Flims

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• hand made socks

Interlaken Jul 7, 2014 at 4:30 AM

where can i buy hand made knitted socks in interlaken?

more
    • Place de la palud.

Lausanne Jul 6, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Hi read a lot bout this place.please assist me how to go ther from d place de la cathedral.m ther in laussane only from morning till evening.wanna make the best use of the attractions by foot or train.which train or bus do I take and from which point.is the swiss pass applicable for the transport in the towns.......

more
    • Dress for Montreux

Montreux Yesterday

I am going to Montreux tomorrow for the jazz festival. How should I dress? What should I pack?

more
    • LauraPallister's Profile Photo

Zurich vs Baden

Baden Jul 4, 2014 at 12:21 AM

We are in the area for 3 nights to visit. Should we stay in Zurich or Baden? Can someone advise of the pros and cons? We do not have a car, we are travelling by train.

more
    • cable car/gondola

Chur Jun 23, 2014 at 12:57 PM

what are the cable car/gondola hours and what will I find when I get to the top?

more
    • Cable car time schedule

Riederalp Jun 18, 2014 at 4:21 PM

What time does the cable car start in the morning?

more
    • Fruit picking jobs

Switzerland Jun 18, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Hi everybody I'm 20years old student from Portugal. Me and a friend of mine are looking to work fruit picking or other holiday jobs for students during the months of July and August Do you have any suggestions where we can start our search, who can we contact with our requests ? If you have interesting answers or ideas please let me know, I'll be glad for any answer or help.
      Bye

more
    • Packing essentials for Wengen -6 nights -Aug 3 thru Aug 9- 2014

Wengen Jun 10, 2014 at 12:34 PM

we are a family of four -2 Adults and 2 children ( 7 and 11 yrs), can someone suggest us essential and tips for packing. we are staying in Wengen for 6 nights, prior to that in Lucern -3 night and Zurich 3 nights. After Wengen to Zermatt for 3 nights and then Paris 3 nights.

Our stay in Wengen is in a Chalet which is 2 KM away from Train station. Thanks for your help

more
    • Rainy day in Geneva with teenagers

Geneva Jul 7, 2014 at 1:10 PM

What can you do in Geneva on a rainy day? Need to entertain 2 teenagers and have already done bowling and the cinema!!! Thanks

more
    • time in montruex

Montreux Jun 20, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Hi, I want to go to montreux, what length of stay would you recommend?

more
    • auggiemansfield's Profile Photo

Amsterdam to Basel via river boat

Basel Jun 10, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Has anyone taken this trip? Any input especially which is small boat cruise line is the best would be greatly appreciated. I am currently looking at the 13 night trips with Uniworld and Avalon. Thanks!

more
    • which combo should i do in switzerland

Switzerland Jul 6, 2014 at 9:35 PM

my base is lucerne on 7th and 8th july. considering i hav 23 months baby and bad weather on those days which combo should i do.
      a)mt titlis n mt jungfro(interlaken)
      b)mt pilatus n mt titlis.

more
    • help in planning my itenary in switzerland

Switzerland Jul 4, 2014 at 8:18 AM

I will be reaching in geneva on 5th july at 2pm via train. I have my hotel booked in geneva for 5th july till 6th july. My next stay is booked in luzern/lucerne from 6th july to 9th july. Would need your help to plan my travel

a)should i leave for luzern on 6th july early morning or should i stay till evening in geneva and then head for lucerne? I am more into nature(lake walk,park,boat ride,train journey and all) and NOT into museums or building or art. So do you think it is worth staying in geneva on 6th also or I should leave for lucerne early morning and take a day off there.
      b)in lucerne what all should I cover. My target is to go to mount titlis on 7th july. Should I go to montreaux or annecy as I have swiss pass or ??
      on 8th my plan is to go to interlaken and jungfro.
      9th i have my flight so no plans....

Please help me design a non hectic itenary from 5th to 9th july. Keeping in mind that I like nature,views,scenery,lake walk,park, i dont like museum,monuments,art or history. Thank you all in advance

more
    • Lugano Train station to Agno airport.

Lugano Jul 2, 2014 at 2:25 PM

My friends will travel from Milan to Lugano Railway station. From there , they will need to go to the Agno Airport to catch a flight. Since they will have quite some luggage, would you recommend them to take a Taxi, or the FLP train till Agno station?
      - How much should a taxi cost from Lugano station to the Agno Airport?
      - If they travel by train, would it be easy to go to the airport from Agno station with all the luggage by foot or by taxi?

Thank you for a quick answer.

more
    • Venice to Zurich

Switzerland Jun 26, 2014 at 8:08 AM

In early September we are staying in Venice and then traveling to ZURICH to fly out. We have 4 days and are thinking about staying in the wine country north and west of Venice for 2 days and 1-2 days in Austria. Any suggestions on what we should see or where to stay.

more
    • yooperprof's Profile Photo

Swiss Rail Flexipass or Half Price Card?

Switzerland Jun 20, 2014 at 11:22 AM

I'm somewhat confused as to which would be my better option, the a Swiss Rail Flexipass for three days, or a Swiss Rail Half Price Card - which is actually valid for a month. The 3-day Flexipass is normally 296 USD, but they are currently running a promotion where they are offering a $50 price reduction. The Swiss Rail Half Price Card is selling for $137 USD. I'll be flying into Zurich and staying there for three nights, then travelling down (by train) to Lugano for four nights. I'm thinking of doing an excursion from Zurich to Luzern for one day, with a trip up Mt. Pilatus. From Lugano, I may be doing some excursions into northern Italy - would I be able to use either the Flexipass or the Half price card on those trips into Italy? It's all very complicated! Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

more
    • SHARKFIN's Profile Photo

where to stay for eur 80 - 100

Zürich Jun 17, 2014 at 7:44 AM

Hi i will be arrrving in zurich from Milan by train on 4 july and flying out zurich on 5 july at a 10.30 pm . so i technically have 2 full days .. planning to cruise the lake and on the next day visit lucern and mt titilis .

my question is where should i stay . i have reseach 2 possible hotel , 25 hour zurich west hotel or hotel limmathof .

or any suggestion is fine with me

thankyou

more
    • MartinK35's Profile Photo

Lucerne to Jungfrau.

Switzerland Jun 12, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Can anyone help my mum with her question? She isn't a member here but she sent me this...

"Hi can you do a little research for me please. My Austrian holiday has been cancelled and I am now going by coach to Nr Lucerne on 19.7.14.The weather forecast is foul but I've got wet weather stuff. I need to know if I need warm stuff. I will be going on a glacier rail trip and a rail trip Jungfrau to Kleine Scheidigg. Don't know who else to ask, Hope you don't mind. xxx"

I don't know the answer but thought people on here might be able to help.

more
    • Hiking in October?

Saint Moritz Jul 6, 2014 at 6:34 AM

Hi, I'm traveling to St moritz in October, will be there on 13~15Oct. Is it still a good time to do some hiking?

more
    • how genuine are bookings of apartments on https://www.airbnb.com/

Lucerne Jul 1, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Hi,

I am getting a room for rent in luzern for my stay on https://www.airbnb.com/. Just wanted to confirm how good and genuine and safe is it?

more
    • Swiss pass query

Switzerland Jul 1, 2014 at 1:47 AM

I will be reaching geneva on 5th july. My plan is below please suggest which swiss travel card should I buy for 4 adults and 2 children age 1 and 5 respectively.

5th july--geneva
      6th july--geneva to lucerne
      6th july--travelling in lucerne
      7th july--mount titlis and back to lucerne
      8th july--mount jungfro and back to lucerne
      9th july--lucerne to zurich airport.

which pass should I buy? please suggest.

more
    • clermont to geneva confusion

Geneva Jul 1, 2014 at 12:33 AM

I found out on sncf about a train on 5th july 2014 that goes from clermont ferrand to geneva. I needed your advice if i should book this because it has just a 10 minute stop in the last connection of bus. I have a baby,stroller,4 big suitcases that can be dragged and we are a couple. I was thinking what if train gets late(do trains get late). My big confusion is if i Should book or not...It arrives at SAINT JULIEN EN GENEVOIS at 12h29 and departs via bus 12h40. Just 10 mins(what if train gets late). Please help. the train itenary below. If you know any other cheap way of travelling to geneva(espcially wit luggage and baby) do suggest. The below option cost me 86E approx.

06h26 FROM (STATION) :CLERMONT FERRAND- No seat reservation required
      Arrivée à :08h56 A la gare de :LYON PART DIEU
      Departing at :10h38 FROM (STATION) :LYON PART DIEU
      Arrivée à :12h29 A la gare de :SAINT JULIEN EN GENEVOIS
      Departing at :12h40 From (station) :SAINT JULIEN EN GENEVOIS TRANSPORTEUR : CAR
      Arrivée à :13h10 A la gare de :GENEVA CORNAVIN

more
    • carloarg02's Profile Photo

How to purchase tickets for the "Chocolate Train"?

Montreux Jun 30, 2014 at 9:40 PM

Hi there, I'd like to secure reservations for the Chocolate Train. I will probably be buying the 8-day Swiss pass. If I understood correctly, the tickets would be included in the Swiss pass but the actual seat reservation wouldn't.

(a) is this correct, and
      (b) where do I reserve tickets for a specific date and seat for the Chocolate Train given that I'm a Swiss pass holder

thanks!

more
    • Information please

Villars-sur-Ollon Jun 24, 2014 at 2:57 AM

Our family will be staying at Residence Panorama during December. We are not ski enthusiasts and will use the property as a basis to do sight seeing (with a rental vehicle) in the area (RCI exchange). Please advise if it is an easy drive from the nearest exit from the Autobahn to Residence Panorama. Please also advise if the parking area at Residence Panorama is close to the lobby as my husband has a back problem and cannot walk steep and long distances. Will you also please be so kind as to advise on the driving distance (and time) from Rome (Italy)

more
    • Jolovestravelling's Profile Photo

Weather in august

Lauterbrunnen Jul 7, 2014 at 7:26 AM

How cold does it get in august just trying to organise what to lack for two days in lauterbrunnen and will be doing the rain ride too to junfrau

more