Feb 3, 2014 at 10:19 AM

We have planned to rent a car for 2 days in Florence in order to tour the Chianti area. Thought picking it up at the airport was smart as it has 24 hour pickup & drop off. However have read a couple of horror stories (not on this site) about maneuvering around this area. Can any of you very experienced guides help with any ideas or suggestions that could alleviate my anxieties. I have had years of driving in large cities, (Toronto, Vancouver) but realize European driving habits could be very different. Must admit I find roundabouts a definite challenge!

7 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:35 PM
    • Vasari Corridor

by 392 Online Now Jan 27, 2014 at 8:58 AM

Requesting info. - will purchase tix prior to our Oct 2014 visit. Will not tour Uffizi in conjunction with this visit. Is there a re enactment at this site. Appreciate any info and review. Thank you.

3 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 1:28 PM
    • where was this picture taken

by andarchen Online Now Jan 21, 2014 at 11:43 PM

My picture was taken 30 years ago, i sat in horse carriage when driver was absent , i wish to know the exact place that picture was taken, then i can use google street view to see what the place is look like now.

Highly expecting i can get answer in this forum, Thanks in advance.

32 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 3:59 AM
    • 2nd Hand Stores in Florence?

by DougfromIowa Online Now Jan 11, 2014 at 5:35 AM

Are there any stores that sell USED clothing and household items (like Salvation Army or Goodwill, in the USA) in Florence?

Grazie for any info

2 Answers Jan 11, 2014 at 8:34 AM
    • Recommended Resturants

by DougfromIowa Online Now Jan 7, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Is there a list of recommended resturants, especially small Ma & Pa Resturants. I am looking for ones that won't be crowded with Tripadvisor and Rick Steves followers.

6 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 11:15 PM
    • Best Pizza in Florence

by mrsjak Online Now Jan 5, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Where can I get the best coal fired pizza in Florence?

2 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 11:22 PM
    • Just need a basic coat for teenage boy

by Kaieie Online Now Dec 28, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I didn't bring a warm enough coat for my teenage son (13). Where in Florence or Siena can I buy just a normal (not a fancy) coat?

8 Answers Dec 29, 2013 at 4:01 PM
    • Options for Tuscany

by singlemalt Online Now Dec 23, 2013 at 9:16 AM

We are spending 3 nights in Florence for museums, etc. Then thought if we travelled, by train to either Siena or Pisa & stayed for 3 nights, this would give us a good jumping off place for day trips to Chianti, Cinque Terre, & San Gmigianno. Then we could carry on to Rome. What would be your choice-Siena or Pisa? Thanks.

12 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 4:07 PM
    • Florence Unusual Shopping

by FiliSwitz Online Now Dec 23, 2013 at 5:16 AM

Hi,

my name is Filippa and I live in Switzerland. I am planning a trip to Florence in the next days: it is beautiful even in winter!

I would like to go shopping there, and I am interested in unusual stuff.

Someone told me about custom made skincare shop in Florence. Can you tell more about it? Seems interesting.

Thanks a lot

Filippa

7 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 9:36 AM
    • Day trip to Florence help!

by Florence131 Online Now Dec 19, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Hi,

We are in Rome and going to Florence for a day trip tomorrow. Wondering if anyone can help me out.

We get there at 10am.

We have the uffizzi booked for 4pm and our ticket has sears reserved. What is this for? Can we enter earlier than our time?

We are planning on attending the duomo, the bridge (sorry spacing on the name at the moment), and the piazza della signoria (sp?). Do any of these places have a good place to eat lunch? And also for dinner will need to find a place. Just so we know when to do what things specifically.

Also, will there be a tourist information booth when we get off the train? Just have a couple travel questions.

Lastly our train is at 8pm. I'm now thinking this might have been too late. Is the SMN station safe around this time, and Florence in general? Should we take a taxi from dinner to the train station?

Thanks, and I appreciate any response!

6 Answers Dec 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    • LanLouny's Profile Photo

Prada Wholesale stock in Florence

by LanLouny Online Now Dec 19, 2013 at 4:38 AM

Hi everybody!! do you know if there are any stock outlest in Florence?! Like space-Prada, but wholesale?!
      Thank you :)

6 Answers Dec 25, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    • Buying Jewelry ONLINE from Florence

by lowraine912 Online Now Dec 4, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I really want to buy my mom some jewelry made in either Florence or Siena as we have had some lovely trips there and never actually bought any jewelry. I'm hoping to get her something for Christmas but am running into some problems finding a jewelry store that offers online shopping. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks!

1 Answer Mar 23, 2014 at 9:36 AM
    • OldCurmudgeon's Profile Photo

Tobbachi Open on Christmas Day

by OldCurmudgeon Online Now Dec 4, 2013 at 7:27 AM

I will be arriving in Florence on Christmas day at the Santa Maria Novella train station at 1030 in the morning. Do you know if the Tobbachi store in the station will be open to purchase bus tickets? If not, anywhere else close to the station on Christmas day? I am elderly enough not to wish walking about a mile to my hotel dragging my wife and baggage. Any help or advice would be appreciated.......Thank you in advance, Rich Luttrell

2 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 11:40 AM
    • elp's Profile Photo

Pistoia travel in March

by elp Online Now Nov 20, 2013 at 7:47 AM

I wish to go from Florence to Pistoia.... Can somebody tell me where can I find train tables and costs?
      Is any train direct from Pisa or Bologna to Pistoia?
      Thanks a lot.
      Elisabete.

6 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 9:58 AM