Flåm Travel Answers

change location
loislois's Profile Photo

What about luggages while you are en route at the "Nutshell" ???

by loislois Online Now Aug 7, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Maybe the answer is simple "You will carry it with you"

OK but I try to understand that maybe it is very difficult to move a heavy luggage from train to Flamsbanna, then to carry with you in Flam, then over the boat, again to bus and again to the train, etc...

Seems very difficult + eliminate your will to admire the nature.

I feel it is better to go from Oslo to Bergen and the day after to take the trip without luggages.

What's your experience ?

Will be happy to have an answer.

Thank you in advance.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • foona's Profile Photo

Re: What about luggages while you are en route at the "Nutshell" ???

by foona Online Now Aug 7, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Going to Bergen with the luggage first and take the "Nutshell" the next day is not a bad idea.

Another option is to let "Porterservice" handle your luggage. I've only heard about their existence and have no first-hand experience.

http://www.porterservice.no/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Waoife's Profile Photo

Re: What about luggages while you are en route at the "Nutshell" ???

by Waoife Online Now Aug 8, 2010 at 2:48 AM

If you have really large heavy luggage then doing the trip without baggage may be a better option.

I did the trip with my Mum last year and we both had "Ryanair" sized luggage with us (just under 10 kg each). On the boat, there is a luggage storage area just as you board so you don't have to worry about your luggage there. It's a short walk between the boat and train at Flam but enough of a distance that you'd need wheels on your bag unless you have a backpack. the Flamsbana itself has very limited luggage storage (only overhead racks from what I remember) so a large suitcase may be difficult to handle - especially if the train is busy. At Myrdal, where you change to the the mainline train, there are only two platforms so the walk from one train to the other is extremely short.

Hope this helps a bit and enjoy the trip - the scenery is amazing!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines