Fitz Roy

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Fitz Roy to Chiloe

by Kilburn25 Online Now Jul 5, 2009 at 7:24 AM

I want to travel from El Chalten up to Pto Montt to catch the ferry over to Chiloe. How is the best way to do this?

• GPS Waypoints for Fitz Roy Area

by klaus1967 Online Now Feb 20, 2007 at 7:34 AM

Hi all,

we are planning a trip to El Chalten in March 2007. We bought the useful book "Trekking in the Patagonian Andes" but unfortunately it does not contain any GPS waypoints.

Could anyone please provide us with the GPS waypoints for

Laguna de los Tres
      Campamento Rio Blanco / Poincenot / Agostini
      Glaciar Piedras Blances
      Mirador Cerro Terro

Thank you in advance ! Any hints for hiking in this area are very welcome.

Klaus

2 Answers Dec 18, 2009 at 5:40 PM
    • boasnovas's Profile Photo

till when?

by boasnovas Online Now Mar 6, 2006 at 9:03 AM

is it possible to go to el chalten in April?
      when would be the latest?

1 Answer Mar 6, 2006 at 1:56 PM
    • Private tours/hikes

by gingerhung Online Now Nov 24, 2005 at 2:49 AM

hello there,

i am staying in el calafate with 2 friends, and we plan on hiking in Fitz Roy for 3-4 days. we have contacted several tour companies, and they are charging ~$800 for a private guide. is this expensive, and is there a cheaper way of finding a group to join once we get to el chalten? i would prefer to go with a group.

2 Answers Nov 28, 2005 at 6:00 AM
    • MariusG's Profile Photo

short walks in Fitz Roy - El Chaltén area?

by MariusG Online Now Nov 9, 2003 at 1:51 PM

We plan a trip to Patagonia in January and I thought to stay, among others, in for a couple of days, and taking several short walks of 2-3 hours each. One opinion that I got says bad idea - all the area is steep, mainly for mountain climbing by experienced sportsman or at least trekkers in good shape; the other opinion says good idea, since there are plenty of easy walks, for all ages and fitness. What is your experience? Any advice will be appreciated.

8 Answers Dec 18, 2009 at 5:43 PM