Flagstaff Travel Answers

change location

Hiking in/near Flagstaff

by askantik Online Now Jul 6, 2006 at 7:30 AM

Hello!

I'm travelling with two other people from for about 3 days in the middle of July to Flagstaff. What are some cool places to hike? Nothing too extreme, we're hiking newbies, but something cool. I was looking at Lava River Cave and also Lenox Crater. It's hard to tell whether something is really neat or not without actually seeing it ;)

What do you recommend? I won't be there for long, and we will probably only be able to do 1 or 2 hiking expeditions. And I like ones in remote locations, so that isn't a problem if you think I'll get lost :D

Thanks,
Cody

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Hiking in/near Flagstaff

by MikePinTucson Online Now Jul 6, 2006 at 8:52 AM

Hi Cody,

I haven't done any hikes around Flag. But here is a site that shows all the hiking trails. Once you join, you can click on a specific hike and find out all about it -- description, ratings of people who have hiked it, pictures, difficulty, etc.

hikearizona.com/Region-Hikes...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

RE: Hiking in/near Flagstaff

by bocmaxima Online Now Jul 6, 2006 at 3:33 PM

Haven't done Lava River Cave personally, but I have friends that say it's great.
    I've only done Mount Elden, which is rated as strenuous, and it was pretty tough, but yielded a great view of the city.
    The Peaks RD of the Coconino NF has a pretty comprehensive site on their trails:
    fs.fed.us/r3/coconino/recrea...
    Lockett Meadow is also nice, although I don't know that there are any trails around it.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines