Flagstaff Travel Answers

change location

Williams to L.A

by klh709 Online Now Feb 10, 2007 at 5:40 AM

Hi,we are travelling to Vegas at the end of March (where we are getting married) and from there hiring a car to drive to the Grand Canyon.We will have our two young children with us and i am panicing about spending long periods in the car driving.Hence,we were thinking of driving to Williams for the night and taking the train to the canyon.We then plan to drive to L.A.We have 2 days and 1 night to do this.We want to see as much as possible but i`m reading so much info i`m getting confused!!
1)do you recommend the train to G.C?
2)How long is the drive from Williams to L.A?
3)What are the best things to see on this journey? Thankyou!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Tdiver's Profile Photo

RE: Williams to L.A

by Tdiver Online Now Feb 10, 2007 at 7:50 AM

From Vegas it's only 2-3 hours to the canyon and i had snow so don't worry you can stay a night if you want want or just go v.early and get back.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • haysnoe's Profile Photo

RE: Williams to L.A

by haysnoe Online Now Feb 11, 2007 at 1:41 PM

Depending on how the children travel your expectations are reasonable.

1. The train is fun. You could drive if you insist, which will give you more freedom once you reach Grand Canyon Village, but the train is a hoot and the kids will surely enjoy it.

2. Williams to LA is about 425 miles, six-to-seven-hour drive. Beware of time of your arrival into LA to avoid traffic.

3. If you only have two days and one night to complete Vegas/GC/LA trip you'll probably be driving too much to stop anywhere in between.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines