Flensburg Travel Answers

change location

SCHLESWIG HOLSTEIN -- HOTEL SUGGESTIONS

by Dr.Lo Online Now May 22, 2007 at 5:49 AM

We are looking for a hotel for 4 people (2 adults - 2 kids) in either Flensburg or elsewhere in Schleswig Holstein. (we plan to drive back from a day at Legoland in Billund, Denmark, and want a nice but reasonable hotel someplace after we cross the border (Denmark hotels seem to be significantly more expensive). Clean and good breakfast are the 2 primary requirements (but I have never run into a "dirty" German hotel thus far ...). Not too far off the autobahn would be nice ....

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Turtleshell's Profile Photo

Re: SCHLESWIG HOLSTEIN -- HOTEL SUGGESTIONS

by Turtleshell Online Now May 22, 2007 at 9:51 AM

Maybe Hotel Nordkreuz in Harrislee would be an option.
    http://www.nordkreuz.de/

It is situated not far from the Autobahn to Denmark and close to the border. Conventional and plain but clean and the usual breakfast buffet is included.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • PeteNL's Profile Photo

by PeteNL Online Now May 22, 2007 at 2:15 PM

Hi,

If you don't mind a rather basic but clean and cheap hotel you can also try the Etap hotel near Flensburg, thru www.accorhotels.com. We stayed there on a trip to Denmark and Sweden and weren't disappointed, though we did choose to have our breakfast in the next door "Autohof" restaurant, because you can expect a better "German" breakfast there, but I guess that's a matter of taste...
    Have a great trip!

P.

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo

by RhineRoll Online Now May 25, 2007 at 11:11 AM

I second the above suggestion for Schleswig. If you can, make a stop at Schloss Gottorf and the Haithabu viking town excavation site:

schloss-gottorf.de/wmh/index...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines