Florence Travel Answers

change location

Around Florence

by calebgibbons Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 9:07 AM

I will be in the Florence area for about a week in July and am trying to find a place to stay where we can relax but also close enough to the main city that we can walk or get a ride in easily enough. As opposed to a hotel a villa or apartment would be what I am looking for most. Any suggestions?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • loksch's Profile Photo

Re: Around Florence

by loksch Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 10:01 AM

There are many options available that would suit your needs. What is extra-important my opinion would be the ability to deal with a trustworthy person.
    As I have stated many times - my favorite place to stay in Florence is Hotel David but, you don't want a hotel environment so...my suggestion is that you contact that hotel - ask to speak to Gabriele and ask for contact information for his sister - Lucia - who has several apartments for rent in Florence.
    You can find Hotel David info by clicking on the Hotel tab at the top of your Home page...it is rated #1 by VT and other travel sites.

Ciao

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • von.otter's Profile Photo

by von.otter Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Friends of ours raved about their stay at Villa San Michele (villasanmichele.com/web/ovil.... Tthe Villa offers a shuttle bus service into the center of Florence, returning as late as 23:00 in the high season. The Villa’s restaurant gets high marks, too.

We stopped at Hotel TornabuoniBeacci (tornabuonihotels.com/index_e.... It was a wonderful experience. The rooms and bathrooms are very spacious, compared with some European hotels; ask for Room #26. It has a stunning view of the Duomo’s dome. There is a grand roof terrace, with sweeping views of the city, for relaxing.

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

by Agraichen Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I'd recommend Villa Belvedere just outside "city center" but with great views and easy access to "downtown." "Hotel with a view..." - Villa Belvedere Tip by Agraichen tells more about the location
    Address: Via B Casteli, 3 - 50124 Firenze

Comparison: about average
    Directions: Email: hotelvillabelvedere@tiscalinet.it

othercontact: 055 223163 Fax

Phone: 055 222501

Theme: Hotel

• lisselleC's Profile Photo

by lisselleC Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 12:04 PM

windowsonitaly.com/search/ad...
    This is where we stayed and we liked it. The apartment was ok, location was good, Windows on Italy were easy to deal with.

2 members found this helpful

• markschaaf's Profile Photo

by markschaaf Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 10:30 AM

If you don't like any of the places mentioned above what I would suggest is to look at a google map most often you can see where the buses go or trains and see if there are any outlying routs where you can easily get into town, after that pick out a good hotel booking service that has maps of where the hotel is located and start looking for hotels close to where you think you want to stay. You will need to read the hotel reviews to see what they are like in order to pick out where you want to stay. This is how I normally find a place anywhere I am staying in Europe.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines