Flagstaff Travel Answers

change location
mysticada's Profile Photo

moving to flagstaff?

by mysticada Online Now Feb 15, 2003 at 3:16 AM

i plan on moving to flagstaff in about 6 months I was wondering on employment and rentals. I also have a 13 yr old son and was wondering if there was plenty for him to do there. we are in the hospitality business and musicians as well.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • chilly_casey's Profile Photo

Re: moving to flagstaff?

by chilly_casey Online Now Feb 15, 2003 at 7:40 AM

Flag is great! Go drink at the Monte Vista. It might seem small and a bit boring for a 13 yr old, but doesn't everything? Heard a bit on NPR a few weeks ago about a house of young folks doing DIY shows there, but can't remember the name of the house and think it has since been shut down anyway. But, enjoy Flagstaff! I was there a decade ago so can't comment on the modern job market. Something will work out. Check ArizonaDailySun for listings-

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dncee111's Profile Photo

Re: moving to flagstaff?

by dncee111 Online Now Feb 15, 2003 at 6:08 PM

I can't comment on the current job mkt there either but my wife & I both graduated from college there (Northern Ariz Univ.) and go back there almost every summer to stay in nearby Oak Creek Canyon. Great little college town, elv. 1 mile with taller mtn all round, pine forest. Plenty of hotels and restaurants since it is a major hwy intersection. Try to find a place to stay near downtown rather than in East Flag. Good luck

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines