Finnmark

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Stavanger Oil Museum

Norway Dec 22, 2014 at 2:06 AM

I'm doing a research on oil museums for designing an oil museum. do you know where I can find information on the museum coverage area,library, conference room dimensions, etc?

more
    • taxi at tromso airport

Tromsø Dec 14, 2014 at 2:22 AM

Does anyone know the approx cost of a taxi from the airport to Clsrion Collection hotel for four with suitcases. Do u have to book or are they freely available. Thanks

more
    • Hiking Western Norway

Norway Dec 3, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Hey all.
      I'm currently planning a hiking trip to western Norway to happen next spring. Looking for any ideas for good hiking routes or must see fjords/National Parks.

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Can anyone recommend a Hotel or B & B in Trofors, Norway for June 2015?? Thank you!

Trofors Dec 7, 2014 at 7:27 AM

Can anyone recommend a Hotel or B & B in Trofors, Norway for June 2015? Trofors must be a very small village in Nordland though, there is a train station there. I have looked at several hotel sites on line though, found nothing there. I am visiting Hattfjelldal, Nordland then looking at Trofors to catch a southbound 8:56 morning train. Any & all thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thank you, Chuck Ps. having a hotel can make this trip a workable, as traveling on to Geiranger to meet friends one day later.

more
    • Seljord accommodation or buy a holiday home

Seljord Dec 19, 2014 at 1:24 AM

we are Frequent travellers to Seljord - Can we buy a holiday home there as foreigners please?
      any help would be most appreciated :)

more
    • SanjaP's Profile Photo

acomodation in Kirkenes

Kirkenes Aug 31, 2014 at 3:18 AM

I will come to Kirkenes at October 3 rd and will stay till October 12.......need some not bad but not to expencive place to stay...any help?

4 Answers Sep 2, 2014 at 2:58 AM
    • northern lights

Kirkenes Jul 26, 2014 at 10:25 AM

hi there! when is the best time of the year to visit Kirkenes, regarding the northern lights phenomenon?

2 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 12:55 AM
    • Any one knows where to buy 55 shot glasses with a Nord Kap mark on?

Nordkapp Jul 6, 2014 at 3:56 AM

Can someone help me find out where to buy 55 shot glasses with a Nord Kap mark on?
      Thank you in advance!
      Johanna
      Wedding in Sweden

2 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 6:44 AM
    • SFHANK's Profile Photo

Restaurants....in Honningsvag

Honningsvåg Jun 30, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Hello - I'll be spending the night in Honningsvag early next month. I would appreciate the name of what is considered the best restaurant. Is it the Corner Cafe ?, or are their others that are more impressive. I'm seeking some of the delicious local fish!

Thank you,

Hank - Scottsdale, AZ

• Lellie53's Profile Photo

Cost of Trip to North Cape on a Cruise

Honningsvåg Jun 21, 2014 at 5:11 AM

Is it worth spending £70 each to go to North Cape or just stay in Honningsvag and enjoy the scenery there?

4 Answers Jun 23, 2014 at 9:12 AM
    • North Cape Express

Honningsvåg Jun 9, 2014 at 6:44 AM

We are due at Honningsvaag on Ruby Princess on 23rd June and have just been reading about Boreal Transport on line. They advertise the first departure for 11.45am but since there will be a cruise ship in port will there be any earlier bus departures? Can you also tell me the various return departure times from North Cape as we would want to be back on board well before our 5.00pm sailing time? How long do people usually stay at the North Cape to get full benefit from their visit?
      Any help or advice you could give us would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
      Thank you.
      Ian Gibb
      mar.ian@tesco.net

• Taxi in Kirkenes

Kirkenes Jun 8, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Will taxi accept Credit cards

1 Answer Jun 9, 2014 at 10:24 PM
    • North Capae

Honningsvåg Jun 4, 2014 at 2:11 AM

Are there coaches to the North Cape from the cruise terminal at Honningsvag?

2 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 2:41 PM
    • Real North Cape

Nordkapp Jun 2, 2014 at 8:18 PM

I'm seeking information on the hike to the real North Cape, about 9 km off of E69. We are coming in on a cruise, arriving at 8 a.m., getting a rental car at 8:30, and I'm guessing we could be at trail head, parking area by 9:15. Is it realistic to make the hike from there in 2.5 hours, and 3 hours on the return to the car, back to car say by 2:45? Can you get further down the trail in a car to drop off hikers, shortening the hike by a mile or two? answer to email ministercbc@aol.com

1 Answer Jun 3, 2014 at 11:15 AM
    • Transporte en Honningsvag

Honningsvåg May 5, 2014 at 12:29 AM

Alguien me puede decir cómo reservar un taxi en Honningsvag, para llegar a Cabo Norte?

1 Answer May 5, 2014 at 2:18 AM
    • rent a car

Hammerfest May 4, 2014 at 9:10 PM

Hi

Renting a very small car for 3 days and not for 7 days from Hertz, Avis,....costs much ,over 120 USD per day. Is there anyone knows about a local rent company in Hammerfest ,Norway which offers cars for lower price. With the rented car I want to drive to the Nordkapp for 3 days and back to Hammerfest.

To use a flight or bus is not so convenient to take trip in Nordkapp area.

2 Answers May 5, 2014 at 6:55 AM
    • travelling by Bus from Kirkenes

Honningsvåg Mar 27, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Dear Sir/Madam.
      I have chosen Kirkenes as the starting point of my journey across Norway, starting from 19 May 2014. Since my intention is to enjoy the Norway scenery, the fjord and the famous midnight sun, so I will be travelling by Buses, Boat and Trains. I have booked Hotel along the way.
      The itinerary will be as follows:
      -By Bus : Kirkenes-Honnigsvag (Nordkapp)(overnight Honningsvag)-Alta-Tromso
      -by Boat : Tromso-Trondheim (Hurtigrutten, overnight on board).
      -by Train : Trondheim-Lillehammer (overnight).
      -by Bus : Lillehamer-Bergen (overnight).
      -by Train : Bergen-Oslo-end.

1. How far is Rica Arctic Hotel Kirkenes and Rica Bryggen Hotel Honningsvag from the Bus station going to/from Kirkenes and Honningsvag..
      2. How to book a seat reservation for my journey from Kirkenes-Honningsvag-Alta-Tromso.
      3. How much is the ticket fare of each leg.
      3. Do you have the time table.
      3. Do you have the email address of the relevant Bus Operator or a Tourist Agency in

Kirkenes or Honningsvag, for me to contact them.

4. Do you have the email address of the Bus Operator connecting Kirkenes-Murmansk. I will contact them to book seat reservation of my trip from Murmansk to Kirkenes.

Dear Sir/Madam, please, your help will be highly appreciated

My best regards,
      SANTOSA HARDJENDRO

2 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 4:56 AM
    • Bus travel from Kirkenes to Bodo?

Kirkenes Mar 20, 2014 at 5:10 PM

I'm trying to find out if there is any bus service from Kirkenes to Bodo? I arrive in Kirkenes by cruise ship the first week of September 2014, and would like to take a bus to Bodo, then grab a train to Bergen. (I've got three days to make the trip from Kirkenes to Bergen - I'm not even sure if this is possible?). I appreciate any help - thanks.

4 Answers Mar 22, 2014 at 3:32 PM
    • Take bus from Alta to Honningsvag on Saturday. (Date 14 June 2014)

Honningsvåg Feb 12, 2014 at 5:34 PM

I found that the bus is not available on every Saturday to go to Honningsvag from Alta.
      I booked the flight ticket and hotel already. I need to travel to Honningsvag on Saturday. Please advise any other transportation. I have not driver license so I can't rent a car to do it.

Thank you in advance for your help.

2 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 10:23 AM
    • Bus to North Cape

Honningsvåg Feb 1, 2014 at 7:23 AM

We are going on Hurtigruten at the end of Feb this year.
      Is there an alternative way of getting to the North Cape apart from the excursion?

3 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 1:02 AM
    • Things to do while in port.

Honningsvåg Jan 28, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Is it worth the 2 hour bus ride to North Cape in mid-July? If we decide to do that over something more active, how can we make the most of it?

1 Answer Jan 28, 2014 at 1:52 PM
    • KarenM92's Profile Photo

Bus Transportation - Alta

Alta Jan 21, 2014 at 6:46 AM

Bus Line Info For Alta to Bodo?

1 Answer Jan 21, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    • How long should I stay in Kirkenes?

Kirkenes Nov 11, 2013 at 7:46 AM

I’m traveling up North with Hurtigruten to Kirkenes at the end of December. In Kirkenes I will spend 1 night at the snow hotel, do a half day dog sledding trip, and do the tour offered by Hurtigruten.

I have the option to spend up to two nights in Kirkenes, but was unsure if there is actually enough to do aside from winter activities. I don’t plan on doing any other ones like snow mobiling or King crab fishing, etc. Is there enough to see and do culturally that I should stay two nights, or is one full day enough in Kirkenes?

Thanks in advance for your help!

7 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    • where to buy

Nordkapp Sep 7, 2013 at 6:26 AM

I'm after a jacket with a Norwegian flag and the letters 71 degrees nord . have seen one that was bought at Nordkapp , but need more info about where to get it from and the cost
      THANK YOU

1 Answer Sep 7, 2013 at 7:48 AM
    • Ewilly's Profile Photo

only 1 hour to spent

Vardø Jul 30, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Is there anything I can do inn Vardo when I have only 1 hour ?

2 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 5:11 PM
    • Ewilly's Profile Photo

I have 3 hours, so what can I do

Hammerfest Jul 21, 2013 at 8:40 AM

coming in Hurtigruten
      What can I do in hammerfest
      Should I book a tour?

3 Answers Aug 8, 2013 at 8:07 AM
    • driving late November from Kirkeness to Rovaniemi

Kirkenes Jul 15, 2013 at 2:17 AM

I am having a great deal of difficulty trying to find information on catching public buses from Kirkeness to Rovaniemi. We will arrive on the Hurtigruten boat. So two choices
      Catch buses
      or drive. How difficult is it to hire a car in Kirkeness and drive down to Rovaniemi with a stopover in between. I dont know what the landscape is or what the road conditions would be like. We are from australia & use to driving large distances but not in snowy conditions

9 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 5:48 PM
    • Ewilly's Profile Photo

how far is the russian border ?

Kirkenes Jul 14, 2013 at 12:38 PM

can I go there by taxi ?
      is it worth to see ?

5 Answers Aug 8, 2013 at 8:13 AM
    • Ewilly's Profile Photo

coming on cruise to Kirkenes

Kirkenes Jul 14, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Do I Need to book a tour ?
      what can I do there myself ?
      Is the City far away from cruiseport ?

3 Answers Jul 14, 2013 at 6:15 PM
    • Can I hire a small plane and pilot in Kirkenes?

Kirkenes Jul 4, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I'll be in Kirkenes for a couple days around August 8-11, and would like to hire a small plane (and pilot) for an hour or two to do some aerial photography in the area. Does anyone know how to locate a local professional pilot? The internet is proving surprisingly empty of information...  A helicopter would also be possible, though I imagine that's even less likely to find.  Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 4, 2013 at 1:17 PM
    • Narahari's Profile Photo

Travel options from Oslo to Hammerfest

Hammerfest Jul 2, 2013 at 9:55 AM

We are two. We want to try a combination of bus, rail and steamer to travel from Oslo to Hammerfest to enjoy the scenic beauty en route. Could anyone suggest the options please? We will fly back via Tromso.

3 Answers Jul 14, 2013 at 3:59 AM
    • Kirkenes tasi or something else for rriving Vadso

Kirkenes May 15, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Due to a strike in Vadso airport.
      I must go to Kirkenes on the 17th May arrival at 22.43 PM.
      What will be the cost of a taxi to Vadso ?
      Or is there an other solution possible for the same evening ?
      Thanks, Kris

• Transportation from Kirkenes to Helsinki Finland

Kirkenes May 14, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Is there a bus or train that would take you from Kirkenes (after departing the ship) to Helsinki?

1 Answer May 14, 2013 at 11:11 AM
    • KarenC45's Profile Photo

How to take bus from Honningsvag to Alta?

Honningsvåg Apr 21, 2013 at 8:01 AM

How to take bus from Honningsvag to Alta?

1 Answer Apr 21, 2013 at 10:04 AM
    • summer trip to nordkapp

Nordkapp Apr 18, 2013 at 6:15 AM

Hi everyone. I'm trying to plan a trip to nordkapp for this summer, with public transports. So these are my questions:
      1. does the bus Nordkappekspressen (between Narvik and Alta, then to Honningsvag) still exist? because I cannot find any info on the internet.
      2. if it doesn't run anymore, what are my concrete options to reach Alta (excluding flights, if possible)?

1 Answer Apr 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM