Florence Travel Answers

change location
MML100's Profile Photo

Day trip suggestions? Hill country/wine tasting

by MML100 Online Now Dec 23, 2011 at 8:27 AM

I do hope I'm not making you guys crazy with all my questions! I would like to do a day trip from Florence to somewhere in the country and do a wine tasting. Any suggestions and is this possible from Florence? Again, sorry for the overload of questions!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Day trip suggestions? Hill country/wine tasting

by leics Online Now Dec 23, 2011 at 9:27 AM

No crazier than usual.

Daytrips for wine-tasting are indeed possible from Florence, although they are most usually offered as small group or private tours. You can google for companies ('florence wine-tasting daytour'). There are lots of options.

If you will not have a car then it will be more difficult for you to visit independently because vineyards are not normally within village or town centres. Additionally, I am not sure which ones (if any) allow 'on-spec' visits by individuals rather than pre-booked visits. Hopefully another VT-er will be able to advise...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • akkipaa's Profile Photo

by akkipaa Online Now Dec 23, 2011 at 9:52 PM

I agree with Leics, with own car you can make it easier and you have more options.

My additional recommendation is that start eafly, take your course to Pisa and visit the tower (they have daily limits to visitors). take you wine yard from same side of ghe country.

• annahill's Profile Photo

by annahill Online Now Dec 27, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Here is a link to some tours in Tuscany italy.artviva.com/tours_cate...

I have not used them, but they look like nice, fairly inexpensive tours that you can do from Florence. I bookmarked them for my next trip, hopefully soon!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines