I'm travelling to Vienna/ Salzburg from 29 Dec -3 Jan with a group of friends, ending our trip in Salzburg. We are staying in the area of Goiserstrasse, Salzburg for a few days, would we need to hire a car for the time we are there? or is everything local - supermarket/ski resorts/bars?
We plan to go skiing which resorts would be best recommend for beginners?
We are a group of three students / recent graduates in our early twenties, traveling through Europe over the coming months. We will be in Vienna for three nights over the New Year period (30th dec - 2nd jan), more by chance than design - although it does look like a fun place for it! We're all on a bit of a budget, so the many galas/concerts aren't really on the cards. The New Year's Eve Trail looks good, and it seems like the streets will be flooded with people and there will be fireworks etc.
My question is: where are the good places to drink and bring in the new year in the evening for a young group such as ours? And particularly after midnight - will we be fine just going to different bars/clubs or do we need to be looking into buying tickets for specific nye events?
Thank you for your replies.
Dear friends can you pls tell me why the wiener linien system gives as a tram stop for the St Marx cemetary the "Wien Molitorgasse" stop which is a 10 min walk from the cemetary and not the "Litfassstrasse" which is the next stop and looks much closer?
For my Vienna&Salzburg trip (5 days in Vienna, 1 day in Salzburg) I would like to have some suggestions:
1) For the accommodation, which part would be better?
2) For the transportation which would be the most economical&beneficial way between daily/hourly cards, e.t.c.?
From airport to the Centrum which way I should choose?..bus or metro?...
3) For the museums; top 3 or 4?
4) For the palaces I have a concern: Spring or summer time would be nice...but in winter time!? Does it still worth to visit!?..Unless you could not be able to sit at the gardens... only the interior side!?...
5) Nontouristic, nice and good (and with reasonable prices) restaurant suggestions, with delicious food advises?
6) Enjoyable, nice streets, and other worth to see places?
and any other "must to do" or "do it you'd love it" suggestions would be appreciated.:)
Thank you very much...best wishes!...
I am coming to travel salzbury to hallstatt at 26/12/14. Do I need to book the post bus via internet now? or Buy it at the bus station on that day?
Second question :
Is it available for taking the ferry to hallstatt at December? The ferry service will still available on that day 26/12?
Dear friends I have read that a single ticket of 2.20 euros is valid for one journey within one zone. You can change as often as is necessary, but you may not travel on a circular route, go back to your starting point or cross a zone boundary (unless you pay for an additional zone).
Also that an S-Bahn which costs €4,will get you from the airport to any metro, tram or bus station in Vienna, allowing you to change as often as you have to.
Now, can you tell me pls:
1. Do all the above mean that with the S-bahn ticket I can take the metro to our hotel as soon as we arrive to Wien Mitte station without having to buy a new ticket?
2. If the answer to the above question is yes, pls do tell me if it is possible to use this ticket after we settle to our hotel in order to get to the city centre or not. I really can't understand when a journey is supposed to be single by allowing changes of lines and when it starts becoming invalid.
Thanks for your help.
Hallo my friends. For those of you who have been helping me since now, I appologize for dragging you from one city to another, but actually we have decided a 4 day trip to Vienna for the late November. I have managed, by a quick first glimpse, to point out the top museums together with Mozart's house and of course the opera which, unfortunatelly, will be closed for touring the days of our visit. Regarding the fact that we are actually interested in the art of painting, sculpture, architecture and churches we would appreciate any suggestions. Of course in the city of music I have found two events in Mozart's house and it's always the opera but this is a bit more expensive if you want a good seat. What a pity because it plays Le Nozze di Figaro....Thanks to all of you.
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2014 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Back to Top
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|