Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Mule riding

Grand Canyon Apr 3, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Does the west rim offer mule rides?

more
    • finding rental

Bisbee Mar 25, 2014 at 10:50 AM

What is the best way to locate a rental in Bisbee. I would like to move there soon.

more
    • Sunrise Location along South Rim?

Grand Canyon National Park Apr 14, 2014 at 12:44 PM

I am planning to take my wife to the Grand Canyon for her birthday and want to be there for the sunrise in June. Will be driving most of the night and arriving to the Grand Canyon Village area sometime around 4am. From what I've read it seems you can enter the park at any time of day.

Wondering if there is a good place(s) we could drive our car to and park to see the sunrise (from the car); possible short walk ok too (as we'll be driving all night and probably not up for a major hike).

Thanks

more
    • Biosphere 2

Tucson Mar 25, 2014 at 9:47 PM

do you need reservations to visit Biosphere 2?

more
    • party advice

Scottsdale Mar 25, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Hey guys. Are there still pool parties in scottsdale during mid september? Also what hotel would be best for 4 single guys, thanks!

more
    • Areas in Phoenix for Young Single Professionals to live

Phoenix Apr 7, 2014 at 8:14 PM

My daughter is moving to Phoenix for a sales job - turf Phoenix and points North.
      Would appreciate any information on where best to live/rent/house share. She loves exercise and walkible areas.

more
    • WA state visitors- via Palm Springs drive to Prescott~

Prescott Apr 7, 2014 at 7:55 AM

My honey and I are planning a road trip after landing in Ontario Cali. First leg is from Palm Springs to Prescott. I'd like to know if there are any cool things for us to see/do either on the way, or IN prescott. We love retro type things, love walking (not up for a big hike this trip), eating and drinking, and taking pics. Once we get to Prescott, how long would you think we'd need to feel like we experienced it?
      THank you!!

more
    • One Day Itinerary to Grand Canyon- South Rim

Grand Canyon National Park Apr 5, 2014 at 9:23 AM

what's the best itinerary, traveling from Las Vegas hotel via car to Grand Canyon south rim. Planning to camp for only one night and would like to see hoover dam. Not sure if I should tour hoover dam prior to arriving GC. My main focus of the trip is viewing sunset and sunrise from viewpoints.

more
    • Dlee's Profile Photo

where to stay for two night

Grand Canyon Apr 7, 2014 at 8:51 PM

We are going on a road trip to GC tomorrow. My mom and dad just passed and we need some time away. Only 5 days apart. We need WiFi in room People need to get hold of us with information. We need clean room for sure.

more
    • SamyValy's Profile Photo

Hotel in Flagstaff?

by SamyValy Online Now Jul 22, 2012 at 4:53 AM

Hi guys! I'm planning my american summer holidays and of course i'm adding Flagstaff on my destinations. Can you please suggest me a good place where to stay? I'll be there in about a month. Thank you!

4 Answers Jul 22, 2012 at 2:25 PM
    • August in Flagstaff

by Ktreiman Online Now Jun 10, 2012 at 6:32 PM

I will be traveling to Flagstaff in early August with my teenage daughter. I'm looking for a place to stay in Flagstaff or area that has horseback riding and swimming.

Also, how is Comfi Cottages in Flagstaff?

Other suggestions about activities that are better at that time of year, given the heat, much appreciated.

3 Answers Jun 11, 2012 at 5:26 AM
    • Nizzlers's Profile Photo

Where in Flagstaff, AZ can I watch the England vs France Euro 2012 match on Monday morning?

by Nizzlers Online Now Jun 8, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Hi everyone

Me and my girlfriend are desperate to watch the England 2012 football matches.

First one is Monday morning, 9am Arizona time. We'll be in Flagstaff or maybe further north around the Grand Canyon.

Any suggestions as to where we could watch the games? Yelp and Google are proving fruitless.

Cheers

6 Answers Jun 9, 2012 at 6:42 PM
    • Help Planning Trip

by taylortime05 Online Now Jun 19, 2011 at 6:15 PM

We are flying into Phoenix and flying out of Las Vegas. The reason I chose to fly into Phoenix is my husband is there for work and he will be finished when we join him. It was probably a mistake to fly out of a different city.

My original plans were to go to Grand Canyon, Los Angeles, San Diego, and Las Vegas. We have 13 days. I had not originally planned to spend much time in Arizona. My husband thinks we should spend a day or two to see Flagstaff, Kingman and Sedona. We have 2 teenagers with us. What would you recommend?

Also, I have looked everyone for a deal on a rental car. We'll be paying about 600 for the 12 days. Does anyone know of any deals for one way rentals?

Thank you

Sue

3 Answers Jun 23, 2011 at 9:30 PM
    • La Quinta

by frushstrated Online Now Mar 27, 2011 at 7:29 PM

In December 1977 we went to Flagstaff to La Quinta Inn for our honeymoon, I have been trying to find this place - it was just off of I40, but everytime we pass by I am never able to find it. Did something happen to it?

3 Answers Mar 28, 2011 at 1:04 PM
    • Airport

by colleenAlves Online Now May 11, 2010 at 10:36 AM

Hi I am arriving in Flagstaff on the 26th of May. Is there an airport shuttle from the airport to hotel? And a shuttle to take me back to airport on the 29th.
      Thank you Colleen Alves

4 Answers May 11, 2010 at 6:01 PM
    • bobbistarwinde's Profile Photo

Visiting with no car

by bobbistarwinde Online Now Jul 14, 2009 at 11:49 AM

What are your suggestions for places to visit for someone who has no car and relies on public transport? Are there many places of attraction that are easy to get to? Also, I would like any recommendations of anyone's favourite places to visit, acommodation and eating, as I am a student so need to keep costs to a minimum.

Thanks,
      Kirsty

6 Answers Jul 15, 2009 at 5:55 AM
    • Kevin_Cade's Profile Photo

Active, Wild, Motorized Fun?

by Kevin_Cade Online Now Mar 26, 2009 at 11:28 AM

A question I have that you might be able to help me with is....

Can you help me find any places nearby where we can:

1) quadbiking
      2) dune-buggying
      3) archery
      4) wall climbing

etc. adventurous stuff outside, stuff that involves engines or a bit of adventurous attitudes (maybe even fitness).

We'll be doing a lot of walking,but my three active boys (9-13 years old) would love if we could do some of the activities I've listed above.

cheers in advance for any help you can (hopefully!) give,
      Kevin

2 Answers Apr 3, 2009 at 1:37 AM
    • Visiting Flagstaff \/Sedona

by loej33 Online Now Nov 11, 2008 at 6:26 AM

We will be visiting Arizona in January. Would it be better to stay in Flagstaff or Sedona? What is there to do? What will the weather be like? Can anyone recommend a hotel in either place. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

5 Answers Dec 3, 2008 at 9:12 AM
    • Agassiz ski lift cafe?

by askantik Online Now Jun 18, 2008 at 1:49 PM

Hey all,

A couple summers ago, I visited Flagstaff and the nearby Agassiz ski lift. We also ate at the cafe there, does anyone know what this place is called? I couldn't find it online. Thanks!

3 Answers Jun 18, 2008 at 2:46 PM
    • Flagstaff to Sedona

by CryssieJade Online Now Mar 26, 2008 at 12:36 AM

Hi there,

I'm a backpacker who will be staying at a hostel in Flagstaff, and would like to visit nearby Sedona on a day independant of the tour that the hostel runs.

How would I get from Flagstaff to Sedona by a public bus or train? A cab is NOT an option.

I am looking for the absolute cheapest way to get there.

Cheers in advance!

5 Answers Mar 28, 2008 at 3:10 AM
    • TravillionRex's Profile Photo

Early Morning

by TravillionRex Online Now Feb 26, 2008 at 10:15 AM

I'll be coming to Flagstaff on an April Wednesday by train. The day I show up, I'll take a shuttle to Sedona and back. The train is scheduled to come in at 5am (will probably be more than an hour late) but the shuttle doesn't leave until 9am. So, are there breakfast joints open and near the Amtrak Station? Also, any suggestions for dinner? I'll be staying near the station and would like pretty budget eats.

3 Answers Mar 1, 2008 at 2:14 PM

Phoenix Tours to Painted Desert

by TravillionRex Online Now Jan 29, 2008 at 6:49 AM

Apparently, Phoenix Tours has a tour from Flagstaff to Petrified Forest, Painted Desert & Meteor Crater. Does anyone know anything about it? Someone here mentioned that the Forest isn't all that, I figure lumping all these sights together might make sense. I'm only worried it's a little too much.

4 Answers Jan 29, 2008 at 7:48 PM

Nearby Sights

by TravillionRex Online Now Jan 27, 2008 at 10:00 AM

I'll probably be swinging by Flagstaff, stayed there before and took a tour to Grand Canyon and Monument Valley (loved both!) Was wondering if there are any other day tours worth the trip, mainly to Canyon de Chelly (too far?) or Petrified Forest? Also, is there any way to get to Walnut Canyon or Sunset Crater without renting a car (no licence)?

3 Answers Feb 10, 2008 at 8:25 AM
    • Flagstaff in December

by TheGeneral Online Now Oct 9, 2007 at 10:21 PM

My wife and I have to be in Arizona in late December and I am hoping to take advantage of being in the area to see the northeastern part of the state. My concern is weather. Cold is okay, snow is not. I am thinking of visiting Flagstaff, heading north to Tuba City and the Hopi reservation, then east to Canyon de Chelly. I felt pretty good about the trip until I saw a travel website with photos of Flagstaff in winter. It was covered in snow.

Is this a crazy thing to do at that time of year? Should I expect tons of snow on this trip or am I getting worried over nothing? Thanks!

7 Answers Oct 12, 2007 at 11:11 PM
    • looking for a bar I visited years ago... (lots of 12 point bucks)

by mrcdsmith Online Now Aug 13, 2007 at 7:33 PM

I was in Flagstaff about 15 years ago and went to a great bar downtown. What I remember most about the place was that there were mounted deer heads hanging all along the walls and every single one of them was a 12 point buck! I'm going to be visiting next month and I'd love to find the place again. Does anyone have any idea what the name of it is and if the place is still there?
      Thanks in advance.
      - Chris

6 Answers Aug 27, 2007 at 10:08 PM
    • Levmari's Profile Photo

Flagstaff, Az apartments and such

by Levmari Online Now Jun 12, 2007 at 4:51 PM

Hi,
      I am moving to Flagstaff in October and I did a lot of research on apartment communities there, I read a lot of reviews, but I can't find a good place to stay at. Most of the reviews seem to be negative...
      Can anybody recommend a decent apartment complex or rental agency in Flagstaff? I'm looking for a quiet community yet safe, pet-friendly, close to parks.
      Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Jun 17, 2007 at 12:02 PM
    • Moving from Washington to Flagstaff

by dkannenberg Online Now Mar 13, 2007 at 2:51 PM

We are moving next month from Washington to Flagstaff. I am very excited and am hoping it will be a positive move for us. We are a family of 5. 3 kids going with - 20, 14 and 7. Any information will be helpful. My Father in Law and other in law family lives there but I want the skinny from someone who isn't related (grin).

D.

1 Answer Mar 13, 2007 at 7:22 PM
    • Williams to L.A

by klh709 Online Now Feb 12, 2007 at 12:52 PM

Hi,thankyou for my replies.
      We have 2 days and one night to travel from Williams to L.A.
      What are the best bits to see between these destinations?

many thanks

1 Answer Feb 12, 2007 at 7:43 PM
    • Williams to L.A

by klh709 Online Now Feb 10, 2007 at 5:40 AM

Hi,we are travelling to Vegas at the end of March (where we are getting married) and from there hiring a car to drive to the Grand Canyon.We will have our two young children with us and i am panicing about spending long periods in the car driving.Hence,we were thinking of driving to Williams for the night and taking the train to the canyon.We then plan to drive to L.A.We have 2 days and 1 night to do this.We want to see as much as possible but i`m reading so much info i`m getting confused!!
      1)do you recommend the train to G.C?
      2)How long is the drive from Williams to L.A?
      3)What are the best things to see on this journey? Thankyou!

2 Answers Feb 11, 2007 at 1:41 PM

from Florida to Flagstaff

by Levmari Online Now Jan 23, 2007 at 12:00 PM

Hi all,
      We are planning to move to Flagstaff with my wife and my cat in the middle of August, 07.
      I've read a lot about the town itself, how calm and pleasant it is, but I need some more detailed info about it, like:
      1. how safe it is? we are trying to establish a family there, have kids...
      2. are there any good churches? by good I mean a rather traditional church that focuses on the Bible; where people don't go to have fun and enjoy a show but to learn God's will, and to deepen their relationships with Him... and also not a "movie-style church" where you sit and watch and leave and nothing changes...
      3. can anyone recommend a specific area to move into in Flagstaff that is quiet but still safe, that is close to parks, green areas... and also not too expensive
      4. what's the public transportation like? is it year-round and frequent?
      5. is the weather dominantly cold there?

We've already been to Flagstaff in May of last year, we drove through it while we visited the Grand Canyon... we kinda' fell in love with it.

Any advice is highly appreciated

9 Answers Apr 2, 2007 at 1:30 PM

from Florida to Flagstaff

by Levmari Online Now Jan 23, 2007 at 11:45 AM

Hi all,
      We are planning to move to Flagstaff with my wife and my cat in the middle of August, 07.
      I've read a lot about the town itself, how calm and pleasant it is, but I need some more detailed info about it, like:
      1. how safe it is? we are trying to establish a family there, have kids...
      2. are there any good churches? by good I mean a rather traditional church that focuses on the Bible; where people don't go to have fun and enjoy a show but to learn God's will, and to deepen their relationships with Him... and also not a "movie-style church" where you sit and watch and leave and nothing changes...
      3. can anyone recommend a specific area to move into in Flagstaff that is quiet but still safe, that is close to parks, green areas... and also not too expensive
      4. what's the public transportation like? is it year-round and frequent?
      5. is the weather dominantly cold there?

We've already been to Flagstaff in May of last year, we drove through it while we visited the Grand Canyon... we kinda' fell in love with it.

Any advice is highly appreciated

• Anjaake's Profile Photo

from Los Angeles to Flagstaff

by Anjaake Online Now Nov 23, 2006 at 6:38 AM

Hi there,
      please could anyone tell me how long the drive is from Los Angeles to Flagstaff. we are planning to do this in June 2007... We want to go to the grand canyon but is to far to do it in one way. LA-grand canyon.
      thanks.
      Anja

22 Answers Aug 23, 2008 at 9:39 PM
    • Top sights and how to get there!

by treegirl85 Online Now Oct 11, 2006 at 1:36 PM

Hi!

Me and a friend are planning to stop in Flagstaff for a few days en route to the Grand Canyon. Does anyone have any tips for the things we shouldn't miss while we are there, and also how easy it is to get around there using public transport, as neither of us drive!

Thanks for any help!

1 Answer Oct 12, 2006 at 2:53 PM
    • Hiking in/near Flagstaff

by askantik Online Now Jul 6, 2006 at 7:30 AM

Hello!

I'm travelling with two other people from for about 3 days in the middle of July to Flagstaff. What are some cool places to hike? Nothing too extreme, we're hiking newbies, but something cool. I was looking at Lava River Cave and also Lenox Crater. It's hard to tell whether something is really neat or not without actually seeing it ;)

What do you recommend? I won't be there for long, and we will probably only be able to do 1 or 2 hiking expeditions. And I like ones in remote locations, so that isn't a problem if you think I'll get lost :D

Thanks,
      Cody

2 Answers Jul 6, 2006 at 3:33 PM
    • Weather

by Alisonpj Online Now Jun 9, 2006 at 5:13 AM

Hi - My family and I are coming to Arizona next March and are trying to decide whether to stay in Flagstaff or Sedona after having a week just outside Tucson. Will there be a difference in the weather between Flagstaff and Sedona around third/fourth week of March? And what are the driving conditions normally like at this time of year? We want to drive right up north to the GC as well?

Any info would be gratefully received
      Alison

3 Answers Jun 14, 2006 at 10:04 PM
    • jsciallo's Profile Photo

Fairfield Resorts Inn

by jsciallo Online Now Apr 19, 2006 at 10:50 AM

Anyone every stayed here? I hear it's a two-story resort, reputedly with "priveliges" next door for their health club and pool. Can anyone let me know what to expect here?
      We are coming out from Pennsylvania May 13th and are staying for a week. Anything anyone can offer by way of some info will be happily appreciated. And I really enjoy all the input about this cool city! Can't wait to get there.
      AJ from PA

2 Answers May 2, 2006 at 8:19 AM
    • vyxxyn's Profile Photo

Lava River Cave

by vyxxyn Online Now Dec 14, 2005 at 9:30 PM

Hi there, I couldn't find any travel reviews about this location so am posting here to ask if anyone has been here as I'd like to know if it's ok to visit in the winter. Will be travelling with one other person. I'm planning to visit Sedona/Flagstaff in Jan, and am a lover of the great outdoors. Thanks :)

10 Answers Jan 21, 2006 at 1:33 AM
    • beatchfre's Profile Photo

Driving Through Flagstaff / Staying Thursday Night / Fun Bars?

by beatchfre Online Now Sep 26, 2005 at 8:01 PM

My cousin and I are going on a road trip (Santa Fe->Monument Valley->Grand Canyon->Las Vegas). We're planning on spending a night on a Thursday. This will be the third time I've done the trip, but I've only been out in Flagstaff once. We asked our concierge to recommend a good bar - he recommended one because it was "college night". We were the only ones there under 40, but we had a good time anyway. It was right near a Taco Bell Drive Thru - can anyone tell me what it's called?

Can anyone direct me to a decent web site that lists the bars in Flagstaff - one that perhaps has photos. I've googled and found a few sites, but most are YellowPages-type dealies - I've learned not to trust these sites 'cos they're outdated and cater, it seems, to strip clubs! A web site showing photos, etc would be great!

I'm off to google some more.

thanks in advance for any replies.

2 Answers Jun 19, 2007 at 5:20 AM
    • ArizonaExpert's Profile Photo

Horseback Riding?

by ArizonaExpert Online Now Apr 15, 2005 at 10:47 AM

Spending a quiet weekend there with the wife at the Radisson. Her idea of relaxing is a 3 mile run, tennis and then another sport in the afternoon. I figured that if we went horseback riding, at least the horse can do some of the work for me. Any ideas on a ride/stables that aren't just "lead you on a walk" for an hour? We would like to a little freedom to actually ride too. Thanks!