Flagstaff Travel Answers

change location
beatchfre's Profile Photo

Driving Through Flagstaff / Staying Thursday Night / Fun Bars?

by beatchfre Online Now Sep 26, 2005 at 8:01 PM

My cousin and I are going on a road trip (Santa Fe->Monument Valley->Grand Canyon->Las Vegas). We're planning on spending a night on a Thursday. This will be the third time I've done the trip, but I've only been out in Flagstaff once. We asked our concierge to recommend a good bar - he recommended one because it was "college night". We were the only ones there under 40, but we had a good time anyway. It was right near a Taco Bell Drive Thru - can anyone tell me what it's called?

Can anyone direct me to a decent web site that lists the bars in Flagstaff - one that perhaps has photos. I've googled and found a few sites, but most are YellowPages-type dealies - I've learned not to trust these sites 'cos they're outdated and cater, it seems, to strip clubs! A web site showing photos, etc would be great!

I'm off to google some more.

thanks in advance for any replies.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • karen_mo's Profile Photo

RE: Driving Through Flagstaff / Staying Thursday Night / Fun Bars?

by karen_mo Online Now Sep 27, 2005 at 2:49 PM

Hi, We stayed at the Monte Vista hotel in downtown Flagstaff and the guy on the front gave us a map and marked the bars that had some life in them. One of them was Maloneys. See link...
    google.co.uk/local?hl=en&lr=...
    Is this the one you went to? I know there was another v lively college bar nearby, I think it had a mexican theme. Sorry, probably not a lot of help to you!! Anyway, the hotel is worth a visit just for the weird way the rooms are named after famous people and themed. very quirky, even if a little battered looking! I thought downtown Flagstaff was a great find after driving round the main road full of petrol stations and motels!
    Karen

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • neeheh's Profile Photo

Re: Driving Through Flagstaff / Staying Thursday Night / Fun Bars?

by neeheh Online Now Jun 19, 2007 at 5:20 AM

Hello,

I haven't been there myself, but am planning a trip in August. We will be there for a couple of days (staying in the Grand Canyon Hostel). Much like you, we are looking for a nice bar for people around 25/30.

I found this http://www.sanfelipescantina.com/ , which is probably the bar the poster above me was talking about. Like I said, haven't been there yet but probably will check it out.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines