Fishguard Travel Answers

change location
amandajayne81's Profile Photo

Hertz Car drop off to Ferry Terminal

by amandajayne81 Online Now Aug 22, 2008 at 10:16 PM

Mum and I leave on our first European/UK trip in a few weeks and we are getting pretty excited. Would anyone be able to tell me the distance and best way to get from the Hertz Rental Car drop off in downtown Fishguard to the ferry terminal. We will have all our luggage. Is a taxi the cheapest/easiest option? Likewise at the other end in Ireland if you know from the terminal to the Hertz depot? Thanks.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Re: Hertz Car drop off to Ferry Terminal

by SabrinaSummerville Online Now Aug 23, 2008 at 11:47 AM

Where in Ireland will you be docking? Rosslare? If so the Hertz dropoff is right at the terminal and you won't have any distance to travel at all.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • amandajayne81's Profile Photo

by amandajayne81 Online Now Aug 23, 2008 at 4:02 PM

Thanks for that. I thought it would be all pretty close but was just having a last minute panic. I didn't even think of one of us waiting while the other dropped the car off. Thanks to you both for your time.

by SabrinaSummerville Online Now Aug 23, 2008 at 4:05 PM

If anything else strikes you just ask.

Where do you intend to travel in Ireland?

by amandajayne81 Online Now Aug 23, 2008 at 9:57 PM

We only have four nights in Ireland which is such a short time but better than nothing. We plan to stay in Waterford, Tipperary and the final 2 nights in Dublin. We hope to see the Rock of Cashel and not really plan much more just see what we see. I really think it will just be a bit of a 'taste test' visit as I think I will definitely have to return for a more extended period.

by SabrinaSummerville Online Now Aug 24, 2008 at 4:18 AM

It's a lovely drive from Rosslare to Waterford. Waterford is an ancient Viking settlement so there are Viking buildings and walls all around you. Of course, there's the famous glass factory and (what many people don't realise) many very lovely beaches.

The Rock of Cashel is a nice short drive from Waterford and if you stay in Tipperary then it's a different taste of Ireland again.

Dublin is a beautiful city with so much to see and do, but all centred together in a compact area.

You'll love it.

by amandajayne81 Online Now Aug 24, 2008 at 11:04 PM

Thanks for your encouraging words. We can't wait to see it. We are only sad we have such a short visit. Next time will be longer for sure.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines